6. Thumper Turret
  7. Utility Goggles
  8. A.E.D
  9. Healing Turret

Holosmith:

1. Hard Light Arena

Scrapper:

1. Sneak Gyro

You buffed the single most viable skill on the list. Congrats!

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Bomb kit is a joke: I have rarely seen it used in WvW. I use it in a limited fashion to blast fury for taking down champs and thats it. Bomb kit is slow, it looks stupid and it leaves you open to attack. It needs to be replaced with something more useful. 

• Like 1

Wow, so far, not a single post from a PvP player trying to justyfing how useful are those skills in they current state in pvp and how they used  like 3 times in unranked for winning.

But yeah, it's a long road ahead. I'm particularly sad that thumper turren haven't gotten a single cd reduction in PvE. That turret by its own can solve the  mayor complaint of quickness scrapper, since it's 3 blast finisher in one single skill, and make the role more simple to use. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I use AED in my WvW gadget holo build because it lets me dive into zergs to secure kills, and also baits other roamers into over-extending. Definitely not the "best" choice for 1v1s, but then again solo roaming in WvW isn't really about 1v1s.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

Never considered Bomb Kit or Sneak Gyro underused since I use them a lot, but then again I never touch WvW or PvP.

we cant consider bomb kit underused since "you" use them alot???
Huh?? are you the majority now?

Bomb kit got 3k lower DPS than Grenade kit which is Ranged and not clunky.

Edited by Tofu.1865

Bomb Kit should be replaced with Rocket Launcher kit, a non-groundtarget 1200 range weapon kit. Something akin to longbows of other classes. Something impactful. Something useful. Something that looks and plays fun.

• Like 1

Why does this list just not say anything not grenade kit and mechanist signets? That's basically how it boils down to at this point. Some of the scrapper gyros get used but grenade kit, mortar launcher, and a couple of fillers and that's it it's pretty universal across most specs for engineer.

AED is very popular in instanced PvE.

Hard Light Arena is great for open world. If players aren't running it, it's because they'd rather have more damage than sustain, in which case buffing it won't make it more popular.

Sneak Gyro is very popular in PvP, but the ~20 seconds you get with it in open world is more than enough, I doubt extending it will make it more popular. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

i use thumper and net turrets a lot in wvw. Rocket turret is sometimes useful to stack up a bit more dps. Also all turrets get useful with experimental turrets trait.

even in pvp a double launch from thumper turret usually helps a lot in combat.

i agree bomb kit makes little sense. Placing bombs on yourself and being in the middle of the explosion when it sets off feels kinda dumb. I like the big ol' bomb though

Edited by GEGEZZ.7563

Posted (edited)

rocket boots is the auto include skill for me in pvp and wvw. I'm afraid we disagree on it. Against players mobility and positioning is of utmost importance. I think you can't imagine how much you can do with 2 boots charges in combat

Edited by GEGEZZ.7563
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

elixir R is also very useful in wvw. Getting 2 extra dodges can often make the difference between life and death, just like the rocket boots. I guess you guys charge and yolo am i wrong 😉 ?

Posted (edited)

hard light arena is super powerful with the inventions and alchemy traits. You can remove 60 conditions from allies and even turn them into boons. Haven't played with it for a while but i guess it still works. You guys should read skills more, no offense intended 😉 

anticorrosion plating + purity of purpose

protection being applied every 1 second for 12 seconds to 5 players each time. 12*5= 60 conditions turned into boons on allies.

I wouldn't say that's weak tbh it's the best condition remover ingame if you build it this way, just needs to use your toon accordingly. Some regular skill interactions make it strong. I played with it some years ago in wvw with good results when i was holo.

underused ? Maybe people follow meta and no meta guy thought about it idk. People should spend time reading skills.

Edited by GEGEZZ.7563
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2024 at 11:59 PM, GEGEZZ.7563 said:

hard light arena is super powerful with the inventions and alchemy traits. You can remove 60 conditions from allies and even turn them into boons. Haven't played with it for a while but i guess it still works. You guys should read skills more, no offense intended 😉 

anticorrosion plating + purity of purpose

protection being applied every 1 second for 12 seconds to 5 players each time. 12*5= 60 conditions turned into boons on allies.

I wouldn't say that's weak tbh it's the best condition remover ingame if you build it this way, just needs to use your toon accordingly. Some regular skill interactions make it strong. I played with it some years ago in wvw with good results when i was holo.

underused ? Maybe people follow meta and no meta guy thought about it idk. People should spend time reading skills.

People thought about this combo way way back already lol, why we dont use it?? cuz its hella useless on WvW already since u get permanent uptime of boons and condi cleanses in a blob.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 11:38 PM, GEGEZZ.7563 said:

rocket boots is the auto include skill for me in pvp and wvw. I'm afraid we disagree on it. Against players mobility and positioning is of utmost importance. I think you can't imagine how much you can do with 2 boots charges in combat

Even with the Gadgeteer trait + rocket boots and I could still chase Engineers while on im roaming with WB lol, There's no point on using it most of the time.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 10:55 AM, GEGEZZ.7563 said:

elixir R is also very useful in wvw. Getting 2 extra dodges can often make the difference between life and death, just like the rocket boots. I guess you guys charge and yolo am i wrong 😉 ?

Here's the issue with Elixir R. If you are in a situation where you need two dodges you don't have time to cast the skill. Remember that Engineer utility slots are very competitive and Elixir R isn't a stunbreak or a kit.

• Like 2