Transferring Decorations from Guild Hall to Homesteading is a must.

Since their introduction in Heart of Thorns, Guild halls have been the only means of "base building." It was the only way for players to have a place to not only build decorations and use them in creative ways. But with it came great costs as the decorations were made with the mindset that it would be a 'group effort.' That is why many decorations require a ton of mats. This did not deter players who use single Guild Halls purely for decorating. I have accumulated many raid tokens to build silver/gold statues among other things to celebrate my successes throughout the game.

With the announcement and reveal of homesteading, all of my things at the guild hall are now essentially 'dead weight.' The only purpose of the GH to solo players was to decorate, as leveling the guild hall was the cost of one hundred gold sinks. If the developers do not give us the option to transfer any of our decorations into the Guild Hall, then I refuse to purchase this expansion. If they added a 'cost' towards transferring the decorations or making duplicates solely for the homestead, I would accept that. Please keep this topic bumped to help others.

Before you post, please read below my responses to what I have seen be the most common topics regarding the subject.

"Guild Halls will get the options Homesteading gives in a future update"

Not the main issue. GHs will still require way more mats and be more of a time and gold sink than Homesteading possibly could.

"Well, Guild Halls are just that. Its your fault for using it for a solo purpose."

As mentioned above, Guild Halls have been the only option for any kind of decorating since the first expansion. You could not decorate your home instance so this was your best you got as a solo.

"What about Guild Halls with actual guilds? Its not fair since the leaders could just take everything the whole guild has built and use it for themselves."

Well the way I see it, there are plenty of guilds that have been around for years. Would the leaders really throw it away just for their own personal homestead? For the sake of this argument let's assume it could happen. Well there are a couple of work arounds that I will answer in my last common response I hear:

"Transferring Decorations means the new mastery would be useless cause you can just move everything at once."

Definitely a big problem. I'd say the best solution is to add a limit, and for duplicates add an increasing cost to punish potential spammers. For example, I have 1 Deimos Gold Statue. I want to spend gold or whatever resource I can to be able to transfer this statue to the Homestead, OR I want to make a duplicate of it so that I have 1 in the GH and 1 in the Homestead. Because I only own 1 statue in the GH I am not allowed to dupe it anymore.

But what if you have two Deimos Gold Statues? The way I see it the best option would to be either keep the dupe or transfer limit at 1, or increase the amount of gold/currency it would take to transfer the same item to the Homestead.

My suggestions for guilds may not be the best as the primary issue is for the solo players, but anything you guys could add on can definitely help improve on my suggestions. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

I believe the Homestead pieces of decoration, despite the fact that many items will look identical to those available for Guild Halls, will have different item IDs in the database, since they belong to a different category of decoration. I don't see how these can be unified without the risk of severe issues occuring in the process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I believe the Homestead pieces of decoration, despite the fact that many items will look identical to those available for Guild Halls, will have different item IDs in the database, since they belong to a different category of decoration. I don't see how these can be unified without the risk of severe issues occuring in the process.

I do not see how this is an issue.

Edit: A lot of people are simply reacting with a 'confused' emote. This is rather rude. If you have any questions I'd be willing to answer.

Edited by LezardValeth.9453
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Items you invested into the guild hall is a gold sink. For the sake of the economy, I suggest the cost should stay sunk.

Please actually read my post instead of just reading the title and commenting, thank you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

I don't think we should be concerned with the idea of moving on to homesteads from our personal guild hall. I'd treat it like we have two homes.

However, I do agree that guild hall decorations cost too much. Even in large guilds, guild hall decorating tends to be a solo endeavor. People don't tend to trust just anyone with decorating and those who donate their resources tend to be higher up in the guild ranks. Most people only donate their boss kill trophies. Guild halls might end up being seen as lesser homesteads if the costs are just that much of a difference between the two. I can see why one would want to abandon ship.

• Thanks 1

I’d be willing to bet the number of players in this position is quite low so it’s not an issue that anet needs to solve.

As you pointed out yourself and attempted but failed to rebut, guildhalls are guildhalls and are meant for groups of players to contribute to together. They can be but are not specifically intended to be used as personal decorating spaces for solo players. You chose to invest in guildhalls at the risk that anet would add a specific space for solo decorating as they now have.

So anet may decide to cross gh decorations to homesteads, but I wouldn’t count on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I explained it in my response, unless you want even more stuff breaking in this game. 😉

Maybe you should watch the PC gamer video on homesteading and notice the stone head statue and the rainbow bridge are both decorations that are used in the guild hall. So yes, I fail to see your point.

6 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

I don't think we should be concerned with the idea of moving on to homesteads from our personal guild hall. I'd treat it like we have two homes.

However, I do agree that guild hall decorations cost too much. Even in large guilds, guild hall decorating tends to be a solo endeavor. People don't tend to trust just anyone with decorating and those who donate their resources tend to be higher up in the guild ranks. Most people only donate their boss kill trophies. Guild halls might end up being seen as lesser homesteads if the costs are just that much of a difference between the two. I can see why one would want to abandon ship.

