List your issues with Warrior as a profession.

WingSwipe.3084

Posted (edited)

More things that came to mind:

• Evade skills such as Brutal shot and Dragonspike Mine should to allow dodging in a desired direction that you currently are moving.
    This isnt really just a warrior thing, this should have been standardised for all professions long ago: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Evade

• Can we just replace Electric fence with anything that might actually assist Memesworn in their attempted playstyle.
    I havent and havent seen anyone else use Electric Fence in any content, correct me if im wrong but this skill could be used less then even the Spellbreaker skills.

• Flow generation needs to be normalised, increased or reworked entirely.
    The current flow generation allows you to barely keep up with your Dragon Trigger casts if you are running the bog standard build with Mines, Stabiliser, Cartridges and Reload. If you want to run skills that allow for better flow generation like Signet of Fury you suffer DPS losses of 15%+.
    It could be replaced with an ammo system like Dragon Slash already uses to charge that fills up as you use Bladesworn abilities that uses ammo.

• Bladesworn should have a passive precision buff to allow it to crit cap.
    Bladesworn is the only build in power warriors arsenal that requires you to build assassins gear to actually crit cap. Spellbreaker can crit cap via Attackers Insight. Zerker and Core can crit cap via Signet of Fury and its actually optimal for them to do so since Signet of Fury can also fully refill your adrenaline, allowing zerker to instantly berserk and Core to instantly cast a tier 3 burst.
    Bladesworn however has no way to crit cap without gear which requires both assassin gear, precision runes and precision infusions. So unless you have legendary gear and runes you have to get an entire separate gear set of berserkers/assassins gear if you want to have a gear page to switch between.
    This isnt a game breaking issue but more of a QOL update that would simplify things for a significant amount of players.
    This also just hampers the big crits that Memesworn is known for.
Edited by WingSwipe.3084
  • Like 1

I think it's really lame that a bunch of classes get one build, and everything else is a poor knockoff of that.

For War, it's sidenoding, currently Spellbreaker and has been for a while, but it's rotated through Bladesworn, Zerk, and Spb, and all of those plus core are basically relegated to being sidenoders in varying levels of viability currently.

For a game that touted itself as not having a trinity, and being more freeform, it's really frustrating that wanting to do something else with the classes in competitive modes is pretty much asking to have a bad time.

Don't think it's asking too much for off-meta builds to be at least CLOSER to meta ones. Class design via traits, utilities, mechanics, etc eventually becomes a problem, certainly, but they could do a better job of making it close instead of abandoning things for, in some cases, years and years.

Like, upcoming spear is super sick imo, what if I wanna be sorta like power mirage or something with it instead of slapping it on Spellbreaker to sidenode with? Big damage but vulnerable? You have to give up a ton to do so, which makes sense, but then meta builds do the same damage but have you beat in virtually every other area of gameplay. That feels really bad.

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

I think it's really lame that a bunch of classes get one build, and everything else is a poor knockoff of that.

For War, it's sidenoding, currently Spellbreaker and has been for a while, but it's rotated through Bladesworn, Zerk, and Spb, and all of those plus core are basically relegated to being sidenoders in varying levels of viability currently.

For a game that touted itself as not having a trinity, and being more freeform, it's really frustrating that wanting to do something else with the classes in competitive modes is pretty much asking to have a bad time.

Don't think it's asking too much for off-meta builds to be at least CLOSER to meta ones. Class design via traits, utilities, mechanics, etc eventually becomes a problem, certainly, but they could do a better job of making it close instead of abandoning things for, in some cases, years and years.

Like, upcoming spear is super sick imo, what if I wanna be sorta like power mirage or something with it instead of slapping it on Spellbreaker to sidenode with? Big damage but vulnerable? You have to give up a ton to do so, which makes sense, but then meta builds do the same damage but have you beat in virtually every other area of gameplay. That feels really bad.

This has been talked about pretty extensively. In the current iteration of warrior they cant really buff core warrior and help every other warrior build as it would be an indirect buff to Spellbreaker. 

So at this point we have to actually nerf some of the overperforming builds just so that the core builds can be updated in viability and off-meta build can actually become viable.

Main issue with this is that ANET balance devs have a nasty habit of nerfing core trait lines for all professions rather then nerfing the overperforming Elite spec thats been causing the issues. This has happen to Spellbreaker, Catalyst, Mechanist, Deadeye, etc.
The list goes on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

In the current iteration of warrior they cant really buff core warrior and help every other warrior build as it would be an indirect buff to Spellbreaker. 

Yeah, they've painted themselves into a corner, but when was the last time Arms, Tactics, or Strength got a touch up to bring them closer to viability? Strength got a few changes recently but it didn't really amount to anything.

