List of Homestead bugs noticed by players

32 minutes ago, lavichan.3468 said:

Some things I've noticed:

1. Kodan Kitchen Hearth's hitbox is MASSIVE, ridiculously massive. If anything is placed near it or on top of of it, it cannot be targeted for editing, no matter how hard you try. I've placed a pot on it, and now cannot edit this bloody pot without first moving the whole hearth away..

I noticed that too, also decorations you place near usuable objects (like a door), are nearly impossible to select to edit.

13 hours ago, lavichan.3468 said:

Some things I've noticed:

1. When I leveled up Homesteading mastery to current max, I got several system messages for homesteading recipe unlocks, which included a Kodan Mirror, Petite Statue of Joko, Fish Tank, Kodan Woven Divider and some more. But I cannot find any of those in Homesteading station to craft.
  2. Kodan Kitchen Hearth's hitbox is MASSIVE, ridiculously massive. If anything is placed near it or on top of of it, it cannot be targeted for editing, no matter how hard you try. I've placed a pot on it, and now cannot edit this bloody pot without first moving the whole hearth away.
  3. Infernal Facade is also pretty hard to select precisely, especially if it is near/on top of other things.
  4. Additionaly, would be nice if x-ray vision wasn't only for Erase mode, but for Modify and Place New as well. E.g. I've clipped Infernal Facade pretty far into the ground to use as a smoke effect for the campfire, but now it is very hard to target it for editing.

I didn't see any of those in my crafting station. I want the aquarium! Nothing fixed 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Sugar Min.5834

On 8/23/2024 at 8:39 AM, Mystflower.7319 said:

I figured it might be easier for the Devs to read a list of things that have been mentioned instead of having to read every thread on the subject.

List of homestead bugs people have mentioned so far:

1. People aren’t able to modify already placed items, they can use the tools but nothing changes when using them. See this post for a video example.
(the same thing now and then happens with the guild hall tools).

2. Items get lost after removing them, they aren’t in the decoration list. The item I’m personally (still) missing is this the Kodan Woven Divider. I figured out that when I restore my homestead it returns. But when I move it to a place I want it to be it at first stays but when I log out and go to the homestead with another character it has disappeared. It's also gone when I return with the character that initially moved it.
Additional note: Tested this also on my alt account and the same thing happens.

3. Decorations list shows a colored image instead of grayed out image while there are no decorations left to place.

4. The filters of the decoration selection panel don't work properly. When the placed; unplaced; placeable checkboxes are selected not all decorations show. When the checkboxes are unchecked the decorations do show. 

5. When combining Refined Homestead Metal with Refined Homestead Wood in the Handiwork Workbench discovery tab you'll now get the message that the function is disabled for the time being.

6. After purchasing all the wood trade efficiency upgrades Refined Homestead wood can no longer be bought even though this should still be possible. The original post is here.  This seemed to be only happening on the first week of buying the upgrades, with the start of the new week it showed the right amount of materials. Or the bug is fixed.

7. Mining store box doesn’t collect all nodes. After the update that added the Wintersday tree and the salvage pile the following mining nodes are skipped: 

• Brandstone Node; 
  • Bloodstone Crystal Node
  • Dragon Crystal Node
  • Copper Node
  • Prismaticite Node
  • Mistonium Node

Additional note: It seems to be random which nodes are gathered and which not.
Additional note: It seems that if you use the three storeboxes too fast, the last one will not collect all the materials. See original post
Additional note: It seems that besides not all nodes getting collected, some don't give 3 hits either. See original post + images

8. Jade Shard Node has been mentioned to be missing from the Homestead
9. Siege Turtle Hatchling from Completing ‘A Strange Diet’ has been mentioned missing in the homestead.

10. Mini map turns blue (ocean) when zoomed out at zoom level 3 & 4 and no longer shows the terrain. The nodes are still visible.

