New Fractal Dungeon "The Lonely Tower" Coming May 21.

59 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

They were talking about the recycling of old textures and architecture in EoD and SotO.

Cause they dont have idea anymore, no imaginations just recycling mobs, contents everything kinda tired of all that lets see how is going to be Fifth expansion after that who knows.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

another trash fractal, in curent state 100 is unplayable for 99% pugs. are we rly need another boss with 50 000 000 hp which pukes  50000 condi every 20 sec? whole arena gets filled with red aoes,whole team running around bcs they have no clue where to stand.... 

I miss fractals which were just fast and fun to do. this is just chore and ofc they added 4 stations where you must play SIMON SAYS.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Fractal needs some fine tuning, particularly with aoe as the damage and knock backs extends further than visuals suggest.

Once more people have completed the Fractal more information and tactics should emerge. Glad there's no gimmicky special action key mechanics like the last one.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's clear from the design that Silent Surf boss fight was originally made as a Strike, and just at the last moment got repurposed as a fractal in a hurry. That's likely what @Izzy.2951 had in mind. Whether something like this applies to this new fractal however, i cannot say without seeing it first.

Could be that Silent Surf was meant, but it wasn't recycled content at all.

In game developement it happens all the time that content get repurposed, it's nothing new. I don't see how that's "recycled content", in the end got an all new fractal with an all new boss.

10 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

They were talking about the recycling of old textures and architecture in EoD and SotO.

But... that's common practice in video games. Since decades....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

Why the hell has this guy like a gazillion HP even on 25? That's another example of why pugs want to skip new Fractals.

Practice your rotation and you will deal more damage

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

In game developement it happens all the time that content get repurposed, it's nothing new. I don't see how that's "recycled content", in the end got an all new fractal with an all new boss.

Though it hasn't been as heavily noticeable in gw2 previously. Since SotO release the asset re-use has been very in-our-face and that can sour the experience. If it's done in subtle ways that aren't too noticeable, then that's totally fine. But going into a new fractal, expecting fresh new content.. with fractals being very unconstrained about what they can contain. Literally anything, any time period, any place, could be a fractal. They have full creative freedom when coming up with the content of a fractal. Instead we walk into the wizard tower, which we've already seen plenty of in the expansion. We walk into familiar bosses, Cerus (from strikes) and Deimos (from raids) even using the same attacks as they use in their original  instances. Even Eparch is a boss/model we've already seen through the story in the previous chapter.

It really just feels like a bit of a let down when you compare it to something like Sunqua Peak which came out quite a while before EoD, bringing new visuals, new bosses (aside from air elemental), and just overall a fresh and exciting experience to explore (though the difficulty wasn't well received as far as I know) and unique-feeling fight mechanics. I was really excited to explore something new and unknown with the new fractal, but then it was like 'oh.. more wizard's tower..' and 'oh... there's deimos and cerus again..' and 'oh.. the eparch guy..' so I did find it quite disappointing. Maybe I had the wrong expectations. Maybe I was hoping too much that the fractal would be a teaser for the next expansion. Was just really looking forward to something new and exciting, but then got what felt like a patchwork of existing stuff.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mic.1897 said:

Min-maxing, cookie-cutting and the likes should not be required for T1 fractals.

Just like with Silent Surf, this boss' HP pool simply does not belong in T1.

If Arenanet wants players to play content, they need to adjust it for the players that content should be aimed at. As they are right now, T1 Silent Surf and Lonely Tower are designed for T3/T4 numbers-chasers, not for casual T1 frequenters.

And if Arenanet actually thinks this overblown HP pool is correctly designed for T1 players, they fundamentally misunderstand what T1 players want out of their tier.

If they don't fix that HP pool soon, many T1 players will just skip this fractal, just like many do with Silent Surf and sometimes even Sunqua Peak. Some may even quit fractals altogether, because the direction is something they do not enjoy.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Though it hasn't been as heavily noticeable in gw2 previously. Since SotO release the asset re-use has been very in-our-face and that can sour the experience. If it's done in subtle ways that aren't too noticeable, then that's totally fine.

Tbh, I think a big part of that is players made.
Talking mostly about reddit here: With the first rift trailer, there were a few people massivley overreacting about ths forged surfer model being reused for a kryptis enemy type
(which actually is totally fine, as this model was only used for forged since PoF.)

Since then with every piece of Soto shown, these few people pointed out and made up drama about every since reused texture/model they could find.

The thing is, it wasn't much different with PoF, HoT, LS1 and anything inbetween. It's just that nobody monitored every single model and screamed around that it already existed before.
And yeah, you can't really make it subtile, if there are people inspecting everything .

From my own experience: For the vast majority of reused stuff these people complained about, I haven't even noticed they were reused until I read their complains.

4 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

It really just feels like a bit of a let down when you compare it to something like Sunqua Peak which came out quite a while before EoD, bringing new visuals, new bosses (aside from air elemental)

That's actually a perfect example.
What you just described as "having new visuals and new bosses" actually is:
- The air elemental you already mentioned
- Wisps with a new texture
- A skimmer
- Lava elementals
- Fire Stalker
- Primal Spirit Jackal
And a human with a gemstore outfit.

