Is it possible to get some more transparency on the team-making algorithm now?

At least there were two newly formed Alliances to account for there, so the algorithm has to adjust for the next round there, although some Servers seems to have a lot more pugs than active alliances and organized voice leads, like on Fortune Vale this time around.

So this is in a beta phase still, they will have a couple of months and maybe, or maybe not we will see better results.

Going back to World Linkings wouldn't be better though, we all pointed out that system wasn't balancing populations better months, after it would destroy communities, as by that point it was exploited by players and guilds, by way of transfers to lowly populated link servers.

Yes, instead of transfers, alts are common, even under any population balance system, either way they need to tweak the algorithm better.

Like even some Worlds ended up with too much population over others, for two months at a time, in snowball T1 matchups in the EU and you would be stuck watching it happen, until you get unlinked, to just watch your server drop to T5 usually, with no link.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Does it matter though? One up one down system still in play so you will always on relink be against teams or in a tier u should not be in. There to me seems no real intent to have some kind of even playing field as the old system still exists.

• Like 4

On 9/8/2024 at 4:14 PM, Safty.7326 said:

Does it matter though? One up one down system still in play so you will always on relink be against teams or in a tier u should not be in. There to me seems no real intent to have some kind of even playing field as the old system still exists.

Depending on how long the 4 week links last, there might be some room for testing alternates to 1 up/down, but not until there is more stability in the sorts I would think.

1 hour ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

I don't know the kind of magick that goes behind the veil but the "server" I'm in didn't win a single match since the beta began.

It doesn't help that we've all the worst EU commanders in here but kitten.

That sounds more like an guild alliance problem if you didn't win a single week since beta started? O.o

On 9/8/2024 at 9:10 AM, coro.3176 said:

Whatever they did with Mosswood this round, they dun goofed. The team is just stacked. I have no idea how all the groups fit on the same alliance.

Cause "alliances" don't exist but 500 man guilds do.  So, the superstacked server can easily fit seven or eight 65-70 man guilds in one.  This is what we told Anet would happen, this is what players have always done, and this is what they are doing with what Anet gave them.  All of the "best" guilds claim they want good fights but zero of them do.  What all of them want is to win all of their fights every time.  And will do whatever it takes to make that happen.   Recruit, avoid, map hop, chase 10 mans with 50, troll, recruit, ally, spy, you name it.  The score is meaningless, the game mode is pointless even with a score.  So they are chasing ranks, bags, and titles.

Edited by MedievalThings.5417
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In the age of advanced AI, why is it not possible to implement a very complex matchmaking algorythm that is smart? No excuse for this.

On every single reset, one of the alliances have 50% more points than the other two and completely washing up the floor with them. I was on both side already.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Azinoth.1902 said:

In the age of advanced AI, why is it not possible to implement a very complex matchmaking algorythm that is smart? No excuse for this.

On every single reset, one of the alliances have 50% more points than the other two and completely washing up the floor with them. I was on both side already.

Because of you only balance for reset the entire rest of the week is kittened.