New Hairstyles

On 8/20/2024 at 11:53 PM, videoboy.4162 said:

Do new hairstyles and other character options not bring in much money? It seems we didn't get any new ones this expac either. 😞 

I dunno, I would think it would.  But then why not sell wigs instead that count as the head slot?

• Like 4

A cool thing to have would be a contest in which people could submit their own hairstyle, face, feature ideas. Would be a wonderful way to get people invested and also encourage some creative exploration by the community that could double as part of advertising or promotions/events. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Streamstrider.2079 said:

A cool thing to have would be a contest in which people could submit their own hairstyle, face, feature ideas. Would be a wonderful way to get people invested and also encourage some creative exploration by the community that could double as part of advertising or promotions/events. 🙂

I have a feeling the engine can't handle it.  And if they do add new hairstyles, people would be upset they still used 2000's helmet heads with no physics.

So let's hope maybe they are using DirectX to add some physics to things?

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agree! I'd like;

New hairstyles! Tribal ones yes! 

New Horns (antler-inspired would be awsome, with & without decoration)

New fur patterns (has NEVER been added)! Okapi, oryx, Dalmatian, Cow insprstipn...Our mount have smazing patterns, but not us 😞

New faces. Smoother faces among male charr plz. Non buggy faces (one of the last lovley looking female charr faces is bugged. The upper left lip is broken. Gets pulled down our of shape when she opens her mouth.) Thats why I dont use it :(

A gentle texture fix to ears and fur on charr would be amazing! I'd buy so many total makeover kits!! 

Edited by Frostfang.5109
  • Like 2

On 8/25/2024 at 6:27 AM, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

I have a feeling the engine can't handle it.  And if they do add new hairstyles, people would be upset they still used 2000's helmet heads with no physics.

So let's hope maybe they are using DirectX to add some physics to things?

Then make it a competition , ike the design a weapon competition that ran a bunch of years ago! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

...unless they are sloppily designed like the EoD ones, which I could have done without. Not a fan of cross-eyed faces and hair that looks like the character was hit by a lightning strike.

Well, yes, many of the EoD styles could should have been done much better. I do like one or two, though. And certainly I hope, if we get new hair styles (and faces and other stuff), they have high enough resolution and working sliders.

• Like 4

I'm happy with the choice of female Charr faces, but males could get some more non-scary ones.
Rytlock has almost classic fangs but they're hidden (with a bit clipping though). So something like that. They should still look like Charr and not like a tamed cat breed.

And Norn look like 2-3 default faces that get variants to it. And Norn hairstyles have many bad choices. Norn tattoos could feature tattoos of their beloved spirits.

• Like 3

Regarding Charr!

What about 3 dyes for fur colour for charr! 1 main base colour, 2:nd for chest colour and/or other minor areas. And a 3:rd for the pattern. 

One good example of how it could be done is how its done in the Sppotted Plower Caprine Warclaw skin. An  extra bonus to this would be to be ablo to choose the colour of u'r horns as well.  This would truly chance charr character creation for the better at least IMO.