Will Warrior be meta forever?

Is there a special reason this class/spec is broken always? 

How hard can it be to see the gap between warrior spear and other ones?

I am telling you this at day 1, mark this topic.

Warrior spear currently hitting 8k+ to demolisher amulet and it is undodgable somehow? Evading like a thief, stunlocks 15 seconds with hammer + spear. 

Hotfix this before mAT or we will witness warrior circus tournament 

Edited by Reaiz.2780
  • Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 5

• Willow.1953 changed the title to Will Warrior be meta forever?

You might have noticed that every spear is just broken rn xD. I can not denie that warr spear hits a bit too hard maybe but then also it has exactly 0 boon access or any real special mechanic on it like other classes do soo hmm ^^

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Reaiz.2780 said:

I am telling you this at day 1, mark this topic.

Warrior spear currently hitting 8k+ to demolisher amulet and it is undodgable somehow? Evading like a thief, stunlocks 15 seconds with hammer + spear. 

Hotfix this before mAT or we will witness warrior circus tournament 

This isn’t warrior, it’s spellbreaker, that’s it.

The rest of warrior as a profession is suffering for the sins of SPB in PvP.

Also, the new spear swipe is unblockable, probably that hitting you.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

You might have noticed that every spear is just broken rn xD. I can not denie that warr spear hits a bit too hard maybe but then also it has exactly 0 boon access or any real special mechanic on it like other classes do soo hmm ^^

Thats true, the only thing it applies is vulnerability via primal burst.

You get no boon generation at all, suppose damage is all it has.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084

2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

rev spear isn't there yet at the broken part 😂

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Reaiz.2780 said:

You must not have played for a long time. Warrior have been in the gutter in sPvP for 10 years out of 12 (and I'm generous when I give it 2 years of not being in the gutter).

All in all, numbers are bound to change and professions rise and fall. Warrior won't always be "meta".

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 7

and here we are again, year after year, where warrior is really strong at the beginning of an expansion only for it to be nerfed to the ground within 2 patches afterwards. Some things just never change.

• Confused 7

26 minutes ago, thief.7429 said:

and here we are again, year after year, where warrior is really strong at the beginning of an expansion only for it to be nerfed to the ground within 2 patches afterwards. Some things just never change.

Tbf, the last two years have been hard carried by Spellbreaker, Bladesworn and Condi Zerker.

Difference is that Bladesworn has been nerfed out of any competitive content wholesale and Condi Zerker feels like straight dogwater in the "feels great to play" department compared to SPB.

Bladesworn at its peak was outrageously busted and really deserved the nerfs it go, maybe not to its current extent tough. Not quite 5 stack Cata busted but truly up there.

No idea why they havent neutered SPB yet though, expected it to come months ago.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084
  • Like 3

Crazy you say that when warrior literally has the lowest overall meta up time with the lowest number of overall concurrent player base, second lowest isn't even close.

But whatever you say bro.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

40 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

Crazy you say that when warrior literally has the lowest overall meta up time with the lowest number of overall concurrent player base, second lowest isn't even close.

But whatever you say bro.

I haven’t even seen a bladesworn in PvP for the last few months.

I know 4 berserker players, one of which is me.

I have seen one other Core warrior besides me as well.

It’s all spellbreakers, as far as the eye can see for warrior representation. And I wouldn’t call SPB a fair representation of warrior as a profession.

See the video in the previous post as to why that is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

I haven’t even seen a bladesworn in PvP for the last few months.

I know 4 berserker players, one of which is me.

I have seen one other Core warrior besides me as well.

It’s all spellbreakers, as far as the eye can see for warrior representation. And I wouldn’t call SPB a fair representation of warrior as a profession.

See the video in the previous post as to why that is.

I don't need to look at the video. 

I've always detested full counter's mechanic since it's release.

also they doubled up savage instinct only to mimic a fraction of full counters power, so berserker can be playable with the rest of the warrior's kit that's balanced around full counter.

Both core warrior, bladesworn unplayable because they don't have spammable invulnerability.

Gw2 balance is non existence because nothing is standardized and formulated.

How can there be balance when there's no base.

Ironic how they introduced full counter so warrior can actually finally be wvw/pvp viable. So they never planned to make it viable any other way(probably). now we can't really tell if warrior is limited by full counter or full counter was warrior's only hope.

The only thing that saved warrior in both pvp and wvw is also now warrior's greatest limitation.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

spear 4 is consistenly hitting 10k+ it should be hotfixed next tuesday, it'll be 0 fun to play anything that's not warrior if it doesn't

Lmao, im getting that kind of damage only because im running a signet Gunzerker glass meme build. What warrior elite spec were you fighting?

• Confused 3

But i do agree on defiant stance spellbreaker needs to be gutted, why they keep letting all these stupid kitten in the game that will just kill the game slowly, not just defiant stance spellbreaker, that's the resident sleeper you can fight it 1v1 forever and no one dies.

After 4 months of afking, you really gets the perspective, ranked now is plagued with literally the most toxic mechanic cheese build spams from every single class. This games pvp is really the dumbest kitten I've played, even ff14 pvp gives better entertainment with less flushed out combat system at this point.

You want pvp to be alive, kill all these stupid builds first.

• Confused 3

9 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

War nerf threads are the forum comfort food.

Always show up first when the meta is uncertain because they're the only class anyone can parse right out of the box💀

Tldr: scapegoat class

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, felincyriac.5981 said:

no, I'm sure the warrior spear is healthy and balanced, the MAT will prove this of course 🥰

Spear is fine on itself, the problem now is defensice chains from multiple skills. Defiant stance, staff blocks cc, spear evade cc, endure pain, defense banner, gives little window for damage. Or you can even drop spear for dagger and shield, doesn't really matter

Dumbest kitten I've ever seen from warrior.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Lmao, im getting that kind of damage only because im running a signet Gunzerker glass meme build. What warrior elite spec were you fighting?

shadowfall was playing it, strength discipline spellbreaker, just search for the vod from august 20th, you going to see average 12k dmg (10 ~ 14.5k)

• Like 1