Janthir Wilds' Kodan bingo

Janthir Wilds is coming soon, let's place bets about what to expect!
Be it positive or negative things, share what you think will happen in the maps, the story, in homesteads or in the new mastery tracks.
I'll go first (rip Ted).

Okay, let's go... I'll keep it short.
- Smooth release with no maintenance, I have to say it because GW2 is quite unique in this regard.
- A return of what made GW2 maps special.
- A mastery to be able to open Kodan Caches and... another mastery to be able to open Great Kodan Caches!
- More comms spam, I swear if this happens I could ask for a refund.
- Doors everywhere.
- HP sponge raid bosses.
- The return of renown hearts.

More controversial:
- The introduction of a paid reward track in the Wizard's Vault.

Edited by Futa.4375
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Futa.4375 said:

- Smooth release with no maintenance, I have to say it because GW2 is quite unique in this regard.

I always forget this is unusual until we get to the point about a week before release when new players start asking what the maintenance times will be, how much down-time to expect, what the queues will be like to get in etc. I think some of them don't believe until it happens that they won't have to worry about any of that and the worst that will happen is periodically having to relog to pick up a new build.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Futa.4375 said:

A return of what made GW2 maps special.

You aren't getting this because Skyscale ruined map exploration, even the map designs themselves simple having to account for it.

39 minutes ago, Futa.4375 said:

Doors everywhere.

Yup, and the reason why you can see doors from people you aren't in a party with is because they'll wanna sell door skins later on, but no one would buy those if other people can't see them, so there you go enjoy.

41 minutes ago, Futa.4375 said:

Janthir Wilds' Kodan bingo

I bet the Kodan will be a bunch of hippies, put that in the bingo card.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

The no maintenance bit really stood out to me. Historically ANet has done a fantastic job of managing updates, releases, etc. It is perfectly reasonable to expect downtime for a large patch in an MMO and the fact that they have avoided this is impressive to me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2024 at 6:32 AM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

I bet the Kodan will be a bunch of hippies, put that in the bingo card.

I thought that the regular Kodan were stoics.

Do stoics become hippies when they live in an island paradise with no hardships to endure?

I have never met a former stoic so I don't know.

6 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

Hordes of players stacking on ideal spots to try to get 'max jumps' out of their warclaws. Warclaws. Warclaws everywhere. Everywhere ! ! !

Those stacking jumps look very goofy, but they have potatial to make Springers obsolete for those that do not have a Skyscale already. I wonder how many open world uses there will be for the chain pull (e.g. to open chests, doors, cave entrances etc.)
If Warclaws replace Skyscales in JAW maps, there is a small window of hope, that there will be less visual noise (flapping particle wings, hovering), but only stacking jumps on Warclaws does not have a big visual effect.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

I thought that the regular Kodan were stoics.

Do stoics become hippies when they live in an island paradise with no hardships to endure?

I have never met a former stoic so I don't know.

1. How are the Janthir Isles in any way an "island paradise"? It seems more like a "beautiful hell on earth" to me.

2. There are two kinds of stoicism. The first can cope with a lot and still feel emotions normally they just feel no need to respond to them. These are the people who are mentally healthy. The second kind will ignore all emotions to remain stoic. They're the ones who devolve into a mess the moment an emotion is too strong for them to ignore. People like this have extremely poor mental health. The ordinary Kodan we know are this because the moment an emotion is overwhelming they do like Jedis and join the Dark Side.

Edited by Malus.2184

On 8/9/2024 at 5:48 AM, Futa.4375 said:

Janthir Wilds is coming soon, let's place bets about what to expect!
Be it positive or negative things, share what you think will happen in the maps, the story, in homesteads or in the new mastery tracks.
I'll go first (rip Ted).

Okay, let's go... I'll keep it short.
- A return of what made GW2 maps special.
- A mastery to be able to open Kodan Caches and... another mastery to be able to open Great Kodan Caches!
- More comms spam, I swear if this happens I could ask for a refund.
- Doors everywhere.
- HP sponge raid bosses.
- The return of renown hearts.

More controversial:
- The introduction of a paid reward track in the Wizard's Vault.

Ya, a paid reward track won't ever happen, they said so themself.