Revenant Spear Needs Fixing

Spudzie.5486

1 hour ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Spear was unusable by vindicator as well. I think the one spec that could theoretically use the spear, and theoretically is doing a lot of heavy lifting, was renegade. But even there it is unusable because the energy consumption of spear is insane with renegade being notoriously energy hungry.

Not to mention that it doesn't even take into account the renegat's bleeding, given that the spear didn't give any.

So really useless

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

i tried to make a condi Vindicator spear build using Abyssal Chill with Imperial Impact so it would turn the chill into torment on dodge but Abyssal Chill does 2k less per chill application than reapers Deathly Chill trait with full vipers.

was hoping spear would be power so i could be a bootleg dragoon with Vindicator but it being condi with no bleeding and high energy cost idk what legend this weapon is suppose to be used for.

Edited by ArcanistSeven.8720
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArcanistSeven.8720 said:

i tried to make a condi Vindicator spear build using Abyssal Chill with Imperial Impact so it would turn the chill into torment on dodge but Abyssal Chill does 2k less per chill application than reapers Deathly Chill trait with full vipers.

was hoping spear would be power so i could be a bootleg dragoon with Vindicator but it being condi with no bleeding and high energy cost idk what legend this weapon is suppose to be used for.

It's "hybrid" , so in ''theory" it works both ways like shortbow.

• Like 1

I will say it again for spear (can't be said enough since what we last saw like scepter not screamed out enough for chang...)======>

Rev spear has too long cast times on skill 1,2,4,5,  these need each 0,5 sec cast time. Since spear abilties will be used little more then other weapons skills, it has to be smooth fast enough and not slow.

Because of this the spear skills need lower energy cost.

Some larger radius on all abilties, should atleast be 240 and not 180.

600 range still looks too short if even these below get put in, so 900 range atleast.

• Auto attack: It could use more conditions like vulnerability on autos together with the torments each auto. For more condi hybrid weapon cover.

•Skill 2: Some weakness conditions on skill 2 added for more condi cover and defense.

•Skill 3: Longer/further evade on skill 3 with few more orbs.

Add even a 2nd ability that allows you to place the orbs at a different location which also triggers it because you moved them 

•Skill 4: Let it pulse chill conditions and not only in the end. 

If cast times are made faster, the end pulse pull will be more reliable too.

•Skill 5: Torment, poison and vulnerability conditions on skill 5. If 3 stacks max are reached, they gett applied like 3 torment, 3 poison and 3 vulnerability.

You gain stacks of abyss if a target is struck, max 1 stack and it stacks up to 3 max.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

It's "hybrid" , so in ''theory" it works both ways like shortbow.

But in practice, the world looks very different. It' is slow, low on impact, high energycost. It feels absolute clumsy. 

My prediction is, they leave it like it is, with minimal change. -> No one plays it, cause shortbow is worlds better in all gamemodes. -> Shortbow-nerf allert. -> Now we are forced to play clunky spear. Congratulation

14 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I will say it again for spear (can't be said enough since what we last saw like scepter not screamed out enough for chang...)======>

There was a lot of screaming, but no one cared about it.

Maybe we should make a song about scepter and spear, like Beyond Repair did with Vindicator?

Edited by Tobias.4975
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Tobias.4975 said:

high energycost

This is the part which really makes me feel like whoever designed the spear did it to spite players. Slow is already a point of contention but at least it seems every single profession has slow spears. The energy cost is like trying to use Kalla. Just guzzles your Energy so fast that you wonder if you're a Thief or a Revenant. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

This is the part which really makes me feel like whoever designed the spear did it to spite players. Slow is already a point of contention but at least it seems every single profession has slow spears. The energy cost is like trying to use Kalla. Just guzzles your Energy so fast that you wonder if you're a Thief or a Revenant. 

ok, but if we got a extra slow weapon (the other spears have not felt so slow), then it needs to hit like a truck, which is not the case at the moment. Energy-cost was always the tradeoff for short cd's, but that are the same like other spears. Thief's spear got no cd's, like the other weapons, and the Initiativ-cost make the weapon feeling smooth.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tobias.4975 said:

But in practice, the world looks very different. It' is slow, low on impact, high energycost. It feels absolute clumsy. 

My prediction is, they leave it like it is, with minimal change. -> No one plays it, cause shortbow is worlds better in all gamemodes. -> Shortbow-nerf allert. -> Now we are forced to play clunky spear. Congratulation

There was a lot of screaming, but no one cared about it.

Maybe we should make a song about scepter and spear, like Beyond Repair did with Vindicator?

When the one giving ideas on spear said, give slow on spear he understood it wrong 🥲

• Like 1

It looks like a beginner's unfinished project. Or done very quickly to say look we've got something. Then show a live weapon with everyone seeing the speed at first and saying "it's slow", not to mention the damage and certain skills like stun, which is horribly lacking. A RNG for mines. And an awful spam for the 5 with little result, frankly not even a student project.

And let's not forget the scepter.

A job well done in any case.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

spear in its current stage is only slightly better than scepter

in no realistic scenario will you pull off 3 stacks of abyssal raze in wvw/pvp it should be 1 stack period, because you also have to hit them with the circle after the swap

spear 4 is pretty decent, but my god its slow as heck to cast.

spear 2? this is a filler skill while kiting tbh

spear 3 feels clunky to use, a lot of the times you don't even dash the way you're facing but sideways instead

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

What bothers me about abyssal raze is the small attack zone and the slight latency of the skill once on the ground. Because it's easy to avoid if the target is a bit mobile. Knowing that the counter is increased by a maximum of 1 even if it hits several targets. 
And I'd have liked the spear to be as good at direct damage. And this spam is really annoying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

What bothers me about abyssal raze is the small attack zone and the slight latency of the skill once on the ground. Because it's easy to avoid if the target is a bit mobile. Knowing that the counter is increased by a maximum of 1 even if it hits several targets. 
And I'd have liked the spear to be as good at direct damage. And this spam is really annoying.

I think one way to fix it is simply to make it a wave from the player. It'll also be cool to unleash a wave of abyssal fire instead of the eruption. 
450 wave, 180 width, travel speed similar to Jalis road. I think that'll be rather nice. 

And for the swap mechanic, it casts an Eruption targeting and following the target.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

I think one way to fix it is simply to make it a wave from the player. It'll also be cool to unleash a wave of abyssal fire instead of the eruption. 
450 wave, 180 width, travel speed similar to Jalis road. I think that'll be rather nice. 

And for the swap mechanic, it casts an Eruption targeting and following the target.

This

26 minutes ago, Nemhy.5230 said:

Fixed? Condi spear Renegade is the KING dps right now by a large margin

https://gw2wingman.nevermindcreations.de/popularity , we see that here, renegade hard comeback thanks to spear.

And the rotation is easy , was able to do 45k first try on golem , so it's gonna be nerfed in pve , the monster is able to bench 54k with a lil bit of training and that number can be obtainable in real encounters.

Anet has a hard time fixing things , either it's totally blant , either it's completely broken , the right middle is hard to obtain.