Woad Armor

6 hours ago, DivineDreaming.7206 said:

the whole point is to incentivize people to play lesser populated game  modes..

Normally one would try to think about why those modes are so "lesser populated".

Hint: you incentivize people with rewards when you want them to go to work. When you want to make an entertainment venue more interesting however, you should probably think about making it more fun instead.

• Like 8
  • Confused 7

On 8/22/2024 at 1:52 PM, Zoid.2568 said:

Like 99% of players PvE though, only a minority WvW. should ArenaNet cater to a minority? which is like 1% of the playerbase or less.

Oh no, the pee ons you think yourself so much better than got one cosmetic you like! The horror!

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Normally one would try to think about why those modes are so "lesser populated".

Hint: you incentivize people with rewards when you want them to go to work. When you want to make an entertainment venue more interesting however, you should probