Rework Signet of Humility

Since now the signet of humility will be sent to the abyss of oblivion with this next new patch that does nothing more than eliminate the signet disguising it as a "balance", limiting the mesmer's tool belt, for no real reason since that signet is It is only used for its active ability whith a very high coldown, its passive is horrible, at least the developers should remake it and offer us a good alternative, so I propose this reinvention of the signet.

Signet of Lyssa 
Active effect: Removes all boons from the target and for each boon removed it gains a condition it does not have, (only one stack).
                          Lyssa's Contempt: You are sealed and cannot receive boons (10sec duration).
                          This skill damage the Defiance bar (600)

Passive effect: Each skill/ab/trait that generates clones/blades generates an additional one.

Range: 1200
Unblockable

And now that I'm suggesting, they should improve Jaunt on Mirage, the ability should break targeting every time you use it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

Signet, sure seems cool. Jaunt breaking target? Maybe a little too much, tho I do believe they should give it 3 charges/20 sec cooldown. 

Willbender got a straight buff to have all 3 of it's virtues up at the same time where before they could only have 1 up, and if they used another, it would overwrite.

I cannot stress enough that this was a STRAIGHT BUFF. No trade off, no nerfing to any numbers on the virtues, nothing. Just straight power. And trust me, if you take that buff away now, the entire guardian community would riot. Because it fundamentally changed how WB was played.

But you're here sweating jaunt breaking target?????

I am sorry, but no.

Jaunt breaking target would be absolutely amazing and is such a solid idea that plays perfectly into the Mesmer Class, specifically Mirage and it is nowhere near too much. If anything it is not enough.

Just look at how overloaded some skills are compared to Mesmer.

Guardian Pistol 3:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Symbol_of_Ignition

vs

Mesmer Dagger 3:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unstable_Bladestorm

vs

Ranger Mace 5:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wild_Strikes

Again, this is not so much directed at you per se, more so this mentality that any buff to Mes is somehow going to break the entire game when Guardian and other classes have already broken it. Mes is by far the weakest class atm, which, doesn't mean it is a weak class at all, no. All classes are very strong atm, but there is still a hierarchy with very clear S+ classes, while others remain around A or B tier. Mes is in the latter category 100%.

If we want meaningful change, we have to stop compromising with ourselves and we need a Dev who mains Mes like we have Devs who main guardian, ranger, necro, & ele.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

The whole nerf thing only happened because people dont know how to avoid to get hit by it. Basicly a skill issue. How to avoid : line of sight, blind, dodge, invul or just block it. I mean warr can just refelct it onto the mesmer when having the shield trait so wheres the issue?

If thats what happens for "balance" then i want a big marker/red blue whatever color circle for each and any kind of cc skill in the game. It really feels like training wheels on a bike >.<

Meanwhile engineers are better of with the same thing https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_X. 3 Targets for 3 seconds. Balance anyone? So the non mesmer excells at mesmerstuff?

Just wanted to get this out of the system. The changes just seem pretty...lame tbo

Edited by blitzbirne.2890
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, blitzbirne.2890 said:

How to avoid : line of sight, blind, dodge, invul or just block it.

Which only works in a perfect 1v1 situation where you can pay very close attention to that specific mesmer, and considering how it is mesmer thing to create visual mess by themselves specifically to distract and confuse enemies, expecting people to "just counter it", and more so being aware of what skills are on the table when in moa form, is unreasonable ask imo.

Everytime I got moa'd or saw anyone being moa'd it happened from nowhere, while engaging someone else. First thing to indicate that mesmer joined the fight was turning into a moa. And while in alot of situations the person turned didn't die while transformed, the health loss and agency being taken away was enough to decide the fight.

40 minutes ago, blitzbirne.2890 said:

Meanwhile engineers are better of with the same thing https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_X. 3 Targets for 3 seconds

At considerably shorter range, profession toolbelt tied to ult slot, so only avalable on core engi with no espec slotted, and ground targeted AoE (Wiki does not list the radius of the AoE itself, so cannot comment on that one). Up to arguing if it really is better. Do note, that in sPvP signet of humility duration is untouched, so the only place where duration is nerfed is the same place, where mesmer hiding in a zerg can cast it without any danger of being counterplayed, with zerg bomb following on the victim.

Disclaimer, I am not saying that handling of the nerf is good, and that they couldn't do it better, but pretending like the ability was perfectly fine and nobody should have any issue with it whatsoever is dishonest or misinformed take.

