Next up for nerfs

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Most builds have some sort of block they can channel, while they wait out the stabi on 3, and then quickly follow it up with a CC to completly screw the reaper

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/"Nothing_Can_Save_You!"

Well your strategy is now gone. Also the Necro's stability is instant cast as far as I know, and they don't have to use it immediately in Shroud, letting them outplay any of your attempts to wait then CC.

On kiting, hopefully your class has a ranged, non-projectile slow because otherwise it gets eaten 100% of the time by Death's Charge. And if you're casting a melee slow when they're already in Reaper Shroud, well, good luck haha.

And the second one is that they have no Full damagemitigation. Unlike pretty much every other profession, they have no acces to blocks or invulns, which makes them VERY susceptible to being focused.  Which is why you pretty much always wanna focus the necro in a teamfight.

Yeah no damage mitigation except for 2x health bars, uber-protection (50%+ damage reduction), and 2x teleports usually. Teleports are better at preventing focus than blocks and invulns. Which is why you want to focus the Engineer, usually stealthless, invulnless, teleportless, melee, and <1/2 Reaper health.

What you are saying is true, just as much as what i am saying!  Noone said its easy to pull off. ^^

Made me chuckle.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Frequency.6407 said:

I'm just thankful necros don't have any mitigation outside two dodges (harbs don't count). If they're not dodging, then they're eating everything you throw at them.

Isn't it called shroud? (like a whole extra health bar?)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Cant tell you how many times I pop that and go in for a freeze and I get hit with some random aoe Blind someone kitten out from one of their dps abilities that wasn't even aimed at me.

Reapers countered by just pressuring them out of the fight at the start of a match. Win the team fight. Get that lead. They need lifeforce for shroud and 9/10 they don't take Wurm (even if they do, it needs prep time and has a long cd when used). They have a very tiny smidget of stability and at most you'll see maybe 2 stun breaks. Shroud is paper thin when focused.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, MilkyTea.9042 said:

Cant tell you how many times I pop that and go in for a freeze and I get hit with some random aoe Blind someone kitten out from one of their dps abilities that wasn't even aimed at me.

Everyone gets rando blinded, that's not a specific counter to Necro. Necro is actually great at dealing with condis.

Reapers countered by just pressuring them out of the fight at the start of a match. Win the team fight. Get that lead.

Everyone gets countered by whole-team pressure, that's not a specific counter to Necro. Reaper with uber-protection, shroud, on-demand instant cast multi-stability + AoE Fear + Stuns, gigantic mobile projectile hate and 2x teleports is not even close to being the weakest in Xv1s. This decade-old belief about Necro needs to die.

They have a very tiny smidget of stability and at most you'll see maybe 2 stun breaks. Shroud is paper thin when focused.

Reaper comes with default 3-stack instant cast stability turned AoE fear. That's often paired with Chilled to the Bone stability. Pretty good if you ask me.

Reaper with 2 teleports and the unblockable shout is/was the default top build for Necro on metabattle: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Balanced_Condi_Reaper

If Shroud with built-in protection is paper thin when focused, what about classes/builds without Shroud or protection?

Am I crazy or are people insanely spoiled/unaware of how good their class has things?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Everyone gets rando blinded, that's not a specific counter to Necro. Necro is actually great at dealing with condis.

Everyone gets countered by whole-team pressure, that's not a specific counter to Necro. Reaper with uber-protection, shroud, on-demand instant cast multi-stability + AoE Fear + Stuns, gigantic mobile projectile hate and 2x teleports is not even close to being the weakest in Xv1s. This decade-old belief about Necro needs to die.

Reaper comes with default 3-stack instant cast stability turned AoE fear. That's often paired with Chilled to the Bone stability. Pretty good if you ask me.

Reaper with 2 teleports and the unblockable shout is/was the default top build for Necro on metabattle: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Balanced_Condi_Reaper

If Shroud with built-in protection is paper thin when focused, what about classes/builds without Shroud or protection?

Am I crazy or are people insanely spoiled/unaware of how good their class has things?

I'm not going to go through every single profession for you since I don't have the energy, but a lot of complaints seem to be coming from people having a hard time reaching or staying in g3/p1 and don't understand matchups, cooldowns, or basic rotations.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, MilkyTea.9042 said:

I'm not going to go through every single profession for you since I don't have the energy, but a lot of complaints seem to be coming from people having a hard time reaching or staying in g3/p1 and don't understand matchups, cooldowns, or basic rotations.

I got top 20 playing sword LR cata does that make my complaints valid?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Reapers countered by just pressuring them out of the fight at the start of a match. Win the team fight. Get that lead. They need lifeforce for shroud and 9/10 they don't take Wurm (even if they do, it needs prep time and has a long cd when used). They have a very tiny smidget of stability and at most you'll see maybe 2 stun breaks. Shroud is paper thin when focused.

