Anet, why do you fail so much at basic balance?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Why don't you use it if it's so great?

SPB, druid, DE, necro, WB.. 5 specs that are basically making up 90% represenation combined, and all of them are on the low end of effort/risk yet high impact.

This is crutch meta.. I want to vs specs that are not mechanically hard carried, I want to play specs that are not mechanically hard carried in order to compete. Anynody else? Or are we all just jumping on the crutch waggon for a shot at a meaningless title?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

So the classic "every profession I don't play is wrong" got it.

The spec I play isn't a great/meta spec, and it shouldnt be, it isn't difficult/punishing enough to justify it. SPB/Duid are about as low difficulty as condi mech, but look at the differrence, do go on and justify it?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

PvP balance is dictated by the PvE balance, which has been about giving everyone everything so they don't need other players. The PvP dev has called them out on stream before because of it, so blame those people. It's been complete bs since it was made though.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, OddFinrir.6801 said:

PvP balance is dictated by the PvE balance, which has been about giving everyone everything so they don't need other players. The PvP dev has called them out on stream before because of it, so blame those people. It's been complete bs since it was made though.

Thats no suprise what so ever, and is perfectly reflected in the sit on far all game SPBs/druids. 0 intention of team work, just stroking their own egos while being crutch carried. Or even the thieves.. just using their team as meat shields, like leaches, we do all the hard/risky work, they just farm kills and think its risky af coz 13k hp.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)

Ok so nobody has contested that SPB/druid are marginally similar in difficulty to condi mech, so with that out the way, is anybody going to justify why they are 3x more effective, and like 100x more represented as a result?

Cmon, you can't all be crutching out that bad, lets look at it objectively?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Anet, why do you fail so much at basic balance?

It's quite simple, it's all about the direction Anet wants to take the game and it is not working.

In fact, it has been backfiring after year after year, with the player base playing the game less and less and with others finally leaving the game.

Anet miss direction has not only have negatively impacted the player base but has increasingly negatively impacted Guild Wars 2 content creators, into stopping making content videos for the game.

Having the player base enjoyment being instantly cut short and calling it "balance", is a guarantee death sentence to any player experience.

Instead of Anet addressing this issue, they increase it.

Until Anet change their Direction ..in putting the player experiences first and investing in the player base desire for Fair Healthy Competitive Gaming Experience..

Expect the same results, Expect the same Toxic Game Design, Toxic Profession Design and with increasing more Toxic Environment, to continue to push away more content creators and players from playing this game.

This is what Anet wants, Profit 

At any cost 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Druid is actually weak right now.  Switched back over to melee Untamed for easier games.  

Weak compared to what, SPB? Mace Untamed?, I geneuinely do not trust your perspective.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

@Flowki.7194 true you trust nobody in terms of balance knowledge but yourself xp.

Letz make ele the only option for Players to play again cause its the only class that is mechanicaly hard to learn!  (be aware this is sarcasm)

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Druid is actually weak right now.  Switched back over to melee Untamed for easier games.  

Hahaha, like literally, Druid just has to press 1 button after they gaining Celestial Avatar (Natural Convergence) and its literally GG everyone go home. Especially if I have used all my stuns. It so annoying because they gain stability when they use it as well and constantly daze. My goodness they are annoying.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 true you trust nobody in terms of balance knowledge but yourself xp.

Letz make ele the only option for Players to play again cause its the only class that is mechanicaly hard to learn!  (be aware this is sarcasm)

I don't really play power ele or vindi, genuinely not worth it when surrounded by low effort/risk specs, unless you slave away to get p1-2 type skill at them, if even able to reach that skill level. Same reason I don't play holo, herald, or the older Lb-GS untamed which are all fun but punishing specs. Seems most others are not playing such specs either, wonder why?... its not fun fighting them when they can make 5 mistakes and you can only make 1.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

@Flowki.7194 so u wana tell me that a holo with litterly perma superspeed, herald that all he is doing is what thief does but without stealth abuse and more self defence instead and a longbow GS ranger basicly stay in 1500 range and pew enemys to death playstyles are Harder to Play than everything that is out now? xp

Also ah i still enjoy strength spellbreaker over the usual defence one both have their pros and cons (Strength does overall more dmg while defence has more stuff against conditions)

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 so u wana tell me that a holo with litterly perma superspeed, herald that all he is doing is what thief does but without stealth abuse and more self defence instead and a longbow GS ranger basicly stay in 1500 range and pew enemys to death playstyles are Harder to Play than everything that is out now? xp

Also ah i still enjoy strength spellbreaker over the usual defence one both have their pros and cons (Strength does overall more dmg while defence has more stuff against conditions)

You can litterally make and play any of the specs I pointed out right now. And yes, most things out right now are less punishing for mistakes, far less. Go find out?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Ok so nobody has contested that SPB/druid are marginally similar in difficulty to condi mech, so with that out the way, is anybody going to justify why they are 3x more effective, and like 100x more represented as a result?

Cmon, you can't all be crutching out that bad, lets look at it objectively?

Also still waiting for some logical justifications? Is it at the point where we should be advocating for condi mech getting into meta, as to avoid double standards?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

@Flowki.7194 the thing is Meta Builds are always the Builds that get u the best way to win the Game (basicly a mix of build and Play skill carry). In the end if something becomes Meta its always "less punishing to Play" than the rest of Builds out there. 

Thats why i do not realy get your point of "this needs nerf cause its too forgiving to Play" Arguments. If the current meta will get nerfed there will be some other builds coming out that are even worse than the current way to Play thanks to how the conquest game mode just works. It will always be the kind of "im side node Bunker/im midfight/im roamer/im healer" thing going on. 

In the end as long as more than 2 Builds are meta its always a "good balanced Game" but i also will Always prefer the dmging meta instead off the bunker one and thats just the diff most of the time. Its Always a "im being so tanky that i can afking on node" or "im a Mix of both and can get killed when 1vx". Personaly i prefer how it is now wich means the second Option ^^. 

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

SPB, druid, DE, necro, WB.. 5 specs that are basically making up 90% represenation combined, and all of them are on the low end of effort/risk yet high impact.

This is crutch meta.. I want to vs specs that are not mechanically hard carried, I want to play specs that are not mechanically hard carried in order to compete. Anynody else? Or are we all just jumping on the crutch waggon for a shot at a meaningless title?

Stop playing ele if you dont want to be carried mechanically.

More skills to use, is not "more skillz".

I played ele and got my second title, did the kitten blind, it is so easy my dog also titled on my alt

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

I played ele and got my second title, did the kitten blind, it is so easy my dog also titled on my alt

Getting called a noob ingame is not what people mean when they are talking about titles.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Woaaaaah, look at meee, I hold far or home, I am the most impact that has ever existed in conquest. Oh kitten, another player blink-blinked to break the 1v1 stalemate I was having, now I got to do jumping puzzles or die. Hey look, the 2nd player blink-blinked to mid now that the node is contested. Back to my high impact game breaking build. kitten, I cant take the node now for 2 min straight.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Why don't you use it if it's so great?

After reading the forums and needing to get some wins with something other than ele I have it a try. 

Turns out despite what the forums say you can't just pick it up, jump straight in and get easy wins. I feel cheated

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I don't really play power ele or vindi, genuinely not worth it when surrounded by low effort/risk specs, unless you slave away to get p1-2 type skill at them, if even able to reach that skill level. Same reason I don't play holo, herald, or the older Lb-GS untamed which are all fun but punishing specs. 

You keep mentioning p1-p2 level but can't beat condi Druid? 😂

Also, LB/GS teleburst untamed very much complained about on here--I'm not going to go back and see if you were complaining about that too,  don't have that much free time or care really.  

16 hours ago, Dirame.8521 said:

Hahaha, like literally, Druid just has to press 1 button after they gaining Celestial Avatar (Natural Convergence) and its literally GG everyone go home. 

A tip, back up.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2