48 minutes ago, blitzbirne.2890 said:

If thats what happens for "balance" then i want a big marker/red blue whatever color circle for each and any kind of cc skill in the game.

You can stunbreak out of "each and any kind of cc skill in the game", you cannot stunbreak out of forced transformation. Having big marker of engi tossing elixir X would be fair request tho.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Hey. HEY. HEY! That is an incredibly disingenuous arguement to make and I will NOT stand for it in these holy forums.

Guardian Pistol and Ranger Mace came out in SotO. Mesmer Dagger came with EoD. They are NOT appropriate to compare. What you SHOULD be comparing is the Mesmer Rifle to the Guardian Pistol and Ranger Mace as they came out in the same expac, at the same time, by the same dev team.

Besides, it looks SO much worse in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, blitzbirne.2890 said:

So the non mesmer excells at mesmerstuff?

You must be new here.....oh wait you actually are new here, HI! And of course, that's been the trend for...years. There's nothing that mesmers do that someone else does not do better, and there's nothing we have that has not been given to someone else with the exception of clones and even then, Scourge Shades are just that close to being clones; they just don't move. Other than that though, everything in our kit everyone else has and everyone else does it better than us. Playing mesmer is basically walking in with a handicap and saying I'm still going to try.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

On 6/17/2024 at 7:53 PM, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

You must be new here.....oh wait you actually are new here, HI! And of course, that's been the trend for...years. There's nothing that mesmers do that someone else does not do better, and there's nothing we have that has not been given to someone else with the exception of clones and even then, Scourge Shades are just that close to being clones; they just don't move. Other than that though, everything in our kit everyone else has and everyone else does it better than us. Playing mesmer is basically walking in with a handicap and saying I'm still going to try.

This^

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Not a mesmer player, but is this really how most mesmer players feel? Aren't mesmers absolutely rocking right now? Virt and chrono are the 2 most popular especs in PvE instanced play right now, and isn't chrono absolutely carrying the boonball meta in WvW?

Who does portals better? Who does confusion spam better? Who does 1200 range AoE damage better? Who has better on-demand invuln on every build, because it's on their profession mechanic?

To say that other classes do mesmer better than mesmer sounds crazy to me, so I'm wondering why mesmer players feel this way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, frazazel.7501 said:

Not a mesmer player, but is this really how most mesmer players feel? Aren't mesmers absolutely rocking right now? Virt and chrono are the 2 most popular especs in PvE instanced play right now, and isn't chrono absolutely carrying the boonball meta in WvW?

What? Did you think that people who specifically chose to play the stealth/non-stop visual noise/iframe/daze/teleport spam class in pvp, did so because they actually give a kitten about good class design, balance, or the health of pvp as a game mode? They play that crap because Mesmer's entire GW2 identity has always been just being a sampler platter of every horrible cheesy af pvp mechanic ever invented. Of course those people are unironically complaining about no longer being able to free kill someone while they're trapped as a flamingo for 6-12 seconds lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 6/21/2024 at 1:27 PM, frazazel.7501 said:

Who does portals better? Who does confusion spam better? Who does 1200 range AoE damage better? Who has better on-demand invuln on every build, because it's on their profession mechanic?

To say that other classes do mesmer better than mesmer sounds crazy to me, so I'm wondering why mesmer players feel this way.

Virtu is not a Mesmer spec. It's a spec for players who never played Mesmer. It was intentionally designed so players could dip their toes into Mesmer, w/o actually dealing with Core Mesmer mechanics such as instant cast shatters, and clones.

It is mind numbingly easy, and it should be nerfed because of how much it does, and at 1200 range to boot.

Moa has been in game since launch. WvW has been in game since launch, but now suddenly Moa is a huge problem in WvW.... 🤧 

It just doesn't pass the sniff test sorry.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Humility

You can see all the changes to Moa here ^

Remember, it is important to account for history when discussing today's skills. I understand many players (not you specifically here) are new, and have no idea how GW2 was balanced since launch, but trust me when I say EoD really flipped everything on it's head, and again this was by design.

A good example is guardian. Guardian is traditionally the least mobile class, because they got superiors access to aegis. They didn't need to move because they could just aegis a 1000000k hit np. Now come EoD, an Xpac designed to break tradition, and what does Guardian get? Willbender, the most mobile spec in the entire game right now. But they still have aegis.....