Don't forget disbanding a guild pretty much makes everything stored in the guild hall is voided. I do get that my stuff from the hall won't disappear but the problem is too much of my accomplishment is there to simply just ditch it for a more simplistic area.

2 hours ago, Portico.2354 said:

I’d be willing to bet the number of players in this position is quite low so it’s not an issue that anet needs to solve.

As you pointed out yourself and attempted but failed to rebut, guildhalls are guildhalls and are meant for groups of players to contribute to together. They can be but are not specifically intended to be used as personal decorating spaces for solo players. You chose to invest in guildhalls at the risk that anet would add a specific space for solo decorating as they now have.

So anet may decide to cross gh decorations to homesteads, but I wouldn’t count on it.

Failed to rebut? There are plenty of of players who only used guild halls as a means to decorate, heck Quench even said so that ppl join solely just to decorate. How about you go back in time when Heart of Thorns released and let everyone know that in about 10 or so years homesteading will be announced? Get out with that noise. I want constructive criticism to help improve a good idea, not idiocy.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, LezardValeth.9453 said:

Maybe you should watch the PC gamer video on homesteading and notice the stone head statue and the rainbow bridge are both decorations that are used in the guild hall. So yes, I fail to see your point.

My response was so short, yet you still seem to have not read most of it. 😄 As I stated in my initial response: Just because it looks the same does not make it the same item ID in the database. Therefore, you will likely have to unluck the Homestead decoration pieces separately, even when most of them look identical to the Guild Hall pieces.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, LezardValeth.9453 said:

Failed to rebut? There are plenty of of players who only used guild halls as a means to decorate, heck Quench even said so that ppl join solely just to decorate. How about you go back in time when Heart of Thorns released and let everyone know that in about 10 or so years homesteading will be announced? Get out with that noise. I want constructive criticism to help improve a good idea, not idiocy

Yes. You failed to rebut because nothing you have said counters the fact that guildhalls are meant for guilds not for solos. Maybe there are plenty of players who join a guild to decorate but not many who invest all their gold to do it by themselves like you. Or do you have evidence of these numerous players? And invoking hot release does nothing to further your argument.

Clearly given your acerbic tone and lack of coherence in responding, you only created this post to whine about your self inflicted problems and pointlessly argue with everyone pointing out that it’s not a problem for the game it’s a problem for you. Your criticism is not constructive because as other people have pointed out porting guild decorations to homestead would create more problems than the tiny one it would solve.

• Thanks 3

I think it is a much fairer system to have everyone start from a level playing field, rather than a squabble over bringing over guild hall decoartions from guilds which essentially share the decorations between all. I get that the tiny number of solo guilds might feel a little put out starting afresh (I say this as a two person guild), but they're not actually losing anything. 

The idea is to promote interaction with the game. Taking what's already earned and putting it in a different instance is just transference. It's neither fair to those in multi person guilds nor does it promote playing the game. Plus it adds on a ton of work for the devs to identify who is a solo guild and who isn't

Keeping it all new is fairer, clearer and makes the most sense

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

On 7/8/2024 at 9:25 PM, LezardValeth.9453 said:

This did not deter players who use single Guild Halls purely for decorating. I have accumulated many raid tokens to build silver/gold statues among other things to celebrate my successes throughout the game.

As someone who has a solo guild hall for decoration himself, let me tell you: Guild Halls are not meant to be run by single persons. Whatever we invested/spent to decorate our guild hall, we did in on purpose and with the knowledge that everything is scaled for a lot of people.
In other words, we have no right to complain that we spent so much gold for it. We knew what we do and we did it anyways.

With the announcement and reveal of homesteading, all of my things at the guild hall are now essentially 'dead weight.'

Why do you think so?
Do you loose anything you bought/crafted in your guild hall when homesteads releases? No you don't.
Do you loose any "visitors"? As for me, not many players visited my private guild hall anyways. And it didn't matter because I decorated these things for me mainly.
Do the homesteads hinder you or any of your friends to visit your guild hall? No, you can still visit them as before and do everythink as before.

If the developers do not give us the option to transfer any of our decorations into the Guild Hall, then I refuse to purchase this expansion.

Yeah, those "threats" never work...
Have fun without the expansion.

As mentioned above, Guild Halls have been the only option for any kind of decorating since the first expansion.

It was not the only option to do everything solo though...

And I mean, if there is one chocolate bar you buy for years and then a second, similar chocolate bar comes out, you don't go to your super market and demand as many new bars as you bought old one over the yers, do you?
You bought the old ones, end of the story. It doesn't matter that a new options appears now, you did what you did.

And let's be honest, you wouldn't have spend all that gold for a solo guild hall if you hadn't fun with it.
In other words, you already got the value of what you payed for. You now literally demand decoratiosn worth hundreds of gold for free.

Would the leaders really throw it away just for their own personal homestead?

Some definitely would. And very few are already enough to make your idea so bad it shouldn't be in the game.

Best solution is simply adding guild hall crafting recipes to the homestead crafting profession.
Not giving any exisitng guild hall decorations to any player for their homesteads.

• Thanks 5