Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

Posted (edited)

Unlimited Gathering Tools are account bound and should be therefore added to the legendary wardrobe so one can just equip them on all characters of the account like the armor, etc.y

Edited by roederich.2716
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Generic sell values added to a lot of useless currencies so they can be sold to a vendor instead of needing to be destroyed. E.g. Baubles, hatched chilli, prismaticite, boneskinner vials.

Pretty much if you can randomly get it given as a reward for an event, celebration or reward, without actually trying to get it, then let us sell it.

• Like 2

Anet, how about bringing back a meta event for a week or two that happened 3 or 4 years ago. Where people would do all the metas again, double loot in the metas, you had already brought that. So it wouldn't be anything new. Just an older event, not just fracs etc but 2 weeks of metas with double loot, so all cards would be played again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, roederich.2716 said:

Unlimited Gathering Tools are account bound and should be therefore added to the legendary wardrobe so one can just equip them on all characters of the account like the armor, etc.y

This right here 💯%

+10 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

22 hours ago, roederich.2716 said:

Uh huh? And what do you suggest people who own several sets of them already do then if this massive change was introduced?

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Uh huh? And what do you suggest people who own several sets of them already do then if this massive change was introduced?

As someone who has several sets, I'd be happy with having them available to my toons that don't carry them; my shared inventory slots are used by other things.

Allowing us to swap unlocked glyphs is what would truly make them legendary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not rely a bug, but something that can enhance the play in meta even with many chest to open.
Can you remove the possibility to put Portal (mesmer or other type) or Novelty item as Aviator box on the chest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been saying for awile no player based items should be allowed within a distance of an important event item or a chest.  "Or" allow a keybind to interact with all non player based items.  The portal and aviator box spam is annoying.  Until they allow a option to block it or add players name next to box so we know who to yell at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Mike.7983 said:

Been saying for awile no player based items should be allowed within a distance of an important event item or a chest.  "Or" allow a keybind to interact with all non player based items.  The portal and aviator box spam is annoying.  Until they allow a option to block it or add players name next to box so we know who to yell at.

Watch Anet use the implemeentation of this to make it way harder to portal people to puzzle chests.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Watch Anet use the implemeentation of this to make it way harder to portal people to puzzle chests.

Just add a buffer? no placeable objects within like 600 units of a chest or usable event object? We all can see our skill ranges in game 600 would be far enough yet able to be in range to portal safely.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I would go a little more radical than that and "cut the evil by the root" as the old saying goes.

And make certain novelties allowed only in towns and city instances.

Such as in Divinitys reach, black citadel, etc.

I've came across that aviator thing myself a few times while trying to loot a chest, or use a mesmer portal.

It's really annoying.

Only allow items outside cities that other players cannot interact with, such as chairs, potions, kites, etc.

They're one of those things, like fun boxes, costume brawl, etc, that are only really fun the first couple of times, but then it just becomes a nuisance. 

I would substitute it with good old fashion Guild Wars One Fireworks, and other novelties.

Only the player can activate it, and everybody can enjoy the victory celebration of a meta or otherwise.

• Confused 3

On 5/6/2024 at 11:05 PM, Therac.6431 said:

Your topic being downvoted by who get that old ugly skins (now compared with gem store) from raids is hilarious, the fear of Obsidian being cool is real

The old legendary armor sets might not be everyone's cup of tea, but at least they kept the body proportions so that the wearer didn't look like a deformed cartoon figure in them. 😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

12 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The old legendary armor sets might not be everyone's cup of tea, but at least they kept the body proportions so that the wearer didn't look like a deformed cartoon figure in them. 😂

Personally, I don't like any of the skins of any of the legendary armor sets, including the obsidian ones. I got them from WvW because I do care about the QoL aspects of them. So I would only be interested in obsidian armor sets if the skins would be worth it for me. They're not, so I really don't have a stake in this topic aka I don't care if the OP gets what he/she wants.

However, personally, I'd rather Anet put their resources elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

• Guild Hall NPCs: allow us to trade in decoration tokens by selecting the amount in the buy window; it's super user-unfriendly to have to click the buy window, followed by a confirmation dialogue, a million times in a row
  • Guild Slots: make them manually sortable
  • Chat Tabs: make them lockable (so that accidentally clicking "X" won't delete any tab)
  • Walls/Textures: find a way so that player characters can no longer get stuck in them by movement mechanics
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Everyone loved it when it was the only option (including me), I made a set with this ugly and weird skin that moves strangely (which was cool 10 years ago) and in addition to investing in the craft I had to go after the Seven Reapers skin, the rule of Raid sets now is to craft and buy skins from the Gems store, they are unhealthy after 7 days.

