Should I save my Mastery Points?

I maxed out Warclaw.  I have about a dozen left, but I'm personally not that impressed with the other two mastery tracks (I'm not interested in homesteading).   Is there the possibility that they will add additional masteries with the next story chapters?  Thanks.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, fourhim.3584 said:

I maxed out Warclaw.  I have about a dozen left, but I'm personally not that impressed with the other two mastery tracks (I'm not interested in homesteading).   Is there the possibility that they will add additional masteries with the next story chapters?  Thanks.

very likely there will be some other one, from experience from previous expansions.

Or some more masteries on the already janthir ones existing

I maxed out the lowland Kodan one first because it had a capstone that made leveling the others faster.

Edit: also if you invest in the homestead mastery even if you don't plan to do much there's an armor set you can get which gives you a sick halberd skin for spears. 

Edited by Eekasqueak.7850
  • Like 2

Refer to the roadmap  posted here. They will be adding more masteries. I still say use your mastery points. There are lots of them that are pretty easy to acquire from achievements, and there will be more points given to us in upcoming story chapters as well.

• Like 3

20% mounts buff or any use for the bee trees and better materials drops for Kodan Mastery? As I see, there is no change or improvement and I still cannot harvest anything from those trees. They just gave nothing to me. So not sure what all this mastery does as improvements in the telling, but never saw any.

Housing says you can build a bigger area, but it always unlocks a small room and in small, not changeable home size. I don't think this description makes a bigger area to build as its promised, as the homestead total size is always the same.

There are currently 70 mastery points available in JAW. Current tracks need 57 to complete. That leaves you with possible 13 achievements to skip (*looking at you salmon run & bee JP on thin branches*).
ANet has not repeated the disaster that was IBS mastery points and gave you enough points in both EoD and SotO thereafter. It looks like they will continue that, so no "hoarding points" for the rest of JAW needed, IMO.

• Like 3

On 8/31/2024 at 8:51 AM, Gorani.7205 said:

There are currently 70 mastery points available in JAW. Current tracks need 57 to complete. That leaves you with possible 13 achievements to skip (*looking at you salmon run & bee JP on thin branches*).
ANet has not repeated the disaster that was IBS mastery points and gave you enough points in both EoD and SotO thereafter. It looks like they will continue that, so no "hoarding points" for the rest of JAW needed, IMO.

It is awesome that ANet is continuing to provide an abundance of mastery points in JW so players can choose what activities they want to do.
I was afraid it might be another IBS situation so I kept trying for gold on those salmon runs which turns a charming, funny activity into a tediously annoying work - it's a relief to hear I can put that on my skip list (And nice to hear it's not just me and other people feel that same :classic_biggrin:)    

Edited by DoctorOverlord.8620
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/31/2024 at 5:42 PM, Miriam.9241 said:

20% mounts buff or any use for the bee trees and better materials drops for Kodan Mastery? As I see, there is no change or improvement and I still cannot harvest anything from those trees. They just gave nothing to me. So not sure what all this mastery does as improvements in the telling, but never saw any.

I am going to leave you with this:

Lowland Beehives

Learn the secrets of using empowered beehives in Lowland Shore to refresh skill cooldowns.

Janthir Explorer Proficiency

Learn the secrets of using bloodstone-empowered beehives in Janthir Syntri to refresh skill cooldowns, as well as the ability to purchase additional kodan cache keys from coin collectors.

- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lowland_Kodan

The mastery in question was never intended to make you gather anything from Beehives. It quite clearly states what their use is: they are the adrenal mushrooms of Janthir Wilds.

• Like 2

You guys touch of an interesting point regarding IBS; I would love to see the stats are for people who've actually bothered to unlock all of the related tracks.
I suspect there's a significant amount of players (myself included) who just couldn't be bothered with some of the tracks, especially the ones in Dragon Slayer relating to rifts DRMs.

What's the point unlocking masteries for the most tedious content in the game that I never intend on playing ever again?

Such a shame, as prior to the DRM update, IBS was a really strong Living World episode, shaping up to be the strongest.
I know, Covid and all that, but still, such a shame.

It would be nice if they revisited it at some point to increase the amount of points available and maybe look at making Dragon Slayer tracks useful outside of DRMs.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

What's the point unlocking masteries for the most tedious content in the game that I never intend on playing ever again?

They're not even good masteries. The rock/paper/scissors masteries? Tedious to build up the 30 stacks that decay too quickly before you can really use them. Take the timer off of them and they might be useful. DRM-related buffs? Eh. Never got a sense they were useful; they felt mostly invisible even when I had them. They really need to go back and adjust what the buffs themselves to for all of IBS. 

I got them all just to have them, but lawd are they worthless in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/29/2024 at 3:21 PM, fourhim.3584 said:

Is there the possibility that they will add additional masteries with the next story chapters?

They'll almost certainly will, they'll also add more points to earn, unless you're very time limited and are trying to min max your points there's no real reason to save them.

Remember when you leave a mastery at full exp all the exp you earn after that goes into a black hole, you aren't getting any spirit shards while the mastery is ready to train.

• Like 1