next expansion should remove all self-sustain aside from a generic heal, add monks, and resurrection signet.

1 minute ago, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Better is debatable. Both games have excellent sides and not so excellent sides, and I love both equally.

gw1  had a far more popular and competitive pvp scene. GvGs with moral boosts were insane, Hall of Heroes and the waiting area to find teams was awesome, even 4v4 random arena was better than conquest. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

Just now, Eddie.9143 said:

gw1  had a far more popular and competitive pvp scene. GvGs with moral boosts were insane, Hall of Heroes and the waiting area to find teams was awesome, even 4v4 random arena was better than conquest. 

So its not about adding monks or anything, but about having better PVP in gw2?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Necro/ritualists are better healers then monks tho....

when I played it was all about word of healing, restore conditions, infuse health, and boon prot (which I invented)

• Haha 3
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I didn't play pvp at all, really. Still don't in GW2. It's just never been my thing. But I agree that GW1 did that better than GW2. But I'm not seeing how that ties into your OP.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

So its not about adding monks or anything, but about having better PVP in gw2?

it's about making the game far easier to balance by not having to balance the self sustain of DPS classes, and rather balance their utility, while leaving all the sustain to monks. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 12

Just now, Eddie.9143 said:

when I played it was all about word of healing, restore conditions, infuse health, and boon prot (which I invented)

and now, its all about necro/ritu's providing healing, energy management, and condi removal. combine it with a Ritu spirit protter and done, no-one can touch you before getting bursted down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

and now, its all about necro/ritu's providing healing, energy management, and condi removal. combine it with a Ritu spirit protter and done, no-one can touch you before getting bursted down.

I haven't played gw1 since prob 2008 or so. 

I just feel like gw2 is getting way too over-complicated and difficult to balance, especially with all weapons available. 

if DPS only had to have their DPS, CC, and utility balanced, rather than also balancing their self sustain (which is very complicated when dealing with healing, barrier, condi removal, and the cooldowns of all of those) the game would be far easier to balance. monks would be the source of almost all healing & condi removal. 

Edited by Eddie.9143
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I haven't played gw1 since prob 2008 or so. 

I just feel like gw2 is getting way too over-complicated and difficult to balance, especially with all weapons available. 

if DPS only had to have their DPS, CC, and utility balanced, rather than also balancing their self sustain - which is very complicated when dealing with healing, barrier, condi removal, and the cooldowns of all of those. 

I agree that the game should have had a trinity, but its a little late in the game's life to change that now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Eddie.9143 said:

there's a reason most mmos follow the tank/healer/dps big three. it works. 

Then you shouldn't have a problem finding one that suits your needs.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

too many people agree with you, that's the problem.

No, the problem is you're trying to change how this game works in order to suit your personal preferences. You have many other games that require a trinity set up. This one was never meant to be that way, and that is exactly what many GW2 players like about it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 12

No thank you OP...

I don't want traditional roles in GW2. I like all classes being able to do damage, while taking control and being able to support themselves and their allies in their own unique ways. If I wanted the holy trinity I would go back to Final Fantasy MMO... I left that awful game for Guild Wars 2's unique approach to combat and open world exploration.

I suggest you play other Final Fantasy / WoW clones if that's what you're looking for. We don't have another alternative like this game yet. If this game ever gets unplugged and we don't have a sequel, I'm done with the MMO genre for good.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Most players do not play GW2 for PvP though. In fact, most players did not play GW1 for PvP either.

it's about making the game far easier to balance by not having to balance the self sustain of DPS classes, and rather balance their utility, while leaving all the sustain to monks. 

From what i see, for PvE they generally don't bother to balance self-sustain at all, so it wouldn't change things all that much anyway. As for PvP, see above.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Easier to balance? Your suggestion basically destroys any semblance of balance that currently exists, nukes a huge number of existing traits and skills into oblivion, and then adds a whole new class that has never before existed in this game. Of course that simply won't do either because it can't just be a Core Monk, it will need eSpecs. Maybe Surgeon, EMT & Pharmacist? Faith Healer, Snake Handler and Voodoo Priest? Take it whichever way you like, I suppose. Ooh, and now let's create a whole bunch of skills for this class and its eSpecs that no other class will be allowed access to, all in the name of attaining some Internet rando's imaginary ideal of "easier to balance!"

You can propose chaos and call it balance all you like, but that doesn't make it so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1