condi mesmer with confusion damage getting more and more out of hand recently

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

I'm curious on what all the sources of Confusion are.

Could you list them off to us @arazoth.7290?

I do know the F2 for Mesmer is the Confusion button. But what are the other sources?

Can you list off all these confusion sources we have? I just wanna know what I'm looking at.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion

Select mesmer, hf

Edited by arazoth.7290

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

No no. Entertain me for a moment.

What are the skills and traits you are picking out specifically?

Mesmer is known for confusion, it's in their Wiki Description after all.

Are you saying people use Ineptitude? How about Malicious Sorcery? Riddle of Sand?

Give us the builds you're specifically trying to tag down. You gotta give us things to work with here. (I'm hinting at something similar to what @Terrorhuz.4695 was talking to you about).

This is similar to saying nerf engineer because they have ranged attacks.

Edited by Vinny.7260
  • Thanks 2

I told you all he doesn't want to learn or grow.

Just nerf confusion stacks on Mesmer because he doesn't like it.

Don't worry about how or what, just nerf all confusion stacks on Mesmer.

If you disagree, well then you're just a Mesmer main who is defending something that is obviously broken.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Give us the builds you're specifically trying to tag down. You gotta give us things 

I said what leads to these builds for change and what to compensate so these builds still work but in a more healthy way.

For that matter, mesmer mains should know further what the problem is and arenanet hopefully too.

Think it's pretty clear what I said

Just now, Waffles.5632 said:

I told you all he doesn't want to learn or grow.

Just nerf confusion stacks on Mesmer because he doesn't like it.

Don't worry about how or what, just nerf all confusion stacks on Mesmer.

If you disagree, well then you're just a Mesmer main who is defending something that is obviously broken.

And you still keep ignoring what I said and reading over it because you don't want to see it 😂

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

mesmer mains should know further what the problem is

Yeah, I literally told you what the problem is and you accused me of being biased towards a build I straight up refuse to play

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Haha 1

Just now, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Yeah, I literally told you, and you accused me of being biased towards a build I straight up refuse to play

I am saying applying confusing stacks in a regular amount and in these high bursts that lead till 4,7k isn't healthy.

That condition shouldn't be able to shut down nv it's applied in these amounts. Confusion condition is fine and the abilties too until it reaches stupid high amount like this. 

confusion damage should slow down playstyle in cases you couldn't avoid it and by that punishing the player/pressuring him. But if a lot of these stacks can reach too fast build up that amount, it shuts down instead of slowing down/giving no counter play after.

Other skills/damage can be counterplayed more, even if hit in different ways and that's up for the player to decide how they do it. Except in the too high confusion stack amount, it can't anymore compared to others.

8 hours ago, Kyraios.8954 said:

Flip confusion the same way they flipped torment. Take x amount of damage for not using a skill in y amount of time. That way they will be rewarded for landing a good cc. Rather than taking 20k damage just for trying to activate/get to your condi cleanse. 

This is a semi-good idea.

It should be a new condition. To pair with confusion.

That was the way of the mesmer in the original game, visions of regret+wastrel worry, use a skill you get X damage, don't use a skill get Y damage.

Just imagining the amount of cries on this forum make me giggle.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

how many times do you think you should be allowed to kitten up before a mesmer can convert that into a kill?

How many times should a virt be able to attack and then hide behind blocks/invulns before you can counter pressure? I dodge a virts attack, he does not dodge my attack.. becuase block, and if I chew up his blocks to try and counter pressure he gets dmg buffs to spew out during invuln. Or should I wait out the blocks/invulns while it still has the dps to 100-0 you more than fast enough? Yet you cannot 100-0 it within the same time frame? Unblockables are not the asnwer, they are a cheap, toxic counter.

Confusion is just another uninteractive mechanic. If you have it, are low on hp, and you can't cleanse it, then you have to wait it out, which is a massive sustain buff for the mesmer, as youre not attacking. Its the same effect as hiding behind passive blocks and invuln spam, players have to outplay mesmers, mesmers just have to exist, press buttons and force counterplay. They are just like DH.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

How many times should a virt be able to attack and then hide behind blocks/invulns before you can counter pressure? I dodge a virts attack, he does not dodge my attack.. becuase block, and if I chew up his blocks to try and counter pressure he gets dmg buffs to spew out during invuln. Or should I wait out the blocks/invulns while it still has the dps to 100-0 you more than fast enough? Yet you not to it.

⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️

3 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

The unfair mechanics you can't counter are the actual problem. Talking about the endless defensive spam with shield 4 => sword 2 => shield 4 => distortion => signet of the ether => signet of illusions => blade renewal => distortion => sword2 => shield4 => dodge => shield4 => mass invis

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️

I understand this very much, to the point I mostly avoid dueling virts, like thieves/dhs/spb and untamed. It is not worth the effort and requirement of 100% flawless play just to hav >70% chance to win these mechanically foolproof specs (not so much thief, it more about its 0 risk mobility at X skill level).

Confusion is just another "you shall not attack", its a pseudo block, as it forces a cleanse reaction, meaning they take more dmg at best. That, on a class that spams blocks/invulns does not make for fun fights. Can't attack coz confusion, can't attack coz block, can't attack coz invuln, can't attack coz target drop/stealth, yet the mesmer can attack me for at-least 90% of the time, requiring active mitigation/dodging. With confusion, there are specs that have to weapon swap/bar swap to get to a cleanse, which can lock you out of dmg/cc in most cases. I would rather take a 7k crit and still have access to CC/pressure, then to be forced into cleanse and lose all pressure. Confusion is more powerful than you are making out, especially on specs that have to use more buttons, which adds up even at lower stacks. It just gives condi a bad name, despite power being so clearly casual crept.

Here is the fix for me. If you have aegis, and attack, you lose aegis. If you have invuln and attack, you lose invuln. All should be working that way.; pick defence, or pick attack.. there are way too many specs doing both with high uptime. If you do choose to commit, attack, lose invuln and die, then choose better next time. Thats what skill is suppose to be about, and the confusion would not be as bad if you could punish mesmer in other ways.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

The reading comprehension in this Thread is alarmingly low.

Deadmoose lvl all over the place, from both sides of the story. Also first place goes to Arazoth here 😂

Since i already explained, why having an overly potent skill in the kit is bad design, no matter how telegraphed the skill is and even if all other skills on the kit are not-dodgeworthy weak (what is not even the case for virtuoso), i will not do it again. Ppl will stay with their opinions no matter how many facts and logic you might add.

Despite the fact, that Virtuoso is not meta relevant strong and with that not the first on the list to complain about, Virtuoso is just bad design in all aspects, its a pve spec, like most eod specs. Next "big balance patch" is 95% pve. Why bother about pvp at this point. Sure some tournaments will come back where the inbreed community can haggle over the wins after R55/Team USA got enough of them for all basic members, based on zero braincells and skill needing pve driving balance with barely any punishment for bad rotations with all that movement power creep.  Still nothing makes me hyped at all. And forum heros do their best to make the balance even less skill intense. At least some good content in gw2 i guess. Keep going guys 🤗

Edited by Rdm.3186
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, viquing.8254 said:

Now can we buff PvP damage on :

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sword_of_Decimation

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rain_of_Swords

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thousand_Cuts

Because 25 sec CD or 60sec , pure damage skills over 5 seconds who hit on zerk to 2k/4k isn't balanced, thanks.

Whirling Light, guardian: 0.66 coefficient per hit, 4 hits, 10k damage
Rain of Swords, mesmer: 0.66 coefficient per hit, 5 hits, 5k damage

The misteries of multipliers in this game are worth studying.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2