This new system is absolutely trash....fights are one sided

3 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

There should be a lot of tags all over a map all day. People shouldn't tag up in WvW if they don't want to take second and explain to players what they're up to or to get out of their circles. If they don't want to teach, don't be a commander. If they don't want people following, downsize to group size. 

Until we get legit open world, Anet needs to quit letting guild and squads feel like WvW maps are their private maps. 

Coming at this more from the point of a tag that if I run visible I am looking to give direction and pick up players. When I am not looking to pickup people and just run a havoc around I will run invis so that others can pickup players. I have been know to ask my group to join another to allow for better coordination if there are other visible tags on map that are open tags on the same map.

More to the point that having an option to run invis (private) tag allows a group to still service their group while not hindering another group that is looking to pickup people. So in that sense removing invis tags wouldn't help but would add more confusion or just leave a group disadvantaged. Again back to the prior point I wouldn't want to reverse that old change that finally got us private tag options since they were needed, as we have seen during the WR release.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Telling others how to play open world is just weird. The expectation a tag is there to cater to you and play how you want them to play...really? I am not a fan of the current restructure that has only encouraged and facilitated the ease to map q blob in the perspective of a small team player, but if it's what others like to do. Then who am I to say otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Coming at this more from the point of a tag that if I run visible I am looking to give direction and pick up players. When I am not looking to pickup people and just run a havoc around I will run invis so that others can pickup players. I have been know to ask my group to join another to allow for better coordination if there are other visible tags on map that are open tags on the same map.

More to the point that having an option to run invis (private) tag allows a group to still service their group while not hindering another group that is looking to pickup people. So in that sense removing invis tags wouldn't help but would add more confusion or just leave a group disadvantaged. Again back to the prior point I wouldn't want to reverse that old change that finally got us private tag options since they were needed, as we have seen during the WR release.

I don't need invisible tags explained. I know why people use them. Again, until we get legit open world and not limited slot maps, it's just a sad dynamic. It wasn't a total kitten show before because we all knew our servers. So many people don't know what's going on now and aren't likely to any time soon because there's no server culture roll over, just seemingly empty maps even when there's a queue or lopsided sides depending on which blob tag is logged on or not.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm trashing you for running hidden tags. I'm trashing the dynamic that has teammates hiding from each other. If you want to fly under the radar, why not just simmer down to group size? Isn't taking on havoc size already pulling people and effort from the bigger tag or is it about hiding from that group so they don't light you up when asking for map space? That other squad doesn't need as many people as they think they do, you don't need to do them any solid like that. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

So many people don't know what's going on now and aren't likely to any time soon because there's no server culture roll over just seemingly empty maps even when there's a queue. 

I believe this here you have answered your own reason of frustration caused by the restructure and not how people as tags or guilds are playing. I myself have seen it where the non com pug tags I knew on the regular are gone probably as they too have no idea of who will follow them at what time slot.

These non com public tags while in the past have built a following where they know at certain timeslot they can run and have people following. Now it is all up in the air and is it worth the effort to rebuild what took maybe years in a 4-week period. And then start again in the next 4-week cycle. I am yet to see anyone openly non com pug tagging on the regular on 3 accounts on different tiers NA.

I miss these guys they filled in a lot of wvw content when I didn't feel like being on discord and just chilling.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

There should be a lot of tags all over a map all day. People shouldn't tag up in WvW if they don't want to take second and explain to players what they're up to or to get out of their circles. If they don't want to teach, don't be a commander. If they don't want people following, downsize to group size. 

Umm, no?

If you want to teach that's fine, all the more power to you. But players aren't entitled to another person teaching them how to play. Being tag dependent is a problem in and of itself. We already have enough players that are incapable of playing the game without a tag. I understand if people need tags for guidance but it should be an aid, not a crutch.

Even barring invisible tags, the role of a commander isn't to teach; it's to lead.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Safty.7326 said:

I believe this here you have answered your own reason of frustration caused by the restructure and not how people as tags or guilds are playing. I myself have seen it where the non com pug tags I knew on the regular are gone probably as they too have no idea of who will follow them at what time slot.

These non com public tags while in the past have built a following where they know at certain timeslot they can run and have people following. Now it is all up in the air and is it worth the effort to rebuild what took maybe years in a 4-week period. And then start again in the next 4-week cycle. I am yet to see anyone openly non com pug tagging on the regular on 3 accounts on different tiers NA.

I miss these guys they filled in a lot of wvw content when I didn't feel like being on discord and just chilling.

No. Problems are compounded. They're all playing the same way. 

16 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Umm, no?

If you want to teach that's fine, all the more power to you. But players aren't entitled to another person teaching them how to play. Being tag dependent is a problem in and of itself. We already have enough players that are incapable of playing the game without a tag. I understand if people need tags for guidance but it should be an aid, not a crutch.

Even barring invisible tags, the role of a commander isn't to teach; it's to lead.

I don't tag and I don't join tags so save it. I'm saying if people want to tag up, they should expect people to hang around and they can take some time to show them what's up if they want to pull a force around, or drop the tag and run a group, or don't complain. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Ah, a backseat commander.

Lead by example, the rest is empty words with no power.

Why are you so salty about this? I'm not telling people how to run their squad. I'm saying if they don't like being around people or dealing with people, don't play with people or find a smaller scale game mode. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

Why are you so salty about this? I'm not telling people how to run their squad. I'm saying if they don't like being around people or dealing with people, don't play with people or find a smaller scale game mode. 

