A PETITION TO QUIT WVW IF SERVER PLAY DOESNT COME BACK

We cant make connections, negative.

We are constantly placed against wvw guild negative,

they didnt tell us that we had to reselect guild EVERY relink, negative.

make the content dead, rob their pockets further.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

13 hours ago, euts.1683 said:

You don't have to reselect your wvw guild every reset unless you unselected it. You can tag as your normal guild without selecting it for wvw as long as the "alliance" guild remains selected as your wvw guild and remain with everyone. There are glitches where payers end up on the wrong team. Out 400+ we only had 44 not on the right team t his time and we did not have to reselect our wvw guild(where the little castle is on your Guild panel) because we never changed it during the last link. We have about half the non-team ones back so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

The whole thing is just complete crap. Restructuring what the fudge that even means when there seems to be absolutely zero structure or plan in this whole project? 

The old system was not perfect but atleast i knew the people i was playing with and knew what was going on. Now this new "structuring" is like constantly playing a new game with everyone running around like chickens that have their head cut off and the balance is exactly the same crap show as it was before the new system except now its just complete chaos with commanders being not shown so nobody knows what the heck is going on.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

On 8/3/2024 at 6:31 AM, euts.1683 said:

they didn´t tell us because WE DON'T HAVE TO reselect every time. 

the only thing that happened was that players were assigned wrong (especially on EU this was massively bugged), but your claim is factually false. 

and if you never selected a guild to begin with..... that's your own fault, we all knew from the very beginning when the deadlines expire, and it´s even displayed inGame. 

so...... the only blame you can put on ANet is not getting the system working right

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Already did quit. Haven´t logged in for three weeks basically. Came online after reshuffle, noticed that i got again rolled onto a dead server with barely any players. Played WvW since the release with breaks here and there and this is literally the worst iteration of this game mode by far. Wont logging anymore until they come up with anything decent. 

Edited by lindstroem.3601
  • Like 18
  • Confused 2

On 8/4/2024 at 4:08 AM, Custodio.6134 said:

they didn´t tell us because WE DON'T HAVE TO reselect every time. 

the only thing that happened was that players were assigned wrong (especially on EU this was massively bugged), but your claim is factually false. 

and if you never selected a guild to begin with..... that's your own fault, we all knew from the very beginning when the deadlines expire, and it´s even displayed inGame. 

so...... the only blame you can put on ANet is not getting the system working right

No, we actually do have to reselect. We should be able to change our guildtags when roaming, without it being an issue, some people do that in wvw often just because of guild active times. That should have no effect on the relink. They gave us a WVW GUILD slot, it should be separate from the others. But thats fine, my other complaints still stand. Theirs no structure. This kitten sucks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, euts.1683 said:

No, we actually do have to reselect.

What are you talking about? Unless you want to make a CHANGE to your selected WvW-guild you do NOT have to reselect your guild every time team rebuilding happens. Your selection persists. 

2 hours ago, euts.1683 said:

We should be able to change our guildtags when roaming, without it being an issue, some people do that in wvw often just because of guild active times. That should have no effect on the relink.

That's REPRESENTING a guild, which is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT thing. And what you are "asking" for is ALREADY exactly like that. 

If you think that selecting a different guild or representing a different one mid-season does anything.... Sorry to burst your bubble, but it does do absolutely nothing. You cannot change your team mid-season.

The discussion is about selecting a WvW-guild, the one thing you have to do I order to get sorted into a team based on your guild, NOT about representing a guild. Representing does absolutely nothing on that part, you can represent whatever you want (nothing even) yet have a WvW guild selected for team building. Both things are completely unrelated 

Edited by Custodio.6134
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, euts.1683 said:

No, we actually do have to reselect. We should be able to change our guildtags when roaming, without it being an issue, some people do that in wvw often just because of guild active times. That should have no effect on the relink. They gave us a WVW GUILD slot, it should be separate from the others. But thats fine, my other complaints still stand. Theirs no structure. This kitten sucks.

You are confusing 2 different issues, and it weakens your entire argumentation that you are getting this wrong. This might explain in some cases why players think they have selected a guild for WvW restructuring, while only selecting it for representation (which does not mean the system hasn't been buggy).

Selecting a guild which you represent, aka the tag which is shown, is not the same as selecting a WvW guild for world restructuring purposes. You select a guild to represent via the checkbox on the left of the guilds name. This can be done at any time.

The way you select a WvW guild for world restructuring purposes is done via the "Set as WvW Guild" box below all the guild slots. The thus selected guild now has a tower to the right of its name. Your selected guild for world restructuring remains active and valid until you change it and is thus not necessary to be checked again unless you want to change it.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 4:39 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

You'd think that when the "Set as WvW" button got added to the guild panel, anyone looking at that panel in order to change their representation would notice the shiny new thing...

