asura jump animation broken as of latest patch [Merged]

just wanted to get a post out there stating that, for at least the masculine model, the asura jump animation is broken (i didn't put this in the 'art' thread since that thread doesn't mention being for animation bugs)

here's how the bugged jumping animation looks

note that i am NOT rotating my character on purpose in that shot, either. the only key im pressing is space, and i press it a single time, three times for the video. no other keys, no double tapping, etc

the animation 'jerks' suddenly at the top of the animation, right before the character falls, and the character often rotates suddenly as this happens. if the character rotates, it suddenly corrects a milisecond after the character hits the ground. i tested this with a friend and both our asura, both masculine models, had this same issue and it was visible on both our screens.

it's a little jarring :")

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, ASH Nemo.7169 said:

I confirm this on norn and humans as well, probably all races are like this.

Can confirm sylvari and charr are also broken.

The animation seems to change for a split-second to the flailing animation characters go through when falling from high distances.

I have noticed that the jump in place animation registers your last move direction and it thinks that you are jumping in that direction.

For example if your last moving direction was right then you try to jump in place the animation will show the jump while moving right animation.

If your last moving direction before jumping in place was backwards it is not affected.

the bug appears to occur when you jump up and down without a direction, with your character suddenly facing either right or left depending on your last turn starting at the apex of your jump, and when you land, for a fraction of a second you are facing in the new direction, but then you face your pre jump direction.  this bug appears to not be expressed to others, and only appears client side...

On 7/17/2024 at 12:52 AM, ASH Nemo.7169 said:

I confirm this on norn and humans as well, probably all races are like this.

Indeed! Just tested it, @Rubi Bayer.8493. The characters make a brief turn halfway through the animation, like a stutter. It definitely looks broken.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

After the recent patch, whenever you jump in place your character will turn either left or right before returning to original position.
Hopefully this sees a fix soon!

EDIT:

I was blind not to see the same topic.
But yep, hopefully we see this fixed fast 🙂

Edited by Blur.3465
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to asura jump animation broken as of latest patch [Merged]

I'm not sure when this started, but I only noticed it last night. When jumping in place on a flat surface, the character will abruptly jolt backwards mid-jump. When jumping in place on a sloped surface, the character will abruptly face a different direction, and then will clip forward again a moment later. Jumping while running doesn't seem to be affected. Tested on male Human and male Sylvari.

Stationary jump on flat surface: https://imgur.com/S8wpteW
Stationary jump on sloped surface: https://imgur.com/3L92FsR

Edited by Toraseishin.1932
fixed link
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yes this is bugged for me as well. Also I think it might be related when you use Bond of Faith and attempt to strafe. Instead of the usual moving to the side your character turns. Here's a link for both vids I took. https://imgur.com/a/LcMIJCN

Btw, it happens also if you dismount while staying stationary.

Ok last edit. Just noticed if you strafe when in the air even when moving, your character turns toward the direction you're strafing. This shouldn't happen either.

Edited by gem.9038
Found it applies elsewhere

We were commenting on this last night in guild raids as there is a strafe version of this bug as well. The steps to reproduce are quite straightforward:

1. Strafe left or right
  2. Jump while stationary
  3. Notice the player model snap 90 degrees left or right, then land and snap back to the forward direction on landing (bug)

There's also a variation based on 45 degree movement:

1. Move forward-left or forward-right (also works for back-left/back-right)
  2. Jump while stationary
  3. Notice player model snap 45 degrees, then snap back to the forward direction on landing

Probably something introduced in Janthir (after being deployed on live for final testing) that has escaped into the current player version.

• Like 1