I'm not salty; I just think your arguments are fundamentally out of touch with what you're addressing because you are not aware of how commanding works.

Like the message would simply bounce off most commanders, especially those that may run hidden.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I'm not salty; I just think your arguments are fundamentally out of touch with what you're addressing because you are not aware of how commanding works.

Like the message would simply bounce off most commanders, especially those that may run hidden.

What message are you talking about? I'm saying commanders should expect to play with a lot of people and shouldn't expect other people to scramble from maps for them. Is there some super secret handbook that explains otherwise? I've seen commanders quickly explain what they're about plenty of times if that's what you're on about, what do you mean how commanding works

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

What message are you talking about? I'm saying commanders should expect to play with a lot of people and shouldn't expect other people to scramble from maps for them. Is there some super secret handbook that explains otherwise? I've seen commanders quickly explain what they're about plenty of times if that's what you're on about, what do you mean how commanding works

Referring explicitly to

3 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

People shouldn't tag up in WvW if they don't want to take second and explain to players what they're up to or to get out of their circles. If they don't want to teach, don't be a commander. If they don't want people following, downsize to group size. 

That did not give off the impression that you merely wanted them to "quickly explain what they're about ".

40 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

No. Problems are compounded. They're all playing the same way. 

I don't tag and I don't join tags so save it. I'm saying if people want to tag up, they should expect people to hang around and they can take some time to show them what's up if they want to pull a force around, or drop the tag and run a group, or don't complain. 

Ahh you do not engage in the tag concept. Now your limited point of view makes sense. And you have no real interest in expanding your knowledge outside your own opinion. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Referring explicitly to

That did not give off the impression that you merely wanted them to "quickly explain what they're about ".

How did that give you any other impression than literally saying take a second to explain. "here's food, 5 min, hitting sm outer". Simple and people know what they're up to and if that's what they want to join up with.

11 minutes ago, Safty.7326 said:

Ahh you do not engage in the tag concept. Now your limited point of view makes sense. And you have no real interest in expanding your knowledge outside your own opinion. Good luck with that.

I engage with tags plenty. I don't need to tag and I don't need to join squad most of the time. Don't talk about limited views when you don't know how a lot of people have been playing this game since before launch. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

How did that give you any other impression than literally saying take a second to explain. "here's food, 5 min, hitting sm outer". Simple and people know what they're up to and if that's what they want to join up with.

You said that people shouldn't tag up if they don't want to teach which isn't exactly the same as explaining for a second what they're going to do. These things are nothing similar.

A havoc commander also sometimes need to write broadcast messages, do squad markers, etc, etc, and removing a tool to run an efficient havoc with an invisible tag just to cater to your preferred way of running the maps in the game mode isn't a valid reason. And some commanders teach, but their job is mainly... to command.

• Confused 1

On 7/10/2024 at 12:29 AM, Safty.7326 said:

I am not a fan of the current restructure that has only encouraged and facilitated the ease to map q blob in the perspective of a small team player, but if it's what others like to do. Then who am I to say otherwise.

Have you read the feedback at all? Pretty much everyone is saying restructuring has been terrible, except maybe a few who only ever played with their guild and are delusional thinking their guild became miraculously better, when all they're doing is facerolling over pugs that don't speak same language or have same discord adress saved.

"I pressed 2 buttons and we won, what a great fight.. We are so good."

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 14
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Conner.4702 said:

Good luck to those who are up against Mirror of Lyssa next round. They really aren't that good. but the sheer amount of people during the entirety of the day is insanity.

I think someone has already said that giving the opportunity to group 500 active players from any possible guild is madness. I'm sure I've read it somewhere. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Conner.4702 said:

Good luck to those who are up against Mirror of Lyssa next round. They really aren't that good. but the sheer amount of people during the entirety of the day is insanity.

Hopefully they have some low rank players who i can one shot. Need to complete kill 3 invaders dailys every day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/11/2024 at 4:42 PM, Riba.3271 said:

Have you read the feedback at all? Pretty much everyone is saying restructuring has been terrible, except maybe a few who only ever played with their guild and are delusional thinking their guild became miraculously better, when all they're doing is facerolling over pugs that don't speak same language or have same discord adress saved.

"I pressed 2 buttons and we won, what a great fight.. We are so good."

I'm one of the people who has enjoyed it overall (T1 the only place that hasn't been reasonably balanced populations from what I've seen in matchups, and we started in T5 I believe), and I run almost exclusively small scale and roaming. Small scale with my guild at night during the upcoming "prime time" slots, and roaming off and on during mid day through the week. The reason I've enjoyed it is because when we run small scale, we can usually track where enemy zergs are with either the orange swords or if it's a map that we have a zerg on, that commander's tag, which in most other matchups let us do fights vs groups at least close to our smaller size (4 - 8). Don't see how that's delusional, and the other small scale guilds in our link seem to have had the same experience we have. I don't know if we've just been very lucky with how matchups have lined up, but I suspect a lot of other people probably enjoy it too, and just aren't coming to the forums to talk about it because they don't have any complaints. I also am very hopeful that it will be better next link that this link since they'll have more information on populations and typical play schedules from this link.

Edited by igmolicious.5986
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Bloodstealer.5978 said:

Another week in WvW paradise on Gayla Hatchery. Please bring back the old system, at least when running on RoS there were actually people on the server even if they were the worst of toxic turnips  most of the time.

RoS will live in our hearts ❤️

• Sad 1