[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Search your toon @ lobby 
Can't find items in my game, some item like the "Brandstone Multitool" is needed to complete some task... okay its very hard to explain, lets just say I am un organized and I need help finding stuffs in my account. 

Please help me, I need a "Search everywhere in my account tools" @ loading screen so I know which toon to load to get them. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Domain of Vabbi Hearts : Be the Life of the Party << please change this heart I am currently getting funerary incense , I don't want to do that everyday. IT IS THE WORSE HEART  IN ALL OF TYRIA.  if not change at least make the progression faster, /dance to one stupid IRRITATING wallflowers only progress .00000001  like, what the ..... and the match making tools isn't even working properly. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

Search your toon @ lobby 
Can't find items in my game, some item like the "Brandstone Multitool" is needed to complete some task... okay its very hard to explain, lets just say I am un organized and I need help finding stuffs in my account. 

Please help me, I need a "Search everywhere in my account tools" @ loading screen so I know which toon to load to get them. 

Use gw2efficiency; it will find everything on your account, even before logging in!  :classic_tongue:

Big issue with this setting, it allows players to use left click to interact and move the character, but it completely removes any ability to use free camera and it removes the current target every time you click outside the enemy hitbox to move around.

A much better option would be to swap the functionality of right click and left click. Currently we also have the option to enable or disable (right click to attack/interact) but left click has no such option.

In summary I think the "Use either mouse to change direction option" really shouldn't exist unless additional settings get added to better play the game with it. All it does is it screws players that get used to changing directions with left click, but only once you get to endgame, you realize that you cant have an optimal experience like that.

• Confused 1

Remove "You Already Know This Recipe"s Recipe from the Recipe Book and vendors please. 

In fact remove everything that only need to buy once or anything the players do not need anymore once their achievement is done from vendors etc like the portal tome and its portal scroll etc.

it would be easier for player, don't have to scroll thru a whole list of item they already have , and recipe they already know. 

Thank you.

Edited by babana.7521
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Static Buff Bar - Trying to keep track of boons/buffs is a pain when they're constantly moving. As a relatively new player it's difficult to learn each buff when I cannot mouseover a buff for more than 1 second.

Mute Hotkey - During fights where there are a lot of people spells can be pretty loud. A simple hotkey to disable/enable all game sounds.

Free Camera Mount - Be able to use free camera while mounted. Mouse sensitivity is also higher when rotating the camera compared to unmounted.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hello,

This is my first post, I really hope people take their time to read this list of suggestions for Anet. I am a long time player from GW1 & GW2 one thing that always amazed me was the visual aesthetics from the artists back in GW1 and GW2. The website, trailers and the ingame screen loading screens are visually stunning.

I would like to see more options in the Graphic & Advanced settings. Unfortunately I see a lot of visual clutter in GW2 when the players are interacting in large numbers from Meta Events, World Bosses, WvW Zergs and even waiting in some waypoint before choosing what adventure to take on.

Main Suggestions:

1) Allow to disable or enable to visually see backpacks from other players.  Some of the cosmetics from backpacks are very distracting when ingame and unfortunately even lowering the character model quality to lowest the backpacks are still enabled.

2) Allow to disable mount skins from other players both in PvE & WvW.  Some of the mount skins in GW2 are simply amazing I must have atleast 5-8 skins per mount. However, I wished in some major events one could turn off the skins from other players so your screen is not a clutter of very intense colors and particle effects thus not only affecting the visual beauty of the game and improve the performance.

3) Allow the "Standard Enemy/Friendly Models option" in PvE . This is amazing feature in PvP. Usally, people in the PvP realm choose to go all in with thier fashion wars and can become very distracting. I love this feature as it reminds me and shows how beautiful some of the standard sets of armor are. Previously in GW or other MMORPG people could tell what class one is playing from the type of armor set they wear now with the cosmetic overrides and outfits its harder to distinguish.  Oddly enough it goes so well, I feel it would fit in very well with the PvE aspect of the game, since it respects the aesthetics of Guildwars2. (I would gladly even pay for this option from the gemstore)

I understand last patch Anet added a option to lower the visual clutter in large scale battles. I also understand Anets income comes from the gemstore, which a lot of people spend their Gold/Money in visual cosmetics. However, GW2 is a game that thrives and truly allows players choose their path/playstyle and must have one of the strongest "fashion wars" communities. Regardless, I feel their is a need to be able to give the option to those players whom might not be into seeing this flashy models (myself included I love how the vanilla game looks like and wished there could be bit more visual options). One buys the skins for themselves for their character, I have spend most probably over 1000 USD on cosmetics in this game, I understand people like it. I believe we should be trying to please all the spectrum of the player base on how they want to see the game from their screen. In the end its ones adventure playing with other players.

Thank you, For taking your time to read this. I hope we can have a discussion/Suggestion on my suggestions and get Anets attention.

PS: Apologies for any grammar mistakes English is not my first language.

Edited by Blindness.7215
Grammatical mistake
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Blindness.7215 changed the title to Please ADD [Suggestion: Add More Graphic Options & Advanced Settings] What do you think ?

UI needs an overhaul (being worked)

WvW population balancing needs an overhaul

Hearts for Tyria and Crystal Desert need completion requirements need to be halved.

