Homestead - A large number decoration item are not craft-able [Merged]

12 minutes ago, Alethia.3597 said:

I have the same as above, but also on discovery there is a recipe using 10 of each Refined Homestead Metal and Refined Homestead Wood.  It produces nothing, doesn't save a recipe and just eats my materials.  Did this both before and after latest patch.

Can confirm this happened to me as well!

It still wasn't working for me either but I took the time to re-decorate a part of my private guild hall and get myself more familiar with the tools. I'm really loving it. But I do hope the bug for the homesteads will be fixed soon.

I do want to point out another bug I noticed within the Homestead; after the new patch when I entered my homestead again all items were replaced in their original place of when you unlock the homestead and I couldn't use the decorating tools. When I logged in on a different character all items were placed back as how I decorated it and I could use the tools again. BUT! What I then noticed is that I'm missing some of the 'free' decorations we were given.  I removed everything inside the house to have a clean sheet to work with but now I can't find the decoration in my 'homestead decoration inventory' that was originally placed at the back right wall of the center of the building where the dining table stands. It's a decorative item with ropes and cloth.

(Sorry, describing things in English isn't my strong suit).

Edited by Mystflower.7319

10 minutes ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

It still wasn't working for me either but I took the time to re-decorate a part of my private guild hall and get myself more familiar with the tools. I'm really loving it. But I do hope the bug for the homesteads will be fixed soon.

I do want to point out another bug I noticed within the Homestead; after the new patch when I entered my homestead again all items were replaced in their original place of when you unlock the homestead and I couldn't use the decorating tools. When I logged in on a different character all items were placed back as how I decorated it and I could use the tools again. BUT! What I then noticed is that I'm missing some of the 'free' decorations we were given.  I removed everything inside the house to have a clean sheet to work with but now I can't find the decoration in my 'homestead decoration inventory' that was originally placed at the back right wall of the center of the building where the dining table stands. It's a decorative item with ropes, cloth and a stone circle at the center (Sorry, describing things in English isn't my strong suit).

That's the Kodan Bookshelf.

Same here. Maxed out mastery, shows as 300/400, can not craft anything. There's very little end game right now (one meta and homestead decoration), so I'm a bit peeved that the homestead decorating does not work. 

Correction, nothing above Journeyman decorations work, however there are a lot of Journeyman decorations, so don't mind me, found a way to keep myself entertained.

Edited by Mirta.5029

4 hours ago, Alethia.3597 said:

I have the same as above, but also on discovery there is a recipe using 10 of each Refined Homestead Metal and Refined Homestead Wood.  It produces nothing, doesn't save a recipe and just eats my materials.  Did this both before and after latest patch.

So, I tried this yesterday as well, and what it ended up doing was crafting the Deluxe Edition table decoration. I ended up with 8 of the things ^^;

I have same issue, i have all the homestead masteries, but it tells me 300/400.
i cant craft other than some of the beginner items in my homestead.

i went to a friends homestead and was able to craft there, but when i got to my own homestead i couldn't craft again.

7 hours ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

That's the Kodan Bookshelf.

No, I made a whoopsie in my description, there is no stone circle in the center it's all tied/ knotted rope between two planks and a bit of cloth added to it.
I'm missing this item . I made the screenshot in one of the NPCs homes.

On 8/22/2024 at 11:12 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Well first of all, I'm envious of each and every one of you--I'm dying to start decorating and haven't had much time to play yet! 😄 

More seriously, I am passing this on so people can start looking into it. Thank you for the details you included as well, that sort of thing helps with investigation!

Might want to ask them to make this a priority. Many people were most excited about the Homestead decorating, and since this bug is preventing us from crafting almost everything, it's going to kill the hype and excitement if not resolved soon. Thanks for your consideration and passing this to the resolution team!

EDIT: I'll also note that I didn't have the issue initially. I crafted several items, such as the large boulder, pumpkin, torch, etc previously, but they now do not work after the patch that supposedly resolved the handicraft mastery issue. It must have been broken with that update.

WORK AROUND: I discovered that the bug is related to the scribing recipes that were ported over to handiwork, which is most of the craftables. They are not craftable because the requirements to craft are still tied to scribing for some reason. If you go learn scribing and make it active on your character, you can then craft all the recipes. There's no need to level up scribing, however it does seem that more craftables show up in the handiwork bench with higher level scribing. You'll still have access to several items though. I hope this helps everyone in starting their decorations until Anet is able to resolve the problem. Happy crafting everyone!

Edited by VVhiteVVabbit.6821

A few things are not crafting for me

The "Basic Torch" is not working for me. I hit craft and line goes through but nothing happens.  I don't get the item.

Actually none of the " Basic" decorations are working for me,  the same thing happens with the "Basic Shrub" I hit craft and it gives me nothing. I've tried most of them.

The Kodan Decorative Torch and Kodan versions of the items craft fine, But the Basic Torch and Basic shrub etc don't work.

Also Basic decorations and any decorations I've unlocked are only showing on 1 character. When i try to craft them with another one the recipes I've unlocked don't show up at all.

