Infusion stacking is broken [Merged]

13 hours ago, Adegard.8317 said:

IMO the bug will eventually be fixed, but I highly doubt it will be fixed this year.

Rubi's reaction can be interpreted as "everyone's very busy with JW so it's hard to get a hold of someone who could give an indication as to when they expect the bug to be fixed", but it can also be interpreted as "everyone's very busy with JW, this bug remains on our radar, but it's not a high priority at the moment". Or both. Either way, it's an answer meant to please the masses, not comfort those few players affected by the bug.

The regular Joe wants new content and would have Anet's QA/QC team focus on releasing a bug-free new expansion and focus on bugs related to the new expansion rather than fixing some bugged items that are out of their grasp anyway.  Moreover, some people are even happy the cosmetic infusions are bugged (no surprises there). Apparently it is not due to spite, jealousy and small mindedness, but because they're no longer affected by the visual defecation created by over stacking cosmetic infusions. Right.

Despite Anet's announcement from a while ago apologizing for the (then) state of the game with continuous crashes and bugged content claiming it's due to the game being old and although they have each and every patch tested things can always go wrong once they press the release to live button, I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't have a dedicated team focusing only on fixing the existing 12 years of content. They mostly likely have the same personnel test and fix new and old content. Otherwise, why would you claim the slow fixes and slow responses are due to people working hard on the new expansion.

Giving their current vision to release new content more often in smaller pieces instead of big chunks every few years, I wonder what's gonna happen with the existing (bugged) content, if  testing and fixing new content keeps getting prioritized over fixing what we already have.

Anyhow, learn to live with it and see you all in game.

The thing is that the jumping animation bug and the infusion stacking bug isn't something that affected the game on the old content for years. it literally happened 1 month ago or so.
It is weird that they broke something and they don't intend to fix it soon. It is not a bug that has been happening for like years and it will really need digging to uncover the cause.  But it will become something like that if they keep ignoring it.

• Confused 1

On 8/6/2024 at 8:37 PM, Adegard.8317 said:

Giving their current vision to release new content more often in smaller pieces instead of big chunks every few years, I wonder what's gonna happen with the existing (bugged) content, if  testing and fixing new content keeps getting prioritized over fixing what we already have.

Yes, that is the concern of many.

The limit of an acceptable amount of bugs has been exceeded by far. Everyday I encounter tons of stuff that "used to work properly", and now it no longer does - and the list keeps only getting longer with each new patch.

I find this trend quite disheartening... It makes me zero excited for the next expansion and even less excited about spending money on future content.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Hoping it's fixed by expansion launch, infusions, jumping and base design legendary armors been glitched out since June 25.  Nice that its been confirmed by Rubi, just is 100% focus on expansion release rather fixing some current live bugs before expansion unleashes a new wave of them?

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, Mike.7983 said:

just is 100% focus on expansion release rather fixing some current live bugs before expansion unleashes a new wave of them?

Yes, this is the current trend. A few years from now, the game will have five times the bugs it has now with content being unplayable (achievements, events, character animation and what not). Mark my words.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

I rly wonder what's their priority when they fixing bugs, revenant skills are bugged since release, fractal cms are bugged since release, strikes are bugged since release , raids are bugged , animations are bugged, achievements are bugged, metas are bugged and now even infusions.... like where you even start with this mess? 

there is so many game breaking bugs and they still chasing carrot with next expansions and THIS time its gonna be different, this time its gonna be different and this time we definitely gonna release polished expansions without bugs! oh wait we actually doing another one so... well... next one gonna be absolutely amazing.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 7:52 PM, daw.4923 said:

revenant skills are bugged since release, fractal cms are bugged since release, strikes are bugged since release , raids are bugged , animations are bugged, achievements are bugged, metas are bugged and now even infusions.... like where you even start with this mess? 