Mesmer traditionally had instant cast shatters, and clones. Virtu flips that, shatters have cast times now, and no more clones, instead, blades.

This isn't a bad idea per se, breaking tradition, it's just that some classes got the back burner in that regard, and Mesmer is one of those classes.

Sure all classes are viable now in most content, but it's not balanced. See 6 virtu's for the hardest content.

There should be NO SITUATION where one class completely dominates over all others. Right now Virtu is in that spot, but Mesmer as a whole is still lagging behind other classes.

Now with all that being said, Mesmer players & Ele players generally tend to complain the most, about anything. It is understandable in one regard, because those 2 classes heavily punish mistakes, and take so much effort to play right, just for the same dps as an auto attack reaper. 100000% more effort for maybe 5% more damage. This is why everyone plays Virtu now. It's so easy. Literally, it's so easy to play.

In another regard, Mesmer could be #1 tomorrow, and Mesmer players would still complain. So yeah lol. I mean just look a Mesmer spear which is by all metrics an amazing weapon, but people are complaining about positioning one skill, not realizing the class they play (Mesmer) is all about positioning.... You see what I mean lmfao?

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Moa has been in game since launch. WvW has been in game since launch, but now suddenly Moa is a huge problem in WvW.... 🤧 

Moa was complained about on forums recently.
It's a story as old as time regarding mesmer, cry on forums and suddenly the thing you cry about is nerfed.
Remember when mirage was released? "The problem of mirage is elusive mind!" - Elusive mind got nerfed.
"It's vigor now!" Vigor got nerfed next patch.
"Well, turns out is torch" - Torch got nerfed.
And so on.

If you search it, you see that every nerfed was preceed by QQ on forums.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

In my personal opinion moa was huge problem in both pvp and wvw since game launch, it's just it took AN 11 years to agree to that for some reason 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/17/2024 at 11:17 AM, blitzbirne.2890 said:

The whole nerf thing only happened because people dont know how to avoid to get hit by it. Basicly a skill issue. How to avoid : line of sight, blind, dodge, invul or just block it. I mean warr can just refelct it onto the mesmer when having the shield trait so wheres the issue?

On 6/24/2024 at 1:07 PM, Waffles.5632 said:

The rumours are that a certain Twitch streamer has an Anet bestie that he complained to, and so it got nerfed... He was on stream recently saying things like "I want every single person who runs moa to just kittening hate my guts"

16 hours ago, salmon.2630 said:

The rumours are that a certain Twitch streamer has an Anet bestie that he complained to, and so it got nerfed... He was on stream recently saying things like "I want every single person who runs moa to just kittening hate my guts"

Nobody cares about these streamers. 

What people care about is changes like this, signet of humility changes now is literally an insult towards wvw mesmers, racial elites is more useful than chicken signet now

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2024 at 4:53 AM, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Mesmer does have something unique, that it swap its playstyle. 

All Mesmer elites can swap in stealth, portal or boon rip utilities basicly whenever. Things like feedback can resurrect players while not sacrificing to much DPS. 

Mesmer is a utility class. 

• Confused 1

On 8/5/2024 at 3:26 AM, Mell.4873 said:

Mesmer does have something unique, that it swap its playstyle. 

All Mesmer elites can swap in stealth, portal or boon rip utilities basicly whenever. Things like feedback can resurrect players while not sacrificing to much DPS. 

Mesmer is a utility class. 

With an eliteskill that has 90 secs cooldown, 100 years cast time for 2 seconds effect. Pretty kitten poor elite skill >.<

Edited by blitzbirne.2890
  • Like 5

On 6/16/2024 at 7:18 PM, JuezCosmico.6723 said:

they should improve Jaunt on Mirage, the ability should break targeting every time you use it.

I do wish Jaunt would get buffed because it's quite laughable as it is, but breaking targeting would be kind of busted in WvW.

• Like 3

On 8/7/2024 at 2:16 AM, blitzbirne.2890 said:

With an eliteskill that has 90 secs cooldown, 100 years cast time for 2 seconds effect. Pretty kitten poor elite skill >.<

Other professions have it much worse and the cooldown is a non-issue when the different elite have radically different uses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/22/2024 at 3:27 AM, frazazel.7501 said:

Chrono is most definitely NOT carrying the boon ball in wvw.

• Like 1