Edited by crazyhusky.2985
grammar and typo

I did the story with someone else, and they "owned" the instance when we got the homestead. Now I can't craft the Kodan Traditional Bed to have in my own homestead.

It's available and white, I have mastery maxed, and when I click craft it acts like it gets crafted. But no materials are consumed and no bed is crafted.

Edited by One more for the road.8950

16 hours ago, Mirta.5029 said:

Same here. Maxed out mastery, shows as 300/400, can not craft anything. There's very little end game right now (one meta and homestead decoration), so I'm a bit peeved that the homestead decorating does not work. 

Correction, nothing above Journeyman decorations work, however there are a lot of Journeyman decorations, so don't mind me, found a way to keep myself entertained.

300/400 is intended the next two will be added as time goes by.

3 hours ago, crazyhusky.2985 said:

A few things are not crafting for me

The "Basic Torch" is not working for me. I hit craft and line goes through but nothing happens.  I don't get the item.

Actually none of the " Basic" decorations are working for me,  the same thing happens with the "Basic Shrub" I hit craft and it gives me nothing. I've tried most of them.

The Kodan Decorative Torch and Kodan versions of the items craft fine, But the Basic Torch and Basic shrub etc don't work.

Also Basic decorations and any decorations I've unlocked are only showing on 1 character. When i try to craft them with another one the recipes I've unlocked don't show up at all.

I am also having issues, but only with the Basic deco. My main has it all listed, but cannot craft most of it, my alts don't have it at all. I even went as far as taking a second character through the story up to finishing the step that gives us the homestead and basic items. That character didn't receive the recipes. So I am kinda stuck. Sadly it is some of the basic items I wanted for my homestead.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey all, I want to give you an update on this so you're not going into the weekend without answers! We've identified the issue and are working on a fix. I know everyone is eager to have this fixed--we are too! Because this issue involves the state of individual player accounts it's a bit more involved and we're proceeding very carefully. 

We are going to get this fix to you as soon as we possibly can, and I will update you if there's any new information before that happens. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for the update Rubi. It’s nice to know there’s a fix coming. It’s still disheartening, however, that this is the last we’ll hear of it likely before Monday. Seeing as how homestead decorating is literally 1/3 of the masteries and a major part of this release with no instanced/end game content, this was absolutely the only thing I (and I’m sure many, many other players) were highly anticipating and what we expected to be doing right now. 

I’m starting to feel the hype die down, which sucks.

Edited by Mario Lemieux.9107
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eyelogix.1654 said:

300/400 is intended the next two will be added as time goes by.

It's not. The Black Lion special edition item requires 400 to craft and is marked in red in my craft log. I could craft it on release. I don't think that they would be selling it in the deluxe version if it was only intended for people to have 1 of those, especially when they emphasized that crafting recipes for gem store items will be a thing and that you will be able to craft as much of it as you want.

Just now, Mario Lemieux.9107 said:

Thanks for the update Rubi. It’s nice to know there’s a fix coming. It’s still disheartening, however, that this is the last we’ll hear of it likely before Monday. Seeing as how homestead decorating is literally 1/3 of the masteries and a major part of this release with no instanced/end game content, this was absolutely the only thing I (and I’m sure many, many other players) were highly anticipating and what we expected to be doing right now. 

I’m starting to feel the hype die down, which sucks.

Yeah, this tanked my opinion on the expansion pretty low. 

It feels like we received half of an expansion, considering that raiding and legendary crafting and even finishing the story is gated behind updates, so all we had for endgame was decorating and one meta event. I thought "no biggie, I'll have the decorating to keep me busy" and now it's broken in a major way. 

It's to a point where people with expansion are telling people without it in the guild to not buy it yet, because the current experience is not very good.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey all, I want to give you an update on this so you're not going into the weekend without answers! We've identified the issue and are working on a fix. I know everyone is eager to have this fixed--we are too! Because this issue involves the state of individual player accounts it's a bit more involved and we're proceeding very carefully. 

We are going to get this fix to you as soon as we possibly can, and I will update you if there's any new information before that happens. 

Thank you for the update on this. I can imagine this whole thing being stressful for the devs involved. I wish them a relaxed weekend, they deserve it.

Even though people aren't happy with the situation (and are treating it like it's the end of the world....) I think we all just have to understand that most bugs only like to show up after something has gone live and large groups of people start to use it. The good thing is that the devs are working on it and that a fix will come. Yes we'll have to wait a bit longer but we can use that time to farm materials and enjoy the two maps more. Stay a bit more positive and understanding everyone!

• Like 4

For anyone reading this at this point, there actually is a work-around as someone mentioned in an earlier reply.

Grab another character, go do the hearts in JW, re-buy the crafting recipes and use them on that character. That character alone now should be able to craft the new default and purchased decorations. I've done this with 1 heart in Lowlands and it's working.

For those of us who don't want to wait until Monday or later to start playing around with decorating, this seems to work.

Good luck.

EDIT: alternatively (and probably most efficient), go buy the recipe books with the character that already has done the hearts at least once and swap the recipe books to your other character since they are account-bound. Happy crafting.

Edited by Mario Lemieux.9107
  • Like 1