• Drizzlewood coast blood processor on the right still bugged
  • Wing 5 mounts are still broken if you got frozen at Broken King
  • Many Strike CM phasing bugs are still there (Esp. KO CM and HT CM)
  • Kaineng Overlook can still bug out if you wipe, up to completely destroying the instance
  • Jumping animations are broken right now
  • Whisper of Jormag still breaks when you CC close to 25%
  • Wing 7 Qadim 2 CM Special Action Key (Fireball) can still break, forcing a wipe
  • Wing 7 Qadim 2 Anomalies can still bug out and just explode
  • Silent Surf CM was utterly broken for months, why release prestige content in such a state?
  • Lonely Tower CM was utterly broken at release, only doable with exploits, again, why release prestige content in such a state?
  • Convergence Map still turning blue and breaks if you zoom out too much

Those are just some random bugs coming to mind right now. Of course, I encountered many, many more. *sigh*

You know, bugs can happen but what really confuses me is that ArenaNet tends to just ignore it and don't fix some things for ages or forever. Like that one mini dungeon in Echovald which can completely bug out if too many people are there. What did they do? They just removed it from the daily rotation instead of fixing it. I'm not complaining because I want to complain. I am complaining because I want my favorite game to do better.

Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think you misunderstood my tone. I have 8 chaks, 8 bees, 8 everbloom, dragonvoid, possession infusion, the list goes on. You can look up my name on OTC discord and see all the infusion trades I have done. Envy is certainly not what I feel toward this situation. I was just saying a lot of people who stack infusions tend to swipe and they are probably the most loyal customers in terms of money spent on this game and Anet is completely neglecting them. I just thought it was funny.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/14/2024 at 3:38 AM, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

Janthir is next week, let's wait it out till then, they won't have an excuse for dragging it out much longer after it releases. I hope.....

Honestly it should be included in the next patch. With the expansion addittion. They should also fix jump animatio and other bugs that happened since the latest patch...

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello all, I have an update for you! We have found the cause of this issue and are working on a way to revert the change. 

Our engineers have been investigating, but in addition to Janthir Wilds keeping everyone very busy, the issue with infusion stacking impacts other systems and made investigation more complicated. 

As we've mentioned in the past, we are always working to improve every aspect of our development processes. In this case, we made a change to help us better test particle effects, and that had an unintended effect on the way infusions behave in the live game. We are working on a fix that will revert the change to infusion stacking and allow us to keep the improved testing functionality. We won't be able to create, test, and ship that change before the August 20 game update, but we do want to get it to you as soon as we can.

I'll update you when we have a good idea of when that is--in the meantime, thank you all for your patience while we looked into this. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello all, I have an update for you! We have found the cause of this issue and are working on a way to revert the change. 

Our engineers have been investigating, but in addition to Janthir Wilds keeping everyone very busy, the issue with infusion stacking impacts other systems and made investigation more complicated. 

As we've mentioned in the past, we are always working to improve every aspect of our development processes. In this case, we made a change to help us better test particle effects, and that had an unintended effect on the way infusions behave in the live game. We are working on a fix that will revert the change to infusion stacking and allow us to keep the improved testing functionality. We won't be able to create, test, and ship that change before the August 20 game update, but we do want to get it to you as soon as we can.

I'll update you when we have a good idea of when that is--in the meantime, thank you all for your patience while we looked into this. 

I hope this change also means a fix for confetti (not how it was before).  The streamer effects (the things that swirl around your character) had never worked properly, but the little confetti firework things did.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

I hope this change also means a fix for confetti (not how it was before).  The streamer effects (the things that swirl around your character) had never worked properly, but the little confetti firework things did.

Did you ever consider that the streamers not stacking isn't a bug?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Sovngarde.7502 said:

Did you ever consider that the streamers not stacking isn't a bug?

When you apply them 1 by 1 the effect is different and how it should look when loading into a map. Not have it appear as one.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

When you apply them 1 by 1 the effect is different and how it should look when loading into a map. Not have it appear as one.

Yeah? You sure about that? 

Because you also wrote this about them:

18 hours ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

The streamer effects . . . had never worked properly

If they never worked, you literally couldn't know anything about it.

• Confused 1

On 8/16/2024 at 7:57 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

If you guys could take it one step further and make it so they stack even with the same attributes (instead of having to use suboptimal stats for cosmetic reasons), that would be awesome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1