• Confused 6

A huge QoL feature for me would be the option to let Enter have a similar function as Esc to close windows.

All those dialogs where you are asked to click Buy, OK, Yes, Confirm, if players could tick a checkbox under options, I.e.

[] Enable Enter key to confirm simple dialog actions

And if you enable it, all those pop ups will show

OK [Enter], etc.

and respond to Enter being pressed, instead of having to point the mouse and click.

• Like 3

I did not read through this entire thread so if what I am adding has been said previously, I apologize before hand.

I think what is strange about GoB - which I believe isnt so terrible to acquire - is the fact that for legendary weapons and trinkets, the far greater majority of crafting materials needed come from investing a lot of time in PvE. This causes PvE focused players to enter a game mode for a rather decent period of time that they arent normally familiar with - their builds are not tailored for the content and they dont immediately understand the mechanics needed to gain points toward reward tracks, or have the ability to efficiently navigate the world space...no claw. On the other hand, PvP players can have a ton of GoB stacked up but to make any use of them, vice-versa conditions exist for them to enter PvE. By comparison, its easy to estimate that it is far more difficult for a PvP player to make use of a GoB than it is for a PvE player simply because the time investment is greater collecting the PvE materials than it is to acquire a GoB - period. There are legitimate frustrations on both ends.  The simple solution would be to add GoB to the wizards vault, but it shouldnt be a standalone item - it should be provided exclusively with the legendary starter chest but have the cost increased to the max allowable AA which is 1300 I believe, AND it should come as a choice with the other gifts. I believe this way, PvE and PvP players have access to gifts immediately that they normally wouldnt have. I think the other solution would be to make it a PvE accessible recipe for Lyhr.

This doesnt solve the entire problem though because there is still the Gift of the Mists which is composed exclusively of PvP materials. But again, the other side of the coin for PvP players is the rest of recipe is entirely PvE focused. 

So, its absolutely bad design overall, forcing both player bases to engage with content they may not find very fun at all - and maybe even more-so more frustrating than what its worth considering just the mere thought of being forced to do something you dont enjoy in order to gain account-wide QoL content features that would make the game far more accessible to you is enough to make a player feel like the game is no longer worth playing.

I do believe firmly that ANet must find a solution to this problem. ANet is very good at making grind-loops, but its highly questionable, EVEN easily debated whether any of their grind-loop systems are fun and enjoyable. Its no secret that Soto is exclusively the PvE legendary armor zone - otherwise, we dont really have a use for this out-of-the-way content. Overall, legendary equipment needs to be accessible by both player bases relative and relevant to the content they enjoy. A PvE player should be able to get GoB and GotM materials in PvE and vice-versa for PvP players - there should be reward tracks with shorter spans or something for the PvE materials or the other gifts. Why we are waiting for a solution like this is beyond me. That said, at the end of the day - you cant give into one side without giving in to the other and it would be stupidly unfair to PvP players if only PvE player benefitted from the removal of cross-over to obtain legendary materials.

No matter how you look at it - only a small group of players have no issue with this, otherwise, nobody wants to do cross-over content to get the most out of how they choose to play, and ANet shouldnt force players to do play that way just because they want players to do more than what players want to do. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

On 4/27/2024 at 10:38 AM, Therac.6431 said:

If you want gift of battle go to battle, if you want gift of exploration, do map completions, is how the game works, stop trying a baby treatment always looking for what u want doing what u want

PvP player get nothing for exploring PvP maps......

While I dont entirely buy into the idea that paying customers should always get what they want, GW2 is 100% marketed toward players becoming their character in game - "be who want to be, play how you want to play". Forced content doesnt really fit into that - in a sense you can call it false advertising in regard to obtaining legendary equipment.

I'm just filling you in that your comment is contrary to how the game is marketed.

• Confused 8

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

PvP player get nothing for exploring PvP maps......

There's no map exploration in pvp, not sure why you're making up this nonsense here.

26 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

I'm just filling you in that your comment is contrary to how the game is marketed.

No, it is not.

On 4/29/2024 at 11:13 PM, Bollocks.4078 said:

Ah right, I was confused.  I stand corrected.  Thanks for pointing that out!

No problem.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

I think what is strange about GoB - which I believe isnt so terrible to acquire - is the fact that for legendary weapons and trinkets, the far greater majority of crafting materials needed come from investing a lot of time in PvE.

Enlighten me, which sort of crafting materials are you talking about that you can't get in WvW?

• Like 6