Alliance System vs Server

23 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

No its not just IYO, the point of having both PPK and PPT is you need to do both. If you focus one over the other, you deserve to lose. Game mode is about not doing one thing but many, even while there is no reason to win. So we can hope scoring changes encourages more to focus those in first versus misbalancing PPK and PPT balance. 

But that's the problem with scoring. The servers/guilds that avoid fights and only ppt will always win. The servers that avoid ppt and only fight will always lose.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

It,s time to get rid of the 24/7 WvW matches and reanimate the EotM dynamic matches (but with all 4 diffferent maps to choose from).

Map Instances last 3-4 hours and are created on demand, so no more queue in prime and no more empty maps in off-time, imbalances last only a few hours.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Well, other ppl tried so many times to explain to you that most servers lost their "team spirit" long ago, some have been dead on and off for ages, and have almost lost the urge to do so. Guess we're equally blind then.

Not wrong, but those of us that didn't just doubled down. So my server is gone now. So what does that mean? More vendetta. 🙂 So focus changes from server and guild to guild and vendetta, or just vendetta. Oh hai! Yup we are back to the end of the tourney days. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

38 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

But that's the problem with scoring. The servers/guilds that avoid fights and only ppt will always win. The servers that avoid ppt and only fight will always lose.

Yup all servers and groups need to spread and do all. They need to PPK and PPT and spread and not stack in a time zone nor a map. They need to play efficiently. They shouldn't bring 50 to fight 5, they should send 5, they should use 20 to fight 20 while 30 others move on. We need PPK and PPT balance so players learn when to both stack and when to spread when not needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2024 at 3:09 PM, Java Jim.4675 said:

Well, we have now seen that it was not a good idea to integrate the alliance system. What do you think it would look like in the NFL if the players were shuffled every 8 weeks and played for different teams? Would they still be as passionate about winning the game? WvW is a team game and you can't reshuffle the teams. I think it's time for new developers for Anet. 

NFL is an Alliance system, only different from WvW is NFL players get paid a huge amount of money to transfer team, whereas players in WvW have to pay to transfer team.

• Confused 1

Alliance system sounds great as soon as we get it so hard to say as it was canceled for WR. WR though is great in theory after a few months to balance play hours. Servers were a mess if they were full you could not have friends transfer to join.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/2/2024 at 5:21 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Yup all servers and groups need to spread and do all. They need to PPK and PPT and spread and not stack in a time zone nor a map. They need to play efficiently. They shouldn't bring 50 to fight 5, they should send 5, they should use 20 to fight 20 while 30 others move on. We need PPK and PPT balance so players learn when to both stack and when to spread when not needed.

This right here. Its easy to avoid any group if they are large and consolidated in one place. People don't send scouts out no matter how bad they want to "find" fights. I have seen many times server A has a large group and a medium group attacking different objectives simultaneously, and server B just has one huge group stopping only one of these, over the course of 45 minutes an entire map can flip until it's just one thing left, garrison. Then there is the epic server A joins together and puts enormous  pressure on server B until one breaks. 

Unfortunately it's harder to come across this, as groups only seem to be the large or larger size, and smaller groups are almost extinct.

• Like 1

PPT and PPK could have the same goal. Winning the match. But right now there is zero incentive to win it. Under the old system it was often even detrimental because that meant you tiering up with the full cloud servers. 

Now if winning the match would be actually something player's strived for we wouldn't even distinguish between ppk and ppt because everyone would just fight to hold objectives. How you do that? You put best rewards and recognitions for guilds behind winning.

But be careful what you wish for. Because if winning the match would be something everyone strived for who do you think would be the winner? The most organised and big guilds with the best players. No matter what system is implemented players would find a way to do that. Either forming the biggest baddest alliance guild or by transferring whole guild or guilds to an empty server and stacking it to full. If you feel left out now, believe me, the gatekeeping would be much more strict. I've played mmorpgs where winning in large scale castle siege mode mattered. It was super fun! For the small subset of players that were hardcore enough to keep up. I was a teenager and had plenty of time and was actually able to keep up with the guild and was in top alliances. And there was only one way to play, the meta way. Now, as an adult, no way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/30/2024 at 3:09 AM, Java Jim.4675 said:

Well, we have now seen that it was not a good idea to integrate the alliance system. What do you think it would look like in the NFL if the players were shuffled every 8 weeks and played for different teams? Would they still be as passionate about winning the game? WvW is a team game and you can't reshuffle the teams. I think it's time for new developers for Anet. 

some of us said this would happen.

On 6/30/2024 at 9:09 AM, Java Jim.4675 said:

Well, we have now seen that it was not a good idea to integrate the alliance system.

I don't see any alliance _system_

There's no system.

I only see a guild wvw system.

An alliance system needs a much more extensive administration to manage several single guilds and possibly guildless players in a system with more fluctuation and free wvw guild choice.
That does not exist.
My old server community guild, which I was happy with, split up partly because of disputes over the lack of management options.

The world reconstruction came, with additional effort for guild administrators, but no tools were implemented that would be helpful.

The promise that the language preferences of the players would be respected has not been fulfilled either.
A bitter blow for all those for whom this is important.

• Like 6