The majority of WvW players are not in established WvW guilds.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

i made a post 2yrs ago, i will link it here.
i basically said exactly that we would get a situation like we have now.
i got sooo much "hate" from ppl telling me i would not understand the system and such.
now here we are. no alliance system, no proper matchmaking. having xfers even after matchmaking to make the mess even more unbalanced. g fkn g
last month, i made a last post in said thread, basically a "i told you yrs before" and my thread got locked a day after my last post. wonder why.

here is the "old" thread i created:

plz anet, give server system back so we can feel like communities again. then work on balancing the server populations and linkings.
what we have now is absolut unfun and ripped of most fun content out of wvw. i find the worst aspect to it the loss of all the relationships that were crafted and established by just being together, knowing eachother, knowing what to expect from what server, what guilds are where, who the commanders are and so on...

this is sad

Edited by Tenga.5867
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

I'd not only be happy to sign the petition.  I'm tired of being on terrible teams in WVW - I mean, apallingly bad.  The WVW guilds refuse to let anyone join them, so there's no hope of ever being on a competent team.  Why should I even play?  Anet can put a bunch of bots in there for the WVW guilds to beat up on.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

The majority of WvW players are not in established WvW guilds.

What does that have to do with being able to tell the difference between guild rep and guild for wvw? There's two different buttons on the same panel.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2024 at 4:46 AM, Scolix.4879 said:

The whole thing is just complete crap. Restructuring what the fudge that even means when there seems to be absolutely zero structure or plan in this whole project? 

The old system was not perfect but atleast i knew the people i was playing with and knew what was going on. Now this new "structuring" is like constantly playing a new game with everyone running around like chickens that have their head cut off and the balance is exactly the same crap show as it was before the new system except now its just complete chaos with commanders being not shown so nobody knows what the heck is going on.

It's almost like it's new and has to improve over time...

And let's not act like the old system didn't have completely terrible servers.

• Confused 6

19 minutes ago, Jjaded.1062 said:

It's almost like it's new and has to improve over time...

And let's not act like the old system didn't have completely terrible servers.

Nobody is denying that the old system wasn't perfect, and I was part of one of the servers who used to swing between being populated and not so populated, but at least there was a core community who would keep things together, since returning from a long break I've only seen a constant decline of players in today's WvW, imbalanced teams and almost nobody commanding anymore. There's no communication between people except trolling and constant insults thrown back and forth.

WvW is no longer a welcoming place and in less than a week since returning I've already begun to attend less. It's truly a sad sight to behold.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Erathiel.9318 said:

Nobody is denying that the old system wasn't perfect, and I was part of one of the servers who used to swing between being populated and not so populated, but at least there was a core community who would keep things together, since returning from a long break I've only seen a constant decline of players in today's WvW, imbalanced teams and almost nobody commanding anymore. There's no communication between people except trolling and constant insults thrown back and forth.

WvW is no longer a welcoming place and in less than a week since returning I've already begun to attend less. It's truly a sad sight to behold.

If you wanted to keep that core community simply create or join a guild and "Set as WvW Guild". I personally have enjoyed restructuring with a guild and as a solo. I'm sorry that you haven't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

This is what alot of players were warning bout regarding that the WR would kill off wvw community along with roaming which it has. Some of the past "links" ive been in after WR dropped, have been overly pathetic since you dont have enough players during the daytime hrs to defend much of anything vs a monoblob/zerg. So most of your side just lets the zerg cap everything and just back cap. WHERES THE FUN IN THAT HUH DUMB ANET? thought this would make better fights and encounters. it does nothing of that sort and has resorted to simply pirateshiping. One side caps everything, maybe gets it to t3, then otherside caps everything without any resistance after Side A did alot of work gettin their structures tiered up so they'd be defendable not to mention sieging it it up which ends up being a complete waste of time, effort and supply due to walls gettin nerfed, tactics got nerfed, siege got nerfed, supply depots got huge nerfed where everything bout wvw was completely fine till these bozo devs decided on changing it cause they were either bored or wanted to satisfy the upper brass on a change quota. Servers were fine, the mag playstyle was the only prob which should of been addresssed since alot of other servers were using it and should of been either banned or deleted based on changes. Not to mention all the hacks that still exist where a thief or ele can port into keeps or towers and steal a structure without any call out or resistance. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Erathiel.9318 said:

I think your better bet is to find a community guild. Even if they bring servers back that could be quite a while since they decided to go open beta. It's like a company saying early access. It means they are going to be doing this for a few years in the least. 

Sides will be stacking various time zones, no doubt there. During prime I wouldn't be surprised with more invis tags, which may need to be addressed down the road based on various factors. Are there still pugmanders? We are only 2 sorts in, but while floating and watching this, yes they are still out there, and new ones are showing up as we go. So it will take time for players to sort or de-sort as things do or don't work out in various groups. Do I miss servers, yes, but you need to do you for now. Find like minded players and link up if floating isn't for you. If not in a mind to do so, go with the Fight Club meme and find lots of single serving friends and enjoy the ride as you go. 

Good hunting and I might see you at the crossroads as we go!

-Grimm

• Like 1
  • Confused 3