11. Homestead forgets the last world location after logging out. Characters also don’t stay in the homestead when logging out when they’ve entered the homestead from the following maps: Lowlands Shore, Janthir Sintri, and all the HoT Maps. The character is returned to the entrance portal of those maps instead of the place from where they’d entered the homestead. See for more info the original post.

12. If you move your bed outside of the initial area where you had to place it in the story instance, your story on a new character will not progress in the Home Sweet Home instance. A work around for players can be found in the original post.

13. There is an issue where the cats are clustered around the West side of the house, the CvC combat is completely misaligned. See for more info & video the original post.

14. Seimur Oxbone’s dialogue has been mentioned to be completely bugged for the cooking collection.

15. Glyph of Alchemy doesn’t work on storeboxes, or at least not on the logging storebox. See original post.
16. The invisible cooking station seems to be placed too close to the Enchanted Treasure Chest. See original post 1 & post 2.

17. Party members seem to be able to interact with the Alts that are following the instance owner, and are able to make them stop following. In order to have them follow again the instance owner has to tell them to stop too and then ask them to follow again. See original post.

18. Added Glyphs don't show their effect/ aren't listed  after adding them to the store boxes. It does give the effect when used. See original post.

19. Farm store box only gives 1-3 volatile magic per node instead of ~6. 

• Homestead Refinement-Metal Forge
    • Iron Ore Trade goes from 2:2 to 1:1 with the second Homestead Upgrade: Ore Trade Efficiency -> no discount
  • Homestead Refinement-Farm:
    • Onions are discounted from 4 to 1 with only one Homestead Upgrade: Fiber Trade Efficiency -> double discount
    • Potatoes are not discounted with first Homestead Upgrade: Fiber Trade Efficiency

21. Wintersday tree is at a toppling position, causing all it's ornaments to be out of alignment. See image
22. Bloodstone node is missing, or is it at the mine?

23. Catmmanders fighting messages like "BAM', "POW" appear at the starting point of each team instead of appearing in the center where the fight is.

24. Problem with the bed in the story, it's crafted but can't be found in the decoration list.
25. Second room upstairs isn't for everyone unlocked even though people have the third mastery unlocked.
26. For some people using  'L' to start decorating doesn't work. See original post.

27. Some people with full mastery unlocked aren't able to decorate outside the circle area. See original post 1See original post 2.
Additional note: Some can only decorate on some of their characters. Some have characters where the mastery still says 'Unlock', while they've unlocked it on a different character. See original post
28. Some are getting the error 'Instance request no longer exists' when trying to join a homestead. See original post
29. The Cardinal Adina Trophy requires an Ether Djinn Token while Cardinal Adina drops her own token 'Cardinal Adina's Token'.
30. The found bandit chest likes to be lost on some characters. Logging in on a different character makes it show up again.

Maybe bugs & Player questions:

1. Homestead visitors cannot use the collection boxes as reported here. - Not certain if this is a bug or not.

2. Belcher’s Bluff table is not available in the homestead.

3. The Silverwastes, the Dry Top & Arborstone don’t allow the homestead door to be conjured, it gives the error 'cannot be summoned in this map'
The same thing happens in Armistice Bastion but then it  gives the error 'You cannot do that right now'. This also happens at the top of the Kaineng Jumping Puzzle, Mistlock and WvW maps. Though I think Mistlock & the WvW maps are intended?

4. The logging storebox skips the Wintersday Tree, but I'm guessing this is because of the fact that it functions as a reward chest / loot box instead of a logging node.

5. The gemstore deluxe edition item can’t be crafted, the recipe being red issue. Edit: They have temporarily disabled the ability to craft the Wayfinders Versatile Table while they address an issue.

6. Only the character that went through the story got the well rested buff from parking inside the homestead. Other characters didn’t get it. Is this a bug or do alt characters only get the buff if they went through the story as well?

