*blinks in Lock On nerf*

Posted (edited)

Lul. Passive reveal was pretty annoying to fight against with stealth.

Game does need more viable, active reveal to bring stealth counters in line with projectiles, blocks etc. It should be baked into skills you already take like unblockable.

Classic Anet though, fixing the secondary problem first.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Uh...

Y'all sure about that one?

I'm personally fine being hard countered by a couple of builds. Maybe four secs and four secs respectively? 

I'm just going to eat the hit, count to two then leave. 

I JUST WANTED YOU TO GET COUNTERED EVERY NOW AND THEN JFC

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Uh...

I'm personally fine being hard countered by a couple of builds. Maybe four secs and four secs respectively? 

1 hour ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

After this lock on nerf, should just buff detection pulse and utility goggles

Have to say though, kudos. Not often that you see players who directly benefit from nerfs call them out as a little weird.

Even if it's more on-brand for you two, specifically.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Have to say though, kudos. Not often that you see players who directly benefit from nerfs call them out as a little weird.

Even if it's more on-brand for you two, specifically.

When I say "everyone should be able to play the game" I mean everyone. Weird balancing  is universal.

I also happen to like having a point when I go full sardonic over whining 

Ofc all this goes out the window if theres a reveal relic then it's back to scrapping as usual

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

When I say "everyone should be able to play the game" I mean everyone. Weird balancing  is universal.

Yeah, that's the dream.

39 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Ofc all this goes out the window if theres a reveal relic then it's back to scrapping as usual

With Thieves being, by far, the biggest stealth users (until Bomb Kit makes its triumphant return, any day now), idk if a reveal relic will or should ever happen. Successful meta builds hardly ever say "kitten this one class in particular" and realistically equip such a niche ability. It needs to be baked into active skills like unblockable or projectile reflect currently is.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Uh...

Are you serious? What other traits completely shut down specs in this game with a 💯 passive play. How obnoxious that it’s lasted this long AND could trigger TWICE every burst. I think they could nerf it even further TBH. Why leave 4 seconds on the CC reveal, they should have made it 3 seconds.

Edited by JosephKatz.9375
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JosephKatz.9375 said:

Are you serious? What other traits completely shut down specs in this game with a 💯 passive play. How obnoxious that it’s lasted this long AND could trigger TWICE every burst. I think they could nerf it even further TBH. Why leave 4 seconds on the CC reveal, they should have made it 3 seconds.

four seconds is the default reveal for pvp, would be fine for parity. You get tagged by lock on, just treat it like you accidentally revealed yourself. 6 is a lot but 2 is... 

Like think about the flowchart for this now. you get tagged  by an engi, invisible analysis triggers. 25 sec cd, you have TWO SECONDS to disable the thief to get controlled analysis put on them. Any thief can buy two seconds. 

I just find the window for building around making sure the thief cant drop on your squishies or rotate free is really tight now? Like unnecessarily so, theyll just take swift kits and play something else. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

Just now, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

If we want active reveal, time to buff Sic Em'.  

You keep that wretched thing away from me

That and lock on are not the same. Sic Em preemptively strips defensives from across the map and then you can follow up with burst. Lock On you have to go fishing. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

You keep that wretched thing away from me

That and lock on are not the same. Sic Em preemptively strips defensives from across the map and then you can follow up with burst. Lock On you have to go fishing. 

Right, which is why 'passive' and 'active' never really made any sense to me.  As Lock On is 'passive' but you actually have to try and find something to hit to use it--while Sic' Em is 'active' but you can passively spam it at a thief 3 kilometers away and reveal them.

Still think Sic' Em should get buffed though, 1s daze or something added to it to proc Midnight King to help with Ranger burst setups....

mwahahahaa

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2024 at 10:51 AM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Uh...

Yeah, you deserve a confused face for this one, this trait has been in need of nerfing for about 5 years or more now. We can only hope they do more.

• Confused 8