So when are lucent mote prices gonna drop?

There is another way other than buying them: let them accumulate over time, and gradually work towards the relic. Refine them into lucent crystal every time your material storage gets full, then when you have 750, make a mystic facet. It'll take time, but there's no rush because it's a minor QoL upgrade.

Once you have your legendary relic, you can start benefitting from the high price as bonus income just from salvaging. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Manpag.6421 said:

There is another way other than buying them: let them accumulate over time, and gradually work towards the relic. Refine them into lucent crystal every time your material storage gets full, then when you have 750, make a mystic facet. It'll take time, but there's no rush because it's a minor QoL upgrade.

Once you have your legendary relic, you can start benefitting from the high price as bonus income just from salvaging. 

That's what I've been doing. It will be a long time before I have enough but I'm not in a rush.

I expected the price to drop more quickly than it has, but I don't mind waiting to craft it.

• Like 2

Even if the prices drop to their original price, you'd be saving around 20g on it. Worry more about the 550g worth of other resources. Now's a good time to buy mystic coins since their price dropped by 15% due to season refresh.

• Confused 2

Either wait ... or slooooooooowly work on it. (Though with how expensive even normal runes and relics get nowadays ... I guess I'd slowly work on it now. That way it feels less expensive. While going for other stuff spent a bit of money in between every now and then on the mats needed for the relic.)

For new players I am not sure if it is a good (being able to sell stuff at higher price - even the ectos are a lot higher nowadays) or a bad (runes and relics expensive) thing. At least as long as they don't want to get into pro elitist groups a lot will be possible without that though and the expansion relics have their own vendor. But the core stuff got expensive. (Though for runes the mote prices dropped a bit again after they heavily increased when people rushed to do the "1 rune get the relic for free".)

34 minutes ago, Player.2475 said:

Even if the prices drop to their original price, you'd be saving around 20g on it. Worry more about the 550g worth of other resources. Now's a good time to buy mystic coins since their price dropped by 15% due to season refresh.

The 61 mystic coins required cost 118g 93s 78c and if you'd bought them a week ago (at the highest price they've been since March) it would have cost 130g 54s, so currently you're only saving about 12g. It's possible the price will drop a bit further, but so far we're not seeing the fluctuations in line with WV refreshes a lot of people predicted.

The price jumped up in August when the WV was announced, then dropped just as rapidly to the original level after it was released, then resumed the previous trend of rising steadily (March - August 2023 was the lowest the price had been since about 2016) until 25th January when the price dropped (oddly enough the day legendary relics were announced) and have been relatively steady since then. Of course prices always fluctuate but we're not seeing predictable, signicant drops and rises in line with WV seasons.

7 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The 61 mystic coins required cost 118g 93s 78c and if you'd bought them a week ago (at the highest price they've been since March) it would have cost 130g 54s, so currently you're only saving about 12g. It's possible the price will drop a bit further, but so far we're not seeing the fluctuations in line with WV refreshes a lot of people predicted.

The price jumped up in August when the WV was announced, then dropped just as rapidly to the original level after it was released, then resumed the previous trend of rising steadily (March - August 2023 was the lowest the price had been since about 2016) until 25th January when the price dropped (oddly enough the day legendary relics were announced) and have been relatively steady since then. Of course prices always fluctuate but we're not seeing predictable, signicant drops and rises in line with WV seasons.

There were 2.15g+ when I wanted to buy them last week, so I'm happy to be able to buy 500 for 1.9g each instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Player.2475 said:

There were 2.15g+ when I wanted to buy them last week, so I'm happy to be able to buy 500 for 1.9g each instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not saying it isn't cheaper, just that if you think 20g isn't worth worrying about I doubt you'd worry about saving 12g either.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm not saying it isn't cheaper, just that if you think 20g isn't worth worrying about I doubt you'd worry about saving 12g either.

I was suggesting a way to save 12g now as opposed to potentially saving 20g on a 600g craft if said user either built a time machine or waited for years for the market to maybe return to its previous state.
Edit: Ah, nevermind. It's about the Legendary Relic, not runes. Well, sorry to hear about that OP, Hindsight is 20/20, but I doubt that the prices will drop anytime soon given how overpriced Relics are. Doesn't help that they're soulbound.

Edited by Player.2475
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Manpag.6421 said:

This is by design, I believe.  Anet wants players actually playing the game and not just immediately gaining things with little to no effort. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1