If you look at this fractal as close as you look at Soto, you will see that there are no new models and not even new textures aside from the small wisps.
The mechanics are all new, but that's the same for Soto.

With all that said, there is still no fractal that straight up reuse content in 11 years.
The only ones are those from LS1 where some story instances turned into fractals. And at that point it totally made sense, because LS1 releases weren't permanent back then.

PS. Small disclaimer: my Post doesn't include anything about the new fractal due to lacking of time. But since the topic was the "recycled content" claim from before release, it doesn't matter anyways.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Mic.1897 said:

the new fractal boss is SEVERELY overtuned, and simply telling people to "practice their rotation" is a band-aid to a much larger problem

the boss needs a good 15% decrease in health AT LEAST on the lower tiers, and the hitbox needs to be fixed a little for the wave, because being one-shot by a wave that hits you before it actually hits you visually isnt fun

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Trying to justify that SoTo is 99% recycled and 1% new creation, just because other games reuse things from time to time. Other games dont recycle 99% of past content and sell it as a "new expansion". Also the recycled things are so vague worked on its so obvius, and the new maps are literally 2 textures copy pasted all around with the worst framerate posible.

1 year ago i was doubting buying SoTo cos the quality of Gyala Delve and thinking they were just putting all their resources on the unnanounced project, i was not wrong at the end. I bet next expansion is 99% recycled aswell (and poor quality/content).

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Trying to justify that SoTo is 99% recycled and 1% new creation

Joining a discussion with a bold lie is never a good start, you know?

It just tells everybody that you are not worth an answer. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Mic.1897 said:

Your sentiment: "I can't afford bread." – "Work more, then you can."

Many, many people (and yes, believe it or not: even experienced players) are skipping nasty Fractals because they don't see a point in spending their time hitting a bullet sponge or waiting for NPC's to finish their dialogue or all together. That's why they leave groups when there's something like Sunqua or Silent Surf in Recs or that's why they write "minus Fractal x". Each and every day. Difficulty should not be a synonym for HP.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

the new fractal boss is SEVERELY overtuned, and simply telling people to "practice their rotation" is a band-aid to a much larger problem

the boss needs a good 15% decrease in health AT LEAST on the lower tiers, and the hitbox needs to be fixed a little for the wave, because being one-shot by a wave that hits you before it actually hits you visually isnt fun

He was literally soloed in Tier 4 on the first day lmao

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Mic.1897 said:

He was literally soloed in Tier 4 on the first day lmao

What's being done in T4 by some of the best players is irrelevant to the experience of average players and the lower end of the playerbase.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

Your sentiment: "I can't afford bread." – "Work more, then you can."

Many, many people (and yes, believe it or not: even experienced players) are skipping nasty Fractals because they don't see a point in spending their time hitting a bullet sponge or waiting for NPC's to finish their dialogue or all together. That's why they leave groups when there's something like Sunqua or Silent Surf in Recs or that's why they write "minus Fractal x". Each and every day. Difficulty should not be a synonym for HP.

I mean there are people who want to zerg their daily rewards and there are people who want to enjoy the content

I really don't care about the former in this case if they can't handle a 5-10min boss lol

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

What's being done in T4 by some of the best players is irrelevant to the experience of average players and the lower end of the playerbase.

That's fine. T4 isn't supposed to be for average players

Edited by Mic.1897
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Mic.1897 said:

there are people who want to enjoy the content

And that means, people who don't enjoy sitting 10 to 15 minutes whittling down that oversized HP pool will avoid this fractal, even on tier 1.

2 minutes ago, Mic.1897 said:

That's fine. T4 isn't for average players

Yet you replied with something about T4, despite the comment you quoted being specifically about lower tiers, aka the tiers for average and below players.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And that means, people who don't enjoy sitting 10 to 15 minutes whittling down that oversized HP pool will avoid this fractal, even on tier 1.

Yet you replied with something about T4, despite the comment you quoted being specifically about lower tiers, aka the tiers for average and below players.

Tier 1 does not take 10 to 15 minutes even for my friends who are brand new to the game in core specs and celestial gear lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Mic.1897 said:

Tier 1 does not take 10 to 15 minutes even for my friends who are brand new to the game in core specs and celestial gear lol

Yet my party took about 7 minutes to get Eparch to around half health, before people left due to the Fissure Walker achievement failing.

The HP pool objectively is overtuned for T1.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

after trying this out, this fractal is the most BORING and tedious fractal i've seen, i think it's worse than silent surf and that was overtuned glorified jump puzzle

ceres/daimos fight is just recycling their raid mechancis (though more forgiving) and is probably the best part of the fractal

the eparch fight is probably the worst designed fight i have ever witnessed in gw2. you spend so much time picking up spawning orbs shot about randomly and if he gets the envy green orbs it causes a cataclysmic snowball effect, probably the single worst snowball failure effect i have seen in this game. if he gets those orbs (enough that you cant CC them off) you might as well /gg. and that's the ENTIRE FIGHT. there are no phase changes he just does the same thing for the entire time. just a dump of mass AOEs, collectathon orbs or fail, and an HP bar probably larger than a good chunk of raid bosses.

this fractal is a waste of time, and just not fun at all

• Like 6
  • Confused 1