I do think they deserve some credit for trying to enable support warrior builds recently via Tactics, but what about idk, like half the weapons or the ability to play a teamfight build or glass cannon or anything? I think they can absolutely buff traits in Strength/Arms/Tactics without Spellbreaker switching over to it. Or if it does, it's actually giving up a lot of the safety of Def/Disc, mitigating part of what makes it such a strong pick in the meta and what makes it such a problem spec to balance both within Warrior and between classes.

It's not just this class, there's a lot of stuff that's been more or less abandoned for long periods of time in competitive modes, and I don't understand how the community doesn't demand more work on classes tbh.
I genuinely don't understand where the man hours go considering how slowly balance changes and the meta shifts. When's the last time War got a change that would make it worth serious consideration to do something else with it? That hilariously busted month in 2019 when PZerk got reworked and was spinning for a gajillionty?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

• Can we just replace Electric fence with anything that might actually assist Memesworn in their attempted playstyle.
    I havent and havent seen anyone else use Electric Fence in any content, correct me if im wrong but this skill could be used less then even the Spellbreaker skills.

It's useful in open world/solo PvE. Problem is that in raids and strikes you need all three utility slots for damage, while in competitive it's locked to the group of personal defence skills that warriors are usually locked in to. It's not as bad as most of the spellbreaker utilities where it's hard to come up with ANY use case for them, it's just that it would take something particularly OP to break the dominance of the skills that are used.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

It's useful in open world/solo PvE. Problem is that in raids and strikes you need all three utility slots for damage, while in competitive it's locked to the group of personal defence skills that warriors are usually locked in to. It's not as bad as most of the spellbreaker utilities where it's hard to come up with ANY use case for them, it's just that it would take something particularly OP to break the dominance of the skills that are used.

Pretty much this, it's literally warrior's only projectile blocking wall - the only reason anyone has complaints about it is because it's locked behind BLADESWORN, being the way it is. Having utility in your utility slots is nothing but an absolute win, the problem is how absolutely screwed Bsw is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Yeah, they've painted themselves into a corner, but when was the last time Arms, Tactics, or Strength got a touch up to bring them closer to viability? Strength got a few changes recently but it didn't really amount to anything.

I do think they deserve some credit for trying to enable support warrior builds recently via Tactics, but what about idk, like half the weapons or the ability to play a teamfight build or glass cannon or anything? I think they can absolutely buff traits in Strength/Arms/Tactics without Spellbreaker switching over to it. Or if it does, it's actually giving up a lot of the safety of Def/Disc, mitigating part of what makes it such a strong pick in the meta and what makes it such a problem spec to balance both within Warrior and between classes.

Last arms update was November 28, 2023 and they did some good work there, shame that Furious Burst still is bugged with the 18 second ICD from the old version but thats par for the course. Botched implementation is still expected *Cough* Crack Shot *Cough*.

Tactics is getting constant updates but its only to make Support Warrior more viable, and they have done real good work on that.

Strength got changed October 04, 2022, thats when they moved Merciless Hammer to defence and added Aggressive Onslaught. Thats it, they added one trait but they reworked most of the defence trait line into the really good one we have today.

22 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Pretty much this, it's literally warrior's only projectile blocking wall - the only reason anyone has complaints about it is because it's locked behind BLADESWORN, being the way it is. Having utility in your utility slots is nothing but an absolute win, the problem is how absolutely screwed Bsw is.

Yeah, you move any trait or skill into utility and QOL and you start losing 10-25% damage per trait/skill.

Copy past all of the text you have in there to this thread, makes everything easier to access. You wrote an excellent summary in that thread.

• Like 1

Found another through:

• Full counter needs to have its cooldown increased in competitive environments.
    An ability that evades, boon strips, slows, is unblockable, does damage, walks the dog, does your dishes, etc. should have a higher cooldown in competitive modes.
    The main reason for this having its short cooldown is that everyone is being forced into the Disipline trait line in PvP due to the Fast Hands trait and Versatile Power is giving too much cooldown for an ability with this much juice in its pack. 
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Found another through:

• Full counter needs to have its cooldown increased in competitive environments.
    An ability that evades, boon strips, slows, is unblockable, does damage, walks the dog, does your dishes, etc. should have a higher cooldown in competitive modes.
    The main reason for this having its short cooldown is that everyone is being forced into the Disipline trait line in PvP due to the Fast Hands trait and Versatile Power is giving too much cooldown for an ability with this much juice in its pack. 

There is a CD reduction bug with Versatile Power that reduces the CD on FC by more than the listed amount. Fix that first and see how it plays before upping the CD.

• Like 3

Here is an addition.

Do one of these two things, but not both:

• Gaining a stack of Attacker's Insight refreshes the duration of all existing stacks.
  • Add to various dagger and meditation skills that they innately grant stacks of Attacker's Insight without needing to remove a boon or hit with a CC. I think 1 stack on Aura Slicer, one on Wastrel's Ruin on the conditional damage application. One stack on Sight Beyond Sight, FFG, and Imminent Threat each.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Here is an addition.