All crafting professions need to be accessible from 1 NPC

I believe in you ANET

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement#Historical

Festivals Seasonal Activities 5 25   Playing Dragon Ball Arena during the Lunar New Year in 2015.
Lunar New Year 2016 7 109   Participating in the festivities of Lunar New Year in 2016.
Lunar New Year 2017 7 69   Participating in the festivities of Lunar New Year in 2017.
Dragon Bash 2013 16 195   Participating in the events of Dragon Bash 2013.
Festival of the Four Winds 2014 25 116   Participating in the festivities of Festival of the Four Winds in the Labyrinthine Cliffs and The Crown Pavilion.
The Queen's Gauntlet 18 220   Completing challenges in the Queen's Gauntlet during the Festival of the Four Winds.
Shadow of the Mad King 2012 8 116   Participating in the Halloween events of Shadow of the Mad King in 2012.
Blood and Madness 2013 13 107   Participating in the Halloween events of Blood and Madness in 2013.
Blood and Madness 2014 14 124   Participating in the Halloween events of Blood and Madness in 2014.
Shadow of the Mad King 2015 10 64   Participating in the Halloween events of Shadow of the Mad King in 2015.
Shadow of the Mad King 2016 10 64   Participating in the Halloween events of Shadow of the Mad King in 2016.
A Very Merry Wintersday '12 15 165   Participating in the Wintersday events of Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx in 2012.
A Very Merry Wintersday '13 17 194   Participating in the Wintersday events during A Very Merry Wintersday in 2013.
A Very Merry Wintersday '14 16 193   Participating in the Wintersday events during A Very Merry Wintersday in 2014.
A Very Merry Wintersday '15 16 193   Participating in the Wintersday events during A Very Merry Wintersday in 2015.

An easy source of "content", especially for players who joined in 2016 or later, would be to reactivate the now historical achievements for festivals (most being Halloween and Wintersday) to work towards. In total, historical festival achievements account for 1,954 achievement points. 475 comes from Halloween, 745 comes from Wintersday, and the rest come from what now falls under Lunar New Years, Dragon Bash, and Four Winds. LWS1 Return showed that it is fully possible to bring these achievements back, and this amount accounts for almost half of the unobtainable AP in the game (in total there is 4,062; 1,954 from festivals, 1,049 from LWS1 still, and 705 from WvW, and the rest from various retired achievements).

The "ideal" for "longevity" solution would be to lock each year behind the prior's meta achievement so people work towards the repeating goals one by one, similar to how The Ascension achievement works.

There isn't really any benefit to keeping these achievements locked. None of the skins are permanently locked as you can get them from vendors. The only argument I could see are the historical and exclusive titles from Wintersday:  Apprentice/Journeyman/Adept/Seasoned Toymaker. But I do not see that as a valid argument, personally.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Ranger:

Please make the juvenile siege turtle available more times to charm than just the once, and especially with the condition that the meta has to be successful. 

Please make spirits able to attack. 

Since they are targetable, so they should be able to cause damage to foes. 

Please consider compacting pet types in pet pop up.

We have way too many spiders, devourers, moas, etc.

The screen should display one and only one of each, and then a sub menu would pop up to select the skin it should have.

I feel ranger pets lack variety of species.

Instead of 5 or 6 type of spiders, and moas we could have other pets, such as Rhyno, Bull, or completely different cteatures altogether.

Which leads me to my next request.

Elementalists:

Summons could have more variety too here.

I would love to summon a GW1 Wisp as a water elemental. 

If this is not too much for you, you could add fusion monsters to weavers like their skills.

For instance:

Fire + Earth = A Titan summon

This would be an amazing feat, if you can do this.

Guild Halls:

Please consider adding street signs for guild halls with directions.

Also, we need a golem for pvp arena to test our builds in hall.

Also, we need a trading post npc in hall.

Please also consider adding the other crafting stations to guild halls.

Gathering tools:

Please consider making this a special shared inventory item instead of part of equipment. 

Make 3 new shared inventory slots for gathering tools only.

I think that's all I've got for you at the moment.

Keep up the good work.

• Confused 2

I was building Warbringer and noticed that in order to purchase Essence of Animosity I first needed to convert my Testimonies of Jade Heroics back to the older Testimonies of Heroics / Testimonies of Desert Heroics.  That's easy to do once you know to go to the Heroics Notary but seems a little needlessly confusing and out of date.

• Confused 2

We should be able to exchange the "Experience Scrolls" we get from birthday boosters into Spirit Shards.  I'm currently sitting on 15x lvl 20, 9x lvl 30, 11x Lvl 40, 11 lvl 50, and 10 lvl 60 scrolls that I CANNOT use and are just sitting in the bank.  It would be great if we could exchange these in for Tomes of Experience or Spirit Shards.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Dana Olson.4671 said:

We should be able to exchange the "Experience Scrolls" we get from birthday boosters into Spirit Shards.  I'm currently sitting on 15x lvl 20, 9x lvl 30, 11x Lvl 40, 11 lvl 50, and 10 lvl 60 scrolls that I CANNOT use and are just sitting in the bank.  It would be great if we could exchange these in for Tomes of Experience or Spirit Shards.

Get a extra character slot and run lvl 10,40 and 60 story each week for 3 black lion keys. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Hello,

I would like to see a new EoD Arborstone Revitalization mastery tier (or update the last one) to be able to get the Jade Tech Offensive and Defensive charges inside the hub.

Today I have to go outside, load an entire area for 2 minutes of boring actions to get that result (yeah, rich man problems).

As a solution, you could give 2 hours of those buffs directly when we teleport in Arborstone or you could add some Jade Tech Protocols with Charging Stations.

Thanks and have a nice day.

• Confused 2

i was thinking it would be nice if lets say i have a toon with reaper unlocked has long has i have a reaper unlocked on my account we should be able to unlock reaper on another toon has soon has we are able to use points at 30 instead of waiting tell 80 that elite would also be treated like any other you could put it on the first line and not the 3rd. thoughts? 

Edited by trunks.5249
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6