What the Platin Players play?

Hello together, 

I‘m playing a lot of PVP these days, mostly chilling in Gold 2-3, but also went up to Platin some times. Best results i did with my Necro but i like the playstyle of the Ele and tried to hold in Platin with him (Tried all Builds from Support Tempest, Conditempest, Dagger and Hammer Cata) but did not so well like with my Condi-Reaper. So before i now make another new class i wanted to ask what classes/builds the most Platin Players play. Is the Ele still good for Platin? Thanks for your help!!

• Like 1

Typically meta battle is pretty up on the builds used by plat folks for ranked matches.  Note that what people will use for a team tournament vs. ranked will vary somewhat because the situation is different.  Often times people lean towards damage dealing spike builds in ranked where you have no idea who your teammates are, because running something like a support is tricky if you end up with a team that has no idea how to play around it.
https://metabattle.com/wiki/PvP_Builds

• Like 1

They play duo.

One is the gainer, trying to gain rating.

The other is the rating manager, they play on an account they have managed to get to such a low rating, it will affect the matchmaker, based on how the mm works. (it averages everyone).

The top of the top know that accepting queue matters where you land in teams, that is why you get so many misqueues when trying to get a match, and when they cant get that you get a dookie doo match.

As you go up, you run into 6-7 of them in a match, just chilling, letting you know to mock you. 

They are in discord, and nothing has ever been done.

Make friends with them if you can, and your build won't matter.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Quake.1028 said:

Is the Ele still good for Platin?

You need to be mechanically on point to pull it off.  And know your matchups.

However... There are a dozen builds that are easier to play and thus more consistent. 

I am a longtime ele player... and when i want to climb...  i play thief.....  so... yeah....  

I would wait for the next patch.  Ele dagger is seeing significant buffs.   

D/D Catalyst will be pretty wild!   but for now, you are better of playing something else if you really care for ranking.

1 minute ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Avatar.3568 the build goku is playing is like a mix between Condi/Power/Support. Cause its litterly played on Defence/Strength/Tactics ^~^

Andddddddddd whenever I said this a month ago about some hybrid, I got weird looks by claiming that by seeing it.

But now some well known one is seen playing, people get flock behaviour by doing it too, okiiiii. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Platinum players are playing the matchmaker and playing with friends. You're looking at builds used by, for instance, only 57 players in NA (at this moment) if your cutoff is going to be who is platinum ranked. A lot of players have rating enough to be plat but not enough matches to appear on the leaderboard let alone for it to be a meaningful statistic. You could also look at which classes people played in the latest monthly automated tournament, though the builds are much more focused on synergizing with the rest of the team. Overall, I'd say not to really use platinum as a cutoff, it's too small a population and you're comparing how they fare against one another more so than how a certain build fares against another build.

That said, these folks typically will have a presence in metabattle so at least the meta builds are reasonably up to date in comparison to the other tabs (that are sometimes outdated/ignored). But keep in mind you will never perform as well as someone who is in sync with another teammate using a build that specifically synergizes with their intended strat during the match, so don't be disappointed if copying a build from player #10 doesn't put you even in rank #100 even after you learn to execute it reasonably well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

They play duo.

One is the gainer, trying to gain rating.

The other is the rating manager, they play on an account they have managed to get to such a low rating, it will affect the matchmaker, based on how the mm works. (it averages everyone).

The top of the top know that accepting queue matters where you land in teams, that is why you get so many misqueues when trying to get a match, and when they cant get that you get a dookie doo match.

As you go up, you run into 6-7 of them in a match, just chilling, letting you know to mock you. 

They are in discord, and nothing has ever been done.

Make friends with them if you can, and your build won't matter.

It would suck to be you.

Imagine justifying your own skill gap by saying such bs. Just because your not capable to climb to plat, it doesnt mean others achieve that just by cheating. 

But yeah keep playing this weak card if that makes you feel better about just sucking at a 12 year old video game with a dead and non competetive pvp mode.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)

Learn w/e is the best sidenoder i would say play rng as it can side node has stealth and has good bursts so can be usefull in other ways.

2nd i would play w/e is the best dps roamer that would be DE. But to be plat and hold it on plt u need to improve player skill. If u looking for a solid class to get better player skill with play necro its a very safe class, its easy to understand and is very useful in any fight it takes. It can 1v1 allot of builds its great in matching the 5v5 on map to win the conquest. I would say stick with necro for raiting play ele for fun and learn DE or rng in unranked.

Edited by Goldilock.2584
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

It would suck to be you.

