When is the next no-downstate week?

Based on everything else Anet has done lately, my guess is never? They only seem to focus on making changes that nobody in the WvW community wants. And since a majority of us would like to see the return of No Downstate Week, that means it ain't coming back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

And when you still can't close out a kill what will you request? It's the same blob play as any other time, but if you're not in the core of that squad or one of their besties, then you're going to take the waypoint more.Β 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

And when you still can't close out a kill what will you request? It's the same blob play as any other time, but if you're not in the core of that squad or one of their besties, then you're going to take the waypoint more.Β 

What's going on? If I still can't close out a kill then...what? My world doesn't revolve around blobs. No-downstate is fun, dude. But I'm sure you know about that since you sound fun yourself πŸ™„

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

What's going on? If I still can't close out a kill then...what? My world doesn't revolve around blobs. No-downstate is fun, dude. But I'm sure you know about that since you sound fun yourself πŸ™„

Down state is fun aside from Rally. The no Down state weeks end up being lame, a lot of people end up avoiding the maps, and it helps zergs more than anyone else.Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

Down state is fun aside from Rally. The no Down state weeks end up being lame, a lot of people end up avoiding the maps, and it helps zergs more than anyone else.Β 

Yea, that's a better and less repugnant comment than "oh, you think you're going to beat blob even though you can't kill anyone?" Jeez.

45 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

Oh just sit back and watch the horde of incoming proponents of no downstate in this thread claiming it’s awesome and everyone wants it, while conveniently ignoring the fact that every forum poll they put up after no downstate weeks in order to prove people want it permanently has been in favor of keeping downstate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Yea, that's a better and less repugnant comment than "oh, you think you're going to beat blob even though you can't kill anyone?" Jeez.

Apologies if that came off as a harsh comment, but you assumed everyone was cool with that and assumed it effected zerg play in a certain way and I was kind of matching your comments tone. I don't mind a no downstate week once in a while, but monthly is a lot.Β 

I'm with you when we're ready to change Downstate skills some and scrapping or replacing Rally though.

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Maybe it should be optional to enable so people that want it so badly can do it. Sure it’s only you that has no downstate then, but it could be no downstate week every week!

ive read a lot of dumb posts on this forum but this might be the dumbest.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GBEW.5947 said:

ive read a lot of dumb posts on this forum but this might be the dumbest.

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that they weren't entirely serious making that suggestion.Β 

I envy your forum experience though if that's true.Β 

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

Apologies if that came off as a harsh comment, but you assumed everyone was cool with that and assumed it effected zerg play in a certain way and I was kind of matching your comments tone. I don't mind a no downstate week once in a while, but monthly is a lot.Β 

I'm with you when we're ready to change Downstate skills some and scrapping or replacing Rally though.

Nah man. You weren't matching my comment's tone. You were being childish. Grow up. No-downstate is an event that used to come every year. No one has ulterior motives or is thinking beyond that it's a fun event to take part of.

10 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

Not sure I agree here. I won't speak for others but no downstate weeks encourages smaller groups and roamers to dive in more and see how many they can out. But it may be I am mental and seeing what players can impact during those weeks.Β 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Oh just sit back and watch the horde of incoming proponents of no downstate in this thread claiming it’s awesome and everyone wants it, while conveniently ignoring the fact that every forum poll they put up after no downstate weeks in order to prove people want it permanently has been in favor of keeping downstate.

Polls have shown if straight keep or go, keep. Other polls have shown that just favoring numbers is also not the path. And we have never been able to test changes versus just downstate or no downstate. Do you disagree we should test changes to downstate so its not just a numbers game?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Polls have shown if straight keep or go, keep. Other polls have shown that just favoring numbers is also not the path. And we have never been able to test changes versus just downstate or no downstate. Do you disagree we should test changes to downstate so its not just a numbers game?

I have said there should be 1:1 ressing (or significantly nerfed multi-heal), harsher/longer penalties for getting up again (and going down from 4->3 penalty states) plus that no rally would be an acceptable compromise for a decade.Β 

Are we going to go into the same discussions as always of two sides where one side absolutely refuse anything except deleting downstate while the other side can compromise and suggest changes, thus it being the eqvivalent of having a discussion with a brick wall and the brick wall expecting the human to agree?

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure what everyone else sees during no downstate.Β  Personally, it makes the game more fun.Β  You see blobs afraid to push things.Β  Super-aggressive players now actually pay for mistakes with a walk from spawn.Β  It favors not just coordination but individual skill.Β  Anet has no issue with coordination, but seems to have a huge problem with blobs (guilds) not just taking whatever they want without fail.Β  If you can stop a blob, make some of their guild have to run back, Anet will find a way to nerf or remove however you did it.Β  Honestly, I think that's the reason we haven't seen one in like 2 years or more.Β  Anet would rather babysit guilds than make the game mode balanced.Β  WvW mostly looks like Drizzlewood now.

Β 

Remember, downstate ONLY exists because the game launched with no trinity, i.e no healers.Β  Now they are everywhere.Β  So why do we still have downstate?

Edited by MedievalThings.5417
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I have said there should be 1:1 ressing (or significantly nerfed multi-heal), harsher/longer penalties for getting up again (and going down from 4->3 penalty states) plus that no rally would be an acceptable compromise for half a decade.Β 

Are we going to go into the same discussions as always of two sides where one side absolutely refuse anything except deleting downstate while the other side can compromise and suggest changes, thus it being the eqvivalent of having a discussion with a brick wall and the brick wall expecting the human to agree?

That's my point, I know you can offer up more details else I wouldn't poke you since you do come up with better middle grounds. 1:1 revives was a great change to downstate even though as we see players still don't know that is a thing and ask for no downstate since they think 1 killed can revive an entire group. I love your snark, but details help as well and finding middle ground makes better balance. So go with snark and then follow it up with more details is all I am saying, else yes, we have bantered long enough I am going to poke you for it, by now you should expect that.Β 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Not sure what everyone else sees during no downstate.Β  Personally, it makes the game more fun.Β  You see blobs afraid to push things.Β  Super-aggressive players now actually pay for mistakes with a walk from spawn.Β  It favors not just coordination but individual skill.Β  Anet has no issue with coordination, but seems to have a huge problem with blobs (guilds) not just taking whatever they want without fail.Β  If you can stop a blob, make some of their guild have to run back, Anet will find a way to nerf or remove however you did it.Β  Honestly, I think that's the reason we haven't seen one in like 2 years or more.Β  Anet would rather babysit guilds than make the game mode balanced.Β  WvW mostly looks like Drizzlewood now.

Β 

Remember, downstate ONLY exists because the game launched with no trinity, i.e no healers.Β  Now they are everywhere.Β  So why do we still have downstate?

The only thing I think I have figured out in all our downstate and no downstate conversations is its complicated and its not just one thing or another on both sides.Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Β 1:1 revives was a great change to downstate

That's rally, I was talking about only one person being able to res a downed player (or as mentioned, significantly nerfed speeds for multiple people).

• Confused 1