Rev hammer 4 and BSW.

16 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

@arazoth.7290

i also never managed to hit you from the back btw.  

But i always thought you just turn nice.   miight actually be bugged, now that i think about it.

These are 1v1's, a little harder yes. But I am talking about in teamfights and vindi getting +1'd killed. In these last 2 scenarios it's a lot more manageable to pull this off from the back/flanks. 

I turn nice, I am a ballerina cat 😺.

I mean if I see damage numbers when I hit others like this with shortbow/hammer projectiles while they have hammer, then I am not seeing it wrong. Idk why this should be different from other projectile abilties.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

how long is this on rev now for hammer and suddenly cry outs from every corner

It be like that every time something languishes for years then suddenly works

Also death drop is the problem, as 3-4k strikes after evades shouldn't be a viable retaliation for a strong ranged weapon like hammer, but anet has a habit of nerfing everything but the problem when forums get too excited so good luck

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
My phone loves autocorrecting incorrectly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Voodoo.3201 said:

The anti projectile field from rev is bugged too so u cant even shoot them in the back 🤷‍♂️

Just double tested to let other classes hit me in ffa in the back while this was up, just to double check if it wasn't only me being able to hit like that or not.

CONCLUSION: you're litarly lying here and spreading misinformation, because they all clearly were being able to damage while it was up. So if you want troll/spread misinformation do it somewhere else sindrener

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Just double tested to let other classes hit me in ffa in the back while this was up, just to double check if it wasn't only me being able to hit like that or not.

CONCLUSION: you're litarly lying here and spreading misinformation, because they all clearly were being able to damage while it was up. So if you want troll/spread misinformation do it somewhere else sindrener

Id never test that stuff in FFA. Some projectile blocks will outright just wont work in there. I know hammer for engi didnt work, dunno if they fixed that

6 minutes ago, Endo.1652 said:

Id never test that stuff in FFA. Some projectile blocks will outright just wont work in there. I know hammer for engi didnt work, dunno if they fixed that

It works upfront and from the sides/back not, where there is no projectile field. So it works/not buggy

12 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

It's a tiny field, not Omni directional, bsw was projectile denial this is only denial. There are enough ways to counter it, behind, on the side, going close enough that projectile doesn't work.

With this many counters there should be no right to complain even, this is litarly a skill issue...

I can't approach a Vindi, so I have to range it.  Getting to the other side of a field when your trying to keep out of dodge spam distance is not possible with my class, especially since they can ... you know turn.    The way to do that against holo is get close and run through them, and then run back etc.... you do that to a vindi and I literally last a second.  

So holo you can deal with.... vindi no way getting close is going to get you anything but dead on my class.   

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zekent.3652 said:

This game has way too much projectile hate.

Let's start fixing these 2 things.

I think projectile hate in pvp is actually overall really fine and this is coming from point of view when I don't play hammer btw, but shortbow.

Projectile hate in WvW is something else, but would be a disaster there if it lacked ir same time

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hear me out: Undo the unblockable nerf.

Blocks should be balanced better (less access in cases where its overly chain able) but counted on to block.   Or when blocking you should not be able to attack, as another balance option. Unblockable should not be a thing, it's a cludge.

IF there were to be unblockables, they should all glow the same colour and be really evident with a common idendifiable graphic across all unblockables that they are so.  Playing guess the unblockable in a team fight is silly.

On 7/23/2024 at 4:34 PM, shion.2084 said:

Blocks should be balanced better (less access in cases where its overly chain able) but counted on to block.   Or when blocking you should not be able to attack, as another balance option. Unblockable should not be a thing, it's a cludge.

You should never be able to passively generate aegis. You should only be able to block attacks via weapon skills attached to a shield IMO. This would make shields much more valuable as a defensive tool if they had reduced cooldowns.

As it stands, every profession has access to aegis in one way or another, and some (stares with contempt at guardians) just have way too much of it. Its almost a requirement to have multi hitting skills to burn through the vile aegis spam.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/25/2024 at 4:34 PM, Shagie.7612 said:

Ele also has Arcane Shield, if they choose to run it, which is for all intents and purposes 3 stacks of Aegis.
Cata has it from Spectacular Sphere.

spectacular sphere! right.😉

Edited by Sahne.6950

Didn't the French team just win with 3 Revenants?
2 bunker Vindicators and 1 Renegade using Kalla for damage.

It's interesting how Renegade ended up being better for damage.
Or maybe that isn't exactly it, since it took hammer instead of Shortbow. Yeah.
And the 3 of them took shield, yay soto weapon unlocks.

So just address that kitten already before you kitten up Herald down the road as well.
Summary:
Great damage at all ranges; melee to 1200u range.
1# No longer slow. Hits hard enough.
2# Non-Projectile ranged cleave.
3# Long evade.
4# Instant anti-projectile wall with Aegis, the damage part is the only thing with a cast time.
5# refreshes #2
Again, I'd just address #4. Then possibly #5 and #1.
Shortbow has no point atm, but meme condi builds. But that is not my main complaint:

We are never getting Power Herald back. Because as long as it's playable with hammer it will be fine now.
Playing a full melee build vs range has no comparison. The gameplay is not even close to being similar.
Full melee builds are not supposed to be a thing in this MMO I guess. All the risk / mid reward.
It's all about ranged zoning with fields of vomit.

However, maybe that final game isn't the best example of anything.
They also took a Strength Spellbreaker. And balancing the game around a single team and a single game is asinine.
But maybe get ready for the next reign of terror with 3 Renegades per team if they kitten up Vind/revenant again with balance (wrong nerfs/buffs).

Anyway, just waiting for the next balance preview or big patch to decide if I'm buying their dlc, then I'll see if I take a break again (since no one can really quit). Not fun.

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1