Ele needs boon rip and reveal

10 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

No.

Why?

Personally, I don't agree with OP's suggestions, but I think if they introduced a weapon (or new elite spec) that had some boon removal or stealth/reveal mechanics attached it'd actually be a nice change to how Ele plays.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

I do agree that the conjurer trait need work.

I do think that fire is a fiting element to "burn" boons. Like fuzzyp said it would be "better" if it came via a new e-spec or weapon.

I do think that air is a fiting element to reveal foes. Like fuzzyp said it would be "better" if it came via a new e-spec or weapon.

Underwater earth set a precedent for a smoke field. So I do think there is room for an access to stealth via combo on elementalist.

As for "buff staff weaver" and "get ele out of support/bunker"... I have no opinion on that.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

Boon rip or boon steal could be fun on arcane skills or Air. I don't think it should be the gimmick of the whole traitlane or skill type and spammable, but would really help to place rotation around fresh air, focus' single target skills, whatever builds against the classes with spammable stab, resolution etc.
About Reveal ... I don't know, honestly it has never been an issue. Or more exactly; the "reveal" on other classes are often useless, I don't really have the place in my skillbar for that.

About a new e-spec, all elem e-specs are already behind everything else ; you want an other one ? Elem needs better tools, not a new broken e-spec to erase all others, before they nerf everything because "balance". 

>Delete Conjurer trait, or rework the trait AND the conjure weapons. Yes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Ele doesn't really need boonrip imo. It's doing just fine without it, even on power (WvW environment) and the worst thing I can think of about not having boon rip is having to wait out enemy stability when fighting DH/Scrapper in 1v1 but that's literally it. 

Revealed, I think, is pretty pointless as long as thief can just run around and evade a lot anyway. What would be pretty funny (although unlikely) is if burning would make stealthed players emanate flames, but not putting reveal on them, to know where they are even while they are semi invisible; like in Minecraft xD

That being said tho, if you are playing Ele, a class heavily dependent on landing CCs and target being visible, classes with a lot of stability and stealth are going to be crazy hard matchups, unless the enemy is actual brainlet. It's just how the game was designed ^^

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2024 at 1:26 PM, Codename T.2847 said:

Revealed, I think, is pretty pointless as long as thief can just run around and evade a lot anyway. What would be pretty funny (although unlikely) is if burning would make stealthed players emanate flames, but not putting reveal on them, to know where they are even while they are semi invisible; like in Minecraft xD

This 

ele needs a lot of reworking. but can see boon strip being added to maybe some arcane utilities or future new weapon. anet really just needs 1 entire balance patch to just reworking the entirety of ele

10 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Reveal is sadly useless. Often on long cd and for those few secs, thief will just jump around or run away miles and come back

reveals issue is that it is way to short. make it last like 10 seconds and it will be much more valuable.

• Like 1

Ele needs more "counter magic" base off of the atument that your in that moment. Say if your in fire you should strip reg and resolution, if your in water you strip right and ?furry? Kind of water > fire boons and fire > water boons (same with earth and air as gw2 dose not have an element weakness.) This will only be for the lesser boons no stab quikness alactiry.

As for reveal i think it should be more like an location effect (you can kind of get an effect with Unsteady Ground that triggers an animations when its hit) with say lighting rod or some other large aoe effect that hits a target that will show with an animations but not apply the reveal effect.

• Like 1