Chrono sup has way too much of everything, it needs a good shave

Block, invuln, dodges, perma reflect on the node, cc, billions boons, gigachad ultra big heal, complete reset with f5 and ... damage, yes damage, when you throw things that can hit 3k+, it does damage.. not bursty tho, but still some little dmg.
Idk, I am no mesmer main, I don't even play support so I couldn't tell exactly what should be nerfed, but it seems chrono sup has waay way way way too much of an impact. It over shines so much others supports that they are completly irrelevant cause how busted this spec can be. Chrono sup is way too hard to kill for the impact he can have...

We're to the point that, if you don't have chrono sup in your team, and your team does... well, it's a gg next in 80% of the time.

Do you even remember why people used to hate chrono bunker so much before that? Well, now this is even worse, cause they can 0-100 his allys in 2sec and never die if properly played.

Chrono supp needs to be balanced accordingly with other sup, and not beeing an immortal god that can do everything idk

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, notamain.2839 said:

Just let us play a fun support. Noone wants to play core support guard. That kitten is boring as hell.

I do understand, 100%, but problem is in this game, usually, fun=completly busted, and no fun to fight for others people

Edited by whooot.5784
  • Confused 2

Rev support doesn't do a bad job vs chrono from what ive experianced, the amount of CC you can put out procs a lot of demon queen on the chorno/team. From my perspective playing that, the chrono could not win if his dps are worse than mine, so it seems no different to any other solo support in that way. The only time chrono has stood out is when it was in a p1-2 duo, and ive only seen that 2 or 3 times this season, its not a fair assessment on the spec, its duo. Ive also only seen about 6 or 7 solo chronos, in around 450 games. Maybe there have been more than that and I didn't notice, but that kinde goes to show the point.

Maybe if I seen more I would change my mind, but its so rare ill side with it being not broken till then.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Rev support doesn't do a bad job vs chrono from what ive experianced, the amount of CC you can put out procs a lot of demon queen on the chorno/team. From my perspective playing that, the chrono could not win if his dps are worse than mine, so it seems no different to any other solo support in that way. The only time chrono has stood out is when it was in a p1-2 duo, and ive only seen that 2 or 3 times this season, its not a fair assessment on the spec, its duo. Ive also only seen about 6 or 7 solo chronos, in around 450 games. Maybe there have been more than that and I didn't notice, but that kinde goes to show the point.

Maybe if I seen more I would change my mind, but its so rare ill side with it being not broken till then.

Remove duo in ranked, would solve many problems in ranked...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, notamain.2839 said:

If you call making five steps back to do one forward a solution. Surely it is a solution that will help the game (not).

nobody is listening to ur bias abuse of duo queue defending. Didn't even have to read yours to know it when am writing this atm

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

How much does demon queen relic hurt Chrono in comparison to other supports, especially Tempest/Guardian?  I feel like sometimes it doesn't even need as much healing because it just pollutes the point completely with permanent reflects and has Spb levels of block/invuln frames on top. But I only have experience with the aforementioned specs and not really as much with Chrono heals, so I wonder how much it does rely on raw heals (if a lot then yeah Demon Queen is the counter).

• Like 1

Guard support goes down with unblockables and CCs... Chrono support also does, but slower. Tbh I generally dont like supports in conquest, so I might be disliking chrono support just based on that.

Edited by Hotride.2187

3 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

Hmm 🤔 you have a point, Chrono having 'dodges' is definitely overkill, we should ask anet to remove it from the spec.

