EU WvW reset messed up beyond all recognition

11 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

So it is clear that there is a lot to fix and a lot that is not working, so my question again, why not add back the servers until it have been fixed so that EU have some WvW to play and devs have more time to figure out why it all is broken.

In software development some things can only be tested in real-world conditions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I can play WvW with 5 of my accounts that chose a team earlier on but two of my other accounts that did not choose a team before the first time Anet restarted WvW today cannot join any wvw team or any wvw map.

If I press "b" it says "WvW information is not visible from dungeons, instances, and overflow maps. Travel to WvW  to participate."

When I try to use the Lion's Arch WvW Portals it comes with a network error message.

The two accounts affected are Swoo III.5287 and Swoo IV.1970.

Edited by Swoo.5079

• ArenaNet Staff
38 minutes ago, Nidome.1365 said:

Team creation didn't work correctly for anyone in my guild.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Once the problems are fixed will you be re-running team creation and resetting the MU?

The answer to that depends on what the core issue is and what the fix is, which is what the team is working on right now. We do not intend to leave people on the wrong teams, it's just a question of how that will be accomplished.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Jaruselka.5943 said:

In software development some things can only be tested in real-world conditions.

Well EU did not get a reset and most of us could not even enter and those that could played with 4 teams, red, blue and green and white. White was invuln to all damage so was the lord and the white team could ress the lord in SM over and over and over and over and over and noone could stop them. Mean while the tab flipped between old server names to new server names but it remained locked for most of us to join and our teamchat included old and new worlds.  If you are on NA now you know what you have to look forward to at your reset.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The answer to that depends on what the core issue is and what the fix is, which is what the team is working on right now. We do not intend to leave people on the wrong teams, it's just a question of how that will be accomplished.

Really appreciate your updates!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaruselka.5943 said:

I hear this from time to time in my job from fellow developers who want to save themselves the effort of testing.

But even if this can apply to a small part/remainder of software under certain circumstances - core functions and backend functions must always be developed in a testable manner and be testable.

But we don't know the cause yet. It doesn't have to be a software error. Other system/DB failures or other human error could also be the cause. Let's wait and see.

• Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Mauti.3520 said:

Selected Mirror of Lyssa. Played as Mirror of Lyssa.
Now I am suddenly Blue and with Melandru's Dome.

That is part of the bug, you are not suppose to be able to select your world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

so, I logged in, after seeing the announcement. Now I am on a completely different team and everything I and my guildmates did earlier was a waste of time.

Questions: 

was this the last time, that you ABUSED EU as NA guinea pigs?

will there be an apology for screwing us over - again?

will there be compensation for ruining reset?

will arenanet admit utter failure of the unwanted restructuring and return to servers ASAP?

And please elaborate every time you answer 'no'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Honestly you can put as many updates as like you have but the issues are still very much a thing... why have I and my guild mates gone from playing Kormir's Library to now find us put on Palawadan.

Add to that you have deleted 3 teams from the EU matchup totally... now looks like ANET have done this to mask the fact they have pushed all those players to increase populations. In fact this whole new WR just now feels like a mask to hide the fact ANET didn't want to actually force close original servers as populations dwindled and just randomised their names to this current mess.

Well if ANET wanted to kill the gamemode, they have certainly got that much right for sure, cos I cant see how this iteration of the mode is going to keep players motivated anymore... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Hopefully it is fixed now.

@Anet: when the dust has settled, it would be nice to know what went wrong and perhaps what you had to do to fix it. Any additional information on when the scoring will return to that planned scoring that was intended to go live last reset would be helpful also.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mauti.3520 said:

Selected Mirror of Lyssa. Played as Mirror of Lyssa.
Now I am suddenly Blue and with Melandru's Dome.

Same here, I am on Domain of ANguish now, with the same groups we used to farm last matchup. Help.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Adzekul.3104 said:

Hopefully it is fixed now.

@Anet: when the dust has settled, it would be nice to know what went wrong and perhaps what you had to do to fix it. Any additional information on when the scoring will return to that planned scoring that was intended to go live last reset would be helpful also.

We already know what went wrong: the whole system is BS. It avoids to face the real issues that WvW been suffering for years.

• Like 3