Do one of these two things, but not both:

• Gaining a stack of Attacker's Insight refreshes the duration of all existing stacks.
  • Add to various dagger and meditation skills that they innately grant stacks of Attacker's Insight without needing to remove a boon or hit with a CC. I think 1 stack on Aura Slicer, one on Wastrel's Ruin on the conditional damage application. One stack on Sight Beyond Sight, FFG, and Imminent Threat each.

Dont play much Spellbreaker, is it that difficult to maintain stacks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Dont play much Spellbreaker, is it that difficult to maintain stacks?

Depends on the situation and the weapons you take. The PvE benchmarkers for instance take WoD just to create a lightning field to spam dazes with at the beginning of a fight. But if you don't want to play hammer or fill your bar with CCs then it can ramp up slowly and drop off in some situations, like fighting a champion alone.

The EoD specs introduced several such stacking buffs that had the ability to refresh their durations when gaining a new stack. That seems to be a good mechanic to flow to all such abilities. That or adding in some other ways to gain stacks of AI would work. That allows for more variety on Spellbreaker.

• Like 1

Seeing as this update was all around PvP/WvW updates, im assuming we cant expect another balance patch for this month?

17 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Depends on the situation and the weapons you take. The PvE benchmarkers for instance take WoD just to create a lightning field to spam dazes with at the beginning of a fight.

So thats why everyone uses that in PvE, through it strange.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the single biggest issue with the class right now is alac being on bsw rather than spellbreaker and also just the general state of BSW as a spec.

On the berserker side of things power is doing pretty ok in PvE, while condi just feels rather sad after its last round of nerfs. Its almost as if nerfing the core class abilities instead of fire aura was a bad double down on the developer side of things but I'm not trying to assign blame, I'm just saying they were right to nerf the class but they did it in a half-assed way that ended up just killing the spec and in return kinda killing condi warrior as a whole.

Its just a cautionary tale on golem numbers not representing the full reality, and hell even the person pushing golem records for condizerk agrees it needs to be doing a lot more to be worth the hassle. I feel like if anet doesn't want to understand this class they could at least ask the people that do for greater insight.

Edited by rainhelm.3827
  • Like 2

Alacrity and Quickness should be tied to utility skills rather than burst skills. While banner slavery needed to finally end, there's no reason we should be forced to attack bosses to upkeep boons, when things like Chrono and Herald can upkeep boons effortlessly, and so many bosses have high movement and invulnerability phases.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

• Every power weapon feels like trash to press buttons on.
  • Adrenaline INSTANTLY decays out of combat.

In any other RPG ever created, warrior is one of the most popular if not the most popular class. That is not true in this game, meaning the developers have failed at delivering on the "heavy armor, hit things with a big 2hander" fantasy a lot of people seek.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

Sword needs a rework, in terms of damage it hits like a wet noodle, and the bleeding takes so much time to ramp up. Its really bad in short fights and core dungeons.

Sword might be one one the most funtional warrior weapons, so a rework wouldnt be needed here.

QOL for the weapon would def. be needed. Flaming flurrys hit registration is terrible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/18/2024 at 10:21 AM, Maiday.9028 said:

1. The condition clear on Warrior is a joke. In an era of everyone playing a variant of condition base builds we need a good way to counter then. 

Mending is decent, but maybe I only think that because there aren't really a whole lot of other options to choose from...

On 6/18/2024 at 11:05 AM, Guy.9207 said:
  • Fear Me Shout is another example, like who uses that?

It's on my underwater bar just to replace something land-only, because getting surrounded in 3D is annoying. On land it seems pretty pointless though, unless you really need to buy some space for a heal/rez/cleanse. I guess it has its uses as an interrupt but it would feel more useful as a simple daze/stun, with some stacks of vuln/weak/immob instead. Think of this skill's fear as "paralyzed with" instead of "running away in." When my Chef is trying to smash an opponent into jelly or butcher them for meat, the last thing she wants is for them to run away. 😝

On 6/18/2024 at 11:37 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Throw Bolas should have a flip over to pull the target.

Yes, very much this. 👍 👍

On 7/17/2024 at 3:51 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Yeah.  Sec

Dawg, we have been waiting for a while. And im itching to see what your list would entail. 

We getting a list or not, im waiting like an addict looking for a fix.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I haven't found a quick nor alac build for spellbreaker. I was really hoping for alac. It's my understanding that in joining advanced instanced PvE groups, a DPS is expected to run either q or a. So it seems like any elite spec that can run DPS at all should have access to one of these. 

Spellbreaker does have CCs, but that's not usually a group role as I understand it, you would change out some utilities or weapons if CC is requested and you don't have it in your build. Or you know, swap to your mace/mace ranger.

Edited by willow.8209
  • Confused 1