When a class is close to be perma vigor, +energy sigil on weapon swap, + has access to multiple block, and on top of that, multiple invuln frame + perma refletc, yeah all thoses things combined make the thing disgustingly op ... Stop pretending it's not, you're definitly biased here

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

When a class is close to be perma vigor, +energy sigil on weapon swap, + has access to multiple block, and on top of that, multiple invuln frame + perma refletc, yeah all thoses things combined make the thing disgustingly op ... Stop pretending it's not, you're definitly biased here

Biased ? @_@ I don't play sup Chrono though, or mes at all in rank lately, while I enjoy power mirage it's just not fun with all the axe thief around .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

How much does demon queen relic hurt Chrono in comparison to other supports, especially Tempest/Guardian?  I feel like sometimes it doesn't even need as much healing because it just pollutes the point completely with permanent reflects and has Spb levels of block/invuln frames on top. But I only have experience with the aforementioned specs and not really as much with Chrono heals, so I wonder how much it does rely on raw heals (if a lot then yeah Demon Queen is the counter).

All supports depend on a combination of raw healing, resolotion/protection/blocks etc etc, to varying degree. Every time I CC/interupt I apply poison to all CCd and steal a boon, this really fks with peoples sustain at around the 20 second mark of fights <usually when stab/stun break attrition sets in>. Anquish is also a very underated group fight ability as it also regularly pulls in pets/clones etc for cleaves. It isnt that simple ofc, being focused makes it difficult for me, or when people don't follow changing targets so our lack of focused DPS fails to overwhelm the support.

Unfortunately a lot of DPS get lock jaw, and will chase kills rather than swapping target to dominate the point/area, killing anybody stupid enough to not leave under heavy pressure. When people followed this, I do remember a mid fight where the only one left on point was the chrono, the rest had been killed/chased off, and then the chrono tried to tank it but had to leave, and we capped. We still had a kill chaser or two, but we had enough left to zone them out. You don't have to kill the chrono, or any support, just give him nothing to support and hes useless (thats exactly why I play hybrid, to not be useless in that situation). With the wide MMR range you can usually find a weak link dps who crumbles under pressure, its not always a case of "primary X spec" in every situation. Weak dps will cumble even with support, I know that from primarying them and watching them crumble, and also from trying to support such a dps who got primaried.

Edited by Flowki.7194

19 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

All supports depend on a combination of raw healing, resolotion/protection/blocks etc etc, to varying degree. Every time I CC/interupt I apply poison to all CCd and steal a boon, this really fks with peoples sustain at around the 20 second mark of fights <usually when stab/stun break attrition sets in>. Anquish is also a very underated group fight ability as it also regularly pulls in pets/clones etc for cleaves. It isnt that simple ofc, being focused makes it difficult for me, or when people don't follow changing targets so our lack of focused DPS fails to overwhelm the support.

Unfortunately a lot of DPS get lock jaw, and will chase kills rather than swapping target to dominate the point/area, killing anybody stupid enough to not leave under heavy pressure. When people followed this, I do remember a mid fight where the only one left on point was the chrono, the rest had been killed/chased off, and then the chrono tried to tank it but had to leave, and we capped. We still had a kill chaser or two, but we had enough left to zone them out. You don't have to kill the chrono, or any support, just give him nothing to support and hes useless (thats exactly why I play hybrid, to not be useless in that situation). With the wide MMR range you can usually find a weak link dps who crumbles under pressure, its not always a case of "primary X spec" in every situation. Weak dps will cumble even with support, I know that from primarying them and watching them crumble, and also from trying to support such a dps who got primaried.

I can't resist; I love how your rhetoric suddenly becomes nuanced when you're talking about support specs.

He's right though.

Let people play support, your tactic should be seperating them from their glassies and then killing the glassies. Chrono cant solo tank point and it's slow. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, whooot.5784 said:

Perma reflect? Can you elaborate, I can see way to make it somewhat spammable with right traits and evades to trigger it, but I seem to be missing on how to make it perma, especially on sup chrono config

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

literally just rework signet of illusions so that it restores a flat amount (idk, 20s) instead of 100% to every shatter. I promise, a support chronomancer losing the magical resets to invuln\cleanse\healing\stab is going down.

I like you very much my bruh, you advocating for mesmer nerf, and defending thief, please I want a child from you, I'll let you plow my wife and I'll raise your son like my own!

• Like 1