Imagine justifying your own skill gap by saying such bs. Just because your (you're) not capable to climb to plat, it doesn(')t mean others achieve that just by cheating. 

But yeah(,) keep playing this weak card if that makes you feel better about just sucking at a 12 year old video game with a dead and non competetive (competitive) pvp mode.

My skill gap?

LMAO.

I can't trust your assessment if you can't even be bothered to use the free autocorrect.

By the way, I have titles from reaching LB spots, but maybe they are giving it away to gold level now.

So, I guess that means nothing.

(I showed you the basic corrections.....🤓)

Edited by Last Crab.6054
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

It would suck to be you.

Imagine justifying your own skill gap by saying such bs. Just because your not capable to climb to plat, it doesnt mean others achieve that just by cheating. 

But yeah keep playing this weak card if that makes you feel better about just sucking at a 12 year old video game with a dead and non competetive pvp mode.

Whose alt is this

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

(I showed you the basic corrections.....🤓)

hell nah, the grammar police caught me. couldnt care less about my not native language having slight mistakes.

If you would put that effort into reducing your skill gap, you'd be a multiple rank 1 gamer!

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Lighter.5631 said:

i'm currently top 19 NA, i soloq only and i play condi berserker, my favorite build at the moment

Example here like I said, playing what you like is very important and if you master it, you will do good

19 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

It's my Gw2 goal to get to plat on core rev. After that, I'm going to play nothing but the most toxic builds possible, and kill sPVP until it is ded, full ded, not even gaurd ranged res.

So many have had the same desire before you. Half-trotting through their fantasy of finding and deploying a toxic build they think can't be beaten. Only to encounter the true top tier: Professional. That isn't to say there is money to be made in this game, but the Pro tier players don't subscribe to a meta or toxic builds. They are the trend setters. To think you can use a toxic build to beat one of us is comical. Who do you think created those very toxic builds? Face it, practically every meta build and counter meta build is created by a Pro tier player or top 1%. Their choices then trickle down to the rest of the community. Pro tier builds deployed in Gold 2, and that Gold 2 player thinks their success can be replicated at the higher levels. But you're essentially fantasizing about using someone's own creation to defeat them and that will not work.

Any veteran has observed multiple expansion metas come and go. As one strategy becomes meta and more popular, so does its counter. Thus, the intelligent PVP practitioner co-develops a counter strategy as they shape their customized strategies. You will quickly find that the battlefield for the top 1% isn't actually in the game, its in your head. How intelligent you actually are to string together successive traits and attributes to adapt your deployed build to the ever changing meta/countermeta at the top tier. Remember, at the very top is where these builds come from and new builds are constantly created to adapt in that tier. Every meta build created spawns a counter meta strategy, which the subsequent creation of a counter meta build typically follows with some delay. Once that counter build is meta, the process repeats. 

In summary: you are fantasizing that your use of a toxic build will even carry you far let alone kill PVP. You cannot defeat a Pro tier player unless you are one, and even amongst the Pro tier are individuals that exceed their counterparts.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, rui falo.1097 said:

So many have had the same desire before you. Half-trotting through their fantasy of finding and deploying a toxic build they think can't be beaten. Only to encounter the true top tier: Professional. That isn't to say there is money to be made in this game, but the Pro tier players don't subscribe to a meta or toxic builds. They are the trend setters. To think you can use a toxic build to beat one of us is comical. Who do you think created those very toxic builds? Face it, practically every meta build and counter meta build is created by a Pro tier player or top 1%. Their choices then trickle down to the rest of the community. Pro tier builds deployed in Gold 2, and that Gold 2 player thinks their success can be replicated at the higher levels. But you're essentially fantasizing about using someone's own creation to defeat them and that will not work.

Any veteran has observed multiple expansion metas come and go. As one strategy becomes meta and more popular, so does its counter. Thus, the intelligent PVP practitioner co-develops a counter strategy as they shape their customized strategies. You will quickly find that the battlefield for the top 1% isn't actually in the game, its in your head. How intelligent you actually are to string together successive traits and attributes to adapt your deployed build to the ever changing meta/countermeta at the top tier. Remember, at the very top is where these builds come from and new builds are constantly created to adapt in that tier. Every meta build created spawns a counter meta strategy, which the subsequent creation of a counter meta build typically follows with some delay. Once that counter build is meta, the process repeats. 

In summary: you are fantasizing that your use of a toxic build will even carry you far let alone kill PVP. You cannot defeat a Pro tier player unless you are one, and even amongst the Pro tier are individuals that exceed their counterparts.

Gotte be honest I can't even be arsed to read that, but I bet its all true.

• Haha 1