trebs catas

i think is time having regard that now walls and doors can be downed in 1 minute trebuche and cata should be not have so much time on them to turn to defend. Shorter that time anet make it insta. Thanks

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Damage and cost for catas hasn’t changed and everyone still use that the same as before.

Also walls and doors going down in 1 minute lol. What kind of slow commander do you have?

Rush smc t3 under 1min while owners preoccupied with ogre siege to get that weekly is goal for enemy team for last 6 weeks. 

Not all could take Takeshi castle but many tried, it's crazy how fast walls fall when they really want it 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, meme.9652 said:

i think is time having regard that now walls and doors can be downed in 1 minute trebuche and cata should be not have so much time on them to turn to defend. Shorter that time anet make it insta. Thanks

Most likely a skill issue. based on this "post" assume you are one of those people that build a gate cata over a treb and think they are helping. I am sorry but a gate cata is useless. You do not do damage to the rams, the players can just get on the back of the rams to not get knocked off. I suggest you turn on combat log and go through it. You will see no damage done to the rams while compared to a gate treb that knocks people off at a bigger radius, does damage to rams ontop of cowing the zerg.

I get the confusion, you have a lot of people at the time with servers (mostly DB bots) think gate catas do something. I am sorry you had to learn this way that they do not.

Imagine building catas in this day and age. This is the age of the treb!

But yea it also helps if you have scouts on the map, and not bots that randomly ping objective names every now and then. Like yesterday we needed to send a zerg to defend hills because nobody used the cannon that would have stopped the attack. If the players on your map are like this, it is no surprise why everything seems to be broken into so fast.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2024 at 4:58 AM, meme.9652 said:

noop

On 7/24/2024 at 4:42 PM, Twilightzone.7452 said:

Most likely a skill issue. based on this "post" assume you are one of those people that build a gate cata over a treb and think they are helping. I am sorry but a gate cata is useless. You do not do damage to the rams, the players can just get on the back of the rams to not get knocked off. I suggest you turn on combat log and go through it. You will see no damage done to the rams while compared to a gate treb that knocks people off at a bigger radius, does damage to rams ontop of cowing the zerg.

I get the confusion, you have a lot of people at the time with servers (mostly DB bots) think gate catas do something. I am sorry you had to learn this way that they do not.

On 7/24/2024 at 6:10 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Imagine building catas in this day and age. This is the age of the treb!

But yea it also helps if you have scouts on the map, and not bots that randomly ping objective names every now and then. Like yesterday we needed to send a zerg to defend hills because nobody used the cannon that would have stopped the attack. If the players on your map are like this, it is no surprise why everything seems to be broken into so fast.

You two lol. The OP was asking for options to turn siege faster. I agree players setting appropriate siege is a better thing, but even my slow kitten can turn faster than cats and trebs in game. +1 from me, its over nerfed on turn speed.

37 minutes ago, benlikespie.5148 said:

Hi Meme (Heartoflight), this is the harbi that just killed you in wvw, you cried with messages then blocked me, just saying hi and also to let you know its just a game 🙂

Hi Ben, welcome to the forums, and what do you want to add to the conversation of turning speed of siege? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I assume you meant nope. So why for since turning speed would help both attackers and defenders? Want to share more of the why?

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Hi Ben, welcome to the forums, and what do you want to add to the conversation of turning speed of siege? 

Nothing thanks, I purely came here to find someone that spammed me after I killed them wvw and then blocked me so I couldn't even respond (in a nice way), on the siege note, if we want to make the game even more unrealistic then sure we should speed up the rotation, but I like the fact that catas and trebs take longer to turn, they are old and heavy machines, if we create a new Inquest WvW where we use laser trebs and catas against steel cyber punk walls then I am all up for whizzing things up. Also, in general, the game is about numbers of defenders and attackers, not about the siege, its easy to defend still with fewer numbers so I don't see why we need to make defence easier, I think it's pretty well balanced the way it is.

On 7/24/2024 at 4:58 AM, meme.9652 said:

why do you need to turn the treb/cata? wouldn't you just place them already in the right direction? while trying to place the siege you can hold down left mouse button and rotate the siege to your liking.