Primary on necro just means the mirage/vindi/wb/scrapper etc can free cast, its not like decent necros just push forward or isolate themselves to be easily pressured. Its also mostly solo Q, that kind of coordination to gank a necro fast, while avoiding ganks from the other players, isnt there for the most part.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Primary on necro just means the mirage/vindi/wb/scrapper etc can free cast, its not like decent necros just push forward or isolate themselves to be easily pressured. Its also mostly solo Q, that kind of coordination to gank a necro fast, while avoiding ganks from the other players, isnt there for the most part.

Yeah any smart WB is going to jump on the reaper in my experience, regardless of positioning.

15 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Congrats. Necro counters Ele, not sure why you're complaining about them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

u mean like holos being entirely immune to conditions?

Lemme know when you see a post from a static discharge Holo player asserting they're weak to conditions.

6 minutes ago, MilkyTea.9042 said:

I'm all for checking inexperienced players opinions on here. You have to be able to backup what you claim. If I can come in here, easily refute what you're saying, and your response is a cop out like this...well you just look wrong.

Actual expertise and understanding is shown by conveying complex points simply. Not by calling others low-rated and dismissing arguments.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Actual expertise and understanding is shown by conveying complex points simply. Not by calling others low-rated and dismissing arguments.

Yes because I want to spend my time going through each profession, listing all their defensives, mobility options, and counter-plays against necro.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Lemme know when you see a post from a static discharge Holo player asserting they're weak to conditions.

There's plenty of posts about how it's not actually very good, and about how it dies easily, when it's not anywhere close to weak against strike damage relative to how immune it is to conditions.

Fits perfectly with engi players being unaware of how good they have it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, MilkyTea.9042 said:

Yes because I want to spend my time going through each profession, listing all their defensives, mobility options, and counter-plays against necro.

You're missing the point. If you're an expert you should be able to provide simple counter points. Like saying why 2x teleports are somehow not better at disengaging than 2x blocks, or why perma-prot 2nd health bar class is actually a better focus target than the 13k HP Elementalist.

14 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

There's plenty of posts about how it's not actually very good, and about how it dies easily, when it's not anywhere close to weak against strike damage relative to how immune it is to conditions.

Fits perfectly with engi players being unaware of how good they have it.

Are you already pivoting from "holos claiming they're weak to conditions"?

Here are the top posts from about the last month:

https://imgur.com/a/UmxhX0h

Please point to the "plenty of posts" from Holos claiming "it's not actually very good and it dies easily". It should be easy, because there are plenty.

OR are you just upset?

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, MilkyTea.9042 said:

Yeah any smart WB is going to jump on the reaper in my experience, regardless of positioning.

Congrats. Necro counters Ele, not sure why you're complaining about them.

I am complaining about necro. Is there a reason i cant also think the class i play is OP?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The fact this thread is up immediately after some of the more problematic professions in g3+ got nerfed is hilarious to me (holo was overnerfed though imo). How about we just buff the specs that aren't doing so hot to promote more viable builds and cut the crap with always trying to nerf professions that counter whatever spec someone plays?

https://imgur.com/a/b2gt2nO

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, MilkyTea.9042 said:

The fact this thread is up immediately after some of the more problematic professions in g3+ got nerfed is hilarious to me (holo was overnerfed though imo). How about we just buff the specs that aren't doing so hot to promote more viable builds and cut the crap with always trying to nerf professions that counter whatever spec someone plays?

https://imgur.com/a/b2gt2nO

nothing needs buffs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Top 20? You sure? How in the world you still make posts about every class you have trouble dealing with. No idea how you got up to that rating if you don't understand others their classes/specs and feel the need to make that many class nerf posts.

Around that rating I have only seen someone having trouble with 1 or 2 specific spec builds, but apart of that not. So howww do you have that still???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Voodoo.3201 said:

Lets stop nerfing and buff/rework stuff that are outdated since start of the game wether its weapons/traits you name it. 

<= This 👍. Iets hope next patch more that direction as they "promised"

16 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

What do people think about power mirage? I really don't know if its just l2p issues on my part, but no matter what, if a mirage jumps me, its the only spec where im runing for los cover.

Usually just two tap it with a Gunflame burst. Never really had issues with Mirage player but can absolutely see where people would struggle.

It hits really hard but personally think you can negate most of it if you have a "Strike first and strike hard" policy. As long as the clones arent running about causing confusion and the 10+ second "You cant touch me" isnt active they are light armoured targets that go down quick.

Addition of shield to any Mesmer build via weapon master made the profession pretty disgusting to fight at times though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

They immediately swap back to pistol or staff or they los and kite your burst.

You realize that you got what you wanted by this?

They left shroud.    Thats all you are trying to force.

• Like 2