Don't share your builds

You may have crafted the perfect build, and you feel so proud that you want to let the whole world know what kind of ultra genius you are, but resist the temptation to tell anyone.

Keep it secret.

Once the world knows, Anet knows, and if Anet knows and doesn't like it, bye bye genius build.

AND, HELLO forum trolls

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pttf.2467 said:

as long your build doesn't win mat it will prolly take very very long to be nerfef , if that even happens

flash back to that time years ago when poor cuilann took so many random stray nerfs

then scrapper went nuts for a while so... i guess it worked out in the end but y'know

12 hours ago, Pttf.2467 said:

as long your build doesn't win mat it will prolly take very very long to be nerfef , if that even happens

no, if your class wins at MAT your totally unrelated build will probably see some clown shoe aimed nerf that totally misses the MAT build and flattens you.

• Like 1

I have shared many builds and guess what? Anet have only directly nerfed 1. And that one was nerfed a day after I shared it so they didn't know it was a build people enjoyed. All the rest of my builds have been buffed.

When the game launched, I made the interrupt mesmer with Mantras. Shared the build. What happened? They made Powerblock to make the build even more powerful.

Flamethrower Elixir Gun? It gains might through blast finishers. Shared the Buid. They made a trait that gave extra might for every blast finisher you did.

Hit me with your rythmn stick Condi Guard? Literally nearly a very short time after I shared the Build, it got buffed and everyone started playing Condi Guard.

So i have more evidence that shared builds get buffs.

Edited by Dirame.8521

15 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

You may have crafted the perfect build, and you feel so proud that you want to let the whole world know what kind of ultra genius you are, but resist the temptation to tell anyone.

Keep it secret.

Once the world knows, Anet knows, and if Anet knows and doesn't like it, bye bye genius build.

AND, HELLO forum trolls

👌

2 hours ago, Dirame.8521 said:

I have shared many builds and guess what? Anet have only directly nerfed 1. And that one was nerfed a day after I shared it so they didn't know it was a build people enjoyed. All the rest of my builds have been buffed.

When the game launched, I made the interrupt mesmer with Mantras. Shared the build. What happened? They made Powerblock to make the build even more powerful.

Flamethrower Elixir Gun? It gains might through blast finishers. Shared the Buid. They made a trait that gave extra might for every blast finisher you did.

Hit me with your rythmn stick Condi Guard? Literally nearly a very short time after I shared the Build, it got buffed and everyone started playing Condi Guard.

So i have more evidence that shared builds get buffs.

Propaganda

On 6/18/2024 at 4:18 AM, Mhina.1827 said:

kitten, was hoping someone would be willing to share some mesmer sauce with me. 

Here is my ranked mesmer sauce:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABgqx/lRwuYSMKmJO0LbvSA-DaIPkMlB9KEKYBIl/DAA

Ez solo plat 2 by pressing 1 a lot. Also fast af and big bamage so its fun. Just pray you dont get support tempest in enemy team. Feedback chrono is not fun either. 

Dagger ambush nerf incoming now I guess. 

• Like 2

I've you've been destroyed by me recently and was wondered what build I was using..... eh....

I run a mix version of Dragon gear + Valk gear in WvW. Basically the exact same stats and playstyle as the sPvP version.
By the way there isn't any build secrets in this game anymore... players who has mained a single class for a year or longer would already know what works and what doesn't.. even after a new amulet or relic is released.

• Confused 1

On 6/17/2024 at 8:18 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

tbh Anet just swings like a wild beast at the balance anyway, so your genius build is probably gonna get hit by weird nerfs every couple months anyway

True though

This. 

Every time I thought my obscure build was safe. Anet managed to kill it with some random nerf regardless. 

Still salty about the conductor signet nerf. Couldn't even let me play my funny C tier meme build in peace. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

This. 

Every time I thought my obscure build was safe. Anet managed to kill it with some random nerf regardless. 

Still salty about the conductor signet nerf. Couldn't even let me play my funny C tier meme build in peace. 

Certain stuff that overperform arenanet can be like ahhhhhh I "see" the problem, boom random non related thing nerfed. What was the problem, still gets complaints. And you also have things not being a problem, but they find it a problem 😅

• Like 1