Could we get an Aurene (gen3) spear? [Merged]

13 hours ago, Yer.8096 said:

Aditionally, for those who wants a thematic and didnt buy EoD yet, after Janthir Wilds launch, they will be motivated to buy it (yes, thematic can motivate a lot of people... Just remember that a lot of visual items are most expansive than the game itself!).

The thing is, you'll be putting most player to EoD content instead of JW. It will make sense in a "Return to Cantha" like Seasons of the Dragons, but not for the release of Janthir Wilds. I think Arenanet would want playerbase to grind JW instead of EoD at this time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phandaria.4891 said:

The thing is, you'll be putting most player to EoD content instead of JW. It will make sense in a "Return to Cantha" like Seasons of the Dragons, but not for the release of Janthir Wilds. I think Arenanet would want playerbase to grind JW instead of EoD at this time.

Well they could wait till the last season of JaWi. Then the new expansion will be announced and people will be looking forward to that. Besides, I'm not so sure it will be a significant portion of the population that will go for this. You say most players but I don't believe that for a second.

Edited by Gehenna.3625

On 6/16/2024 at 10:49 PM, phandaria.4891 said:

I see where you're coming from but I'm not sure if it will. If ANet announced "Aurene spear" today, then everyone interested would start collecting the materials for Aurene spear today, so that they're ready for when the expansion comes out.

That said, I think it would make a lot of sense as a piece of first-patch content.

Edited by Sarrs.4831
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 1:27 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well they could wait till the last season of JaWi. Then the new expansion will be announced and people will be looking forward to that. Besides, I'm not so sure it will be a significant portion of the population that will go for this. You say most players but I don't believe that for a second.

2 hours ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

I see where you're coming from but I'm not sure if it will. If ANet announced "Aurene spear" today, then everyone interested would start collecting the materials for Aurene spear today, so that they're ready for when the expansion comes out.

That said, I think it would make a lot of sense as a piece of first-patch content.

It is possible, not saying that I am correct. My thought is that, "Aurene Spear" will take away the grind from JW maps for the announced new legendary spear. Sure Kamohoali'i Kotaki already fills in the legendary slot and already shown with the price hike, but the addition of "Aurene Spear" will further bolster the situation than it currently has.

The idea is that the people grinding in JW maps will be less or it will shorten people's interest of JW maps with "Aurene Spear" around. Even if people farm EoD content now, before JW launched, the result will still be shortened interest after launch as people who already satisfied with "Aurene Spear" will not spend time farming JW.

Technically, any new additional legendary spear announced now or around JW launch, will cannibalize the interest of the original JW legendary spear. What makes most sense is to use "Aurene Spear" for in between expac content to maintain interest or hype up old expansions.

Edited by phandaria.4891
  • Like 1

Wanna just point out again that there's quite a few parts to the existing aurene weapons that could be put on something like the staff's shaft to make at least 3 different styles of spear and actually look very good. PLEASE consider adding the aurene spear at some point (outside of the Prisms and Boundless Light title obviously).

Dagger's blade for a glaive
Greatsword's blade for a lance
Sword for a basic spear with a crossguard

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Aurene Legendaries are the only reason I got into making legendaries at all and now the fashion wars is going to be all borked without Prismatic Spear. Pleas Arena Net. If not a Legendary, at least Sell us the Skin in Gem Store like that Soo Won Spear Skin. Doesn't even need the effects if you want to reserve that for the legendaries.

I am 1000% addicted to crafting gen 3 weapons and their variants. I basically live in EoD most of the time xD
They're some of my absolute favorite weapons in the game (especially Kralky <3), and each of my characters have all, or most of their weapons matching a particular variant theme. So I would love for gen 3 to expand into the remaining weapons.

However, I do agree that retroactively adding weapons to older expansions would take away focus from the current expansion cycle. So instead, if they ever decide to expand gen 3 into spear/trident/harpoon/etc, I think they should keep maybe 75% (3 components) of the collection based in the current/relevant expansion, and then have 25% (1 component) requiring EoD. This way the focus is not taken away from the current expansion, yet EoD is also incentivized for this bonus skin.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 11:59 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Speak for yourself. Besides, you can prepare for it with mats because you know what they will take, so at the moment they would confirm that something like that would happen with the final release of JaWi, you have plenty of time. All it takes is mats after all. 

No time for that? It’s literally a skin which they make a TON of skins for each expac already. In all honesty, they could add “variants” to the new legendary spear skin, which could be aurene spear skins. They don’t have to reinvent the acquisition. It just doesn’t sound like much work especially it it’s a “skin” that a lot of people want. It can be included as a Janthir wilds unlock rather than end of dragon’s unlock.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

No time for that? It’s literally a skin which they make a TON of skins for each expac already. In all honesty, they could add “variants” to the new legendary spear skin, which could be aurene spear skins. They don’t have to reinvent the acquisition. It just doesn’t sound like much work especially it it’s a “skin” that a lot of people want. It can be included as a Janthir wilds unlock rather than end of dragon’s unlock.

Honestly, yes. I agree here. I was thinking something more along the lines of how the NPC that helps craft the Gen 3 Legendaries Levidias I think he's called is Crystal Bloom and has moved across maps a lot so they could easily put him somewhere to unlock prismatic spear skin for new legendaries since they are already bringing that faction back and all. The "variants" route would be so good because we could get that, the Sunspear Spear, Dragonsblood Spear and all without needing to take away from the focus on the new expansion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stardust.3970 said:

Honestly, yes. I agree here. I was thinking something more along the lines of how the NPC that helps craft the Gen 3 Legendaries Levidias I think he's called is Crystal Bloom and has moved across maps a lot so they could easily put him somewhere to unlock prismatic spear skin for new legendaries since they are already bringing that faction back and all. The "variants" route would be so good because we could get that, the Sunspear Spear, Dragonsblood Spear and all without needing to take away from the focus on the new expansion.

Also, if they wanted to make Spear variants for many other styles, they could pool them under one new collection and give people a big collection to work towards. This way, you aren’t having to add the skins to the legacy collections.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

I think you quoted the wrong post here. This has nothing to do with the comment you quoted. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I seems to me they can just make it similar to gen3 with a color/theme change? Though I would also prefer just a aurene spear + variants. If the problem or worry is that people go back to eod, they can change the mats needed? Make it gen 3.5 if you will.

One skin will never satisfy everyone like it did with gen 3. In a way we are spoiled because of those but less now would be dissapointing. I see in the time table overview of comming content it states "spear" not "spears".

On 9/9/2024 at 12:36 AM, GeraldBC.4927 said:

Oh god implementing an aurene spear would be a huge undertaking. Remember that aurene weapons don't just come with one legendary skin, but 7. 

Can't imagine it would be that difficult to  modify the staff a bit, but who knows. I'm ofc no developer and don't know if it's a bigger undertaking than what I imagine

But the effects are already done, since it's the same for all the aurene + variants. So I guess it's really just the shape of the object that needs to be different. And shaping the effects (fire, ice, water etc) to fit the new model

Edited by jokke.6239

I'm doing the entire set of prismatic weapons to go with my fashion wars but I'm really enjoying spear and not having that skin really throws off the whole look. I really hope they can work it out and add it. For the mean time, been using Zenith Impaler but no fun Prismatic effect . 😞