What are the benefits of Pre-order

Hi!

Pretty much the title.

for SOTO you at least got that cool looking wizards hat. Now, I am not that tempted to get the pre-order. Just wait and see whether my toons have any good Spear builds and maybe buy later when more story chapters are added.

🤷‍♂️

• Confused 5

Afaik it is mainly the title and that 1 cosmetic item (skin) - seem like they did it with previous preorder boni the same. (And a weapon chest of weapons that will a few silver at the TP later after release.) Seems - according to wiki - that older stuff did not get re-released (as with for example the coffee emote that was exclusive to a promotion). So those titles and skins will stay exclusive (for now).

• Like 1

You can wait and see if you want. Preordering is more than just for the rewards, so if the expansion features don't interest you and you don't want to play at launch then that's that.

If you are interested in player housing, the homestead materials appear to have a daily cooldown system implemented. That is probably the only thing that looked like it would bother me if I wanted to wait it out.

24 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Afaik it is mainly the title and that 1 cosmetic item (skin) - seem like they did it with previous preorder boni the same. (And a weapon chest of weapons that will a few silver at the TP later after release.) Seems - according to wiki - that older stuff did not get re-released (as with for example the coffee emote that was exclusive to a promotion). So those titles and skins will stay exclusive (for now).

ah.. I completely missed this. I was checking only comparison between Standard/Deluxe/Ultimate. But somewhere they wrote that "

Prepurchase before the game launches on August 20, 2024, to receive the "Homesteader" title, the Whispering Serpents Pauldrons Skin, and a box with your choice of one Serpent's Wrath weapon skin."

Thanks 🙂

• Confused 3

The big benefit of pre-ordering is that you have time to overcome the guilt of the purchase. So if the expansion turns out to be a flop you can say that when you ordered it and from what the devs had shown you it seemed like the best thing of the world. 😁

Spoiler

And instead they will have betrayed you once again. And the only way you will have to cheer yourself up will be to buy the new warclaw skin bundle that will be released 12 hours later. 🤬

Edited by ilMasa.2546
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, RagiNagi.1802 said:

Hi!

Pretty much the title.

for SOTO you at least got that cool looking wizards hat. Now, I am not that tempted to get the pre-order. Just wait and see whether my toons have any good Spear builds and maybe buy later when more story chapters are added.

🤷‍♂️

Apparently this: 

Prepurchase before the game launches on August 20, 2024, to receive the "Homesteader" title, the Whispering Serpents Pauldrons Skin, and a box with your choice of one Serpent's Wrath weapon skin.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en-us/janthir-wilds?tab=0

I know, nobody reads the second paragraph 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important note: based on previous expansions the Serpent's Wrath weapon set will almost certainly be a standard one widely available in JW and therefore cheap on the TP within a month or two of the expansion coming out. (Pre-ordering SotO got you an Eagle Eye weapon skin, EoD gave a Flame Serpent weapon skin, and PoF gave an Elonian weapon skin, HoT didn't give any.)

So if that's the only pre-order bonus that appeals to you then you almost certainly don't need to pre-order.

Although it comes out in 2 days so at this point there's not much difference between pre-ordering or waiting to buy it on the release day. If you want to play it on release day you might as well get it now and get some freebies, even if you don't use them. But if you're undecided or want to wait for a sale or whatever then all you'll miss out on is those few items, and getting to play it right away of course.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RagiNagi.1802 said:

Hi!

Pretty much the title.

🤷‍♂️

There are no benefits - in fact, it sends the wrong message to Anet.  Wait for the sale - and the patches that fix the patches!

• Confused 6

On 8/19/2024 at 10:02 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

Although it comes out in 2 days so at this point there's not much difference between pre-ordering or waiting to buy it on the release day.

This. If you are planning to buy it you may as well buy it now and get the extras.

On 8/19/2024 at 10:47 AM, illuminati.8453 said:

There are no benefits - in fact, it sends the wrong message to Anet.  Wait for the sale - and the patches that fix the patches!

You could be waiting a long time for a sale given it will be the newest expansion - has SOTO been on sale at all yet?

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 2

Pre-ordering isn't worth it at all with this expansion. A weapon that will be as common as muck withing the first few days, and a title.

The weapon might be a drawback, even, if it turns out the same as a previous expansion. There was a bug where  having the skin unlocked before the expansion introduced a collection for the weapon set made it impossible to complete the collection. Took a while to fix. I wonder if this has been solved for when JW launches.

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958
  • Confused 2

The expansion comes out in about 3 hours so at this point you're not really pre-ordering. If you want the shoulder skin and title you'll need to buy it ASAP because those won't be available later. If you want to play today you may as well get it now and get a free skin and title. 

If you don't want to play it today and don't care about the shoulder skin and title then wait until you do want to play it, or it's cheap enough you think it's worth getting anyway. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

This. If you are planning to buy it you may as well buy it now and get the extras.

You could be waiting a long time for a sale given it will be the newest expansion - has SOTO been on sale at all yet?

it has once it was 20 bucks a month or so back.