7. Are the homestead gathering boxes affected by the guild gathering boost?

8.  Glyph of Bounty is not available to use with collection boxes. Is this intended?
9. A detailed list by player Miriam.9241 of things they've bumped into can be found here.

10. Quaggans are missing or are they only part of the home instance due to the choice in the personal story?
11. One of the Hungry Cats  'Simon the celestial fractal cat' has been reported missing by a player.

Fixed Bugs: 
- The wintersday tree and salvage pile are added to the homestead with the patch of August 23th. 👍
- People aren’t able to craft decorations, recipes are missing bug has been fixed. If you still have problems finding your decorations:
Start decorating -> select decorations -> click on the cog-wheel in the top right -> remove the checkmarks of placed, unplaced and placeable and make sure the bottom three boxes that start with show are selected.
- Chandelier's Beeswax

Please let me know below if I missed any or if you found one yourself.

I have completed the Initiate Handiworker Crafting recipes  Mastery Line but it still won't let me create the level 75 recipes that are in my list.  It still says I'm a Novice and not an Initiate.. ???

3 hours ago, Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

I have completed the Initiate Handiworker Crafting recipes  Mastery Line but it still won't let me create the level 75 recipes that are in my list.  It still says I'm a Novice and not an Initiate.. ???

Are you trying to craft on the character with who you've unlocked the homestead or with one of your alts? 

I (and my partner) are also suffering with 'can't decorate outside circle' and still having 'mastery unlock' text appear on the unlockable doors despite being max mastery (although I can enter the rooms themselves). But it isn't a constant thing and sometimes simply restarting the game will clear it (I used the same character) and I can decorate across the entire island and the text will be gone. I don't know if this was caused by both of us testing out the decorating stuff before reaching max homesteading mastery or not. At the moment I only access the Homestead instance w/ my main character, who is the one I levelled all masteries on and is the only one who has done any decorating, etc, in the instance, and as I said, the issue still shows up from time to time. 

8 hours ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

Are you trying to craft on the character with who you've unlocked the homestead or with one of your alts? 

2 hours ago, Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

It's the same character that I unlocked the homestead with.  It's the only one I use for pve. 🙂

I also have this bug, levelled up the mastery. My main character thats done the story but the handicraft level hasn't gone up.

When replaying Home Sweet Home story instance  for achievements (purple star), characters zone into the homestead stuck under decorations that have been placed inbetween the garden plots... with no WP in the instance.

When leaving alts in the homestead either in random locations or, specifically placed for effect, they become randomly moved around or placed back in the cave at the far end of the homestead grounds.. annoying!

Edited by Bloodstealer.5978
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bloodstealer.5978 said:

When leaving alts in the homestead either in random locations or, specifically placed for effect, they become randomly moved around or placed back in the cave at the far end of the homestead grounds.. annoying!

This is intended by the Devs, sadly.

The mining storebox seems even more broken after the most recent patch. Lots of nodes left over with lots of ghost swings - interact with it and you do the animation but get no items, for 10-15 swings sometimes, until finally you get 0 or 1 items and the node properly disappears. Lots of partial nodes, for instance getting 16 baubles instead of 24, or 2 living world currency instead of 3, and so on.

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2024 at 6:18 AM, Dreggon.6598 said:

I seem to be missing my deluxe edition wayfinder table crafting recipe. It was there before the patch (albeit uncraftable) but now it's gone.

It could be that it's currently not showing because of the mastery tier level it uses to craft. It wouldn't surprise me if it uses a tier we aren't able to unlock yet and that it initially only showed previously due to the mastery bug.

I'll add it (and others) to the list later today when I finally have a chance to update it again 😁

Some vendors ask "Are you sure you want to purchase it now?" and then there is a tickbox that says "Don't show again for this item."

I am mentioning this specifically in this thread because once I ticked the box for the Mining and Harvesting Collection Boxes, it never asked me again whether I wanted to buy a Glyph of Volatility. That does not apply to the Logging Collection Box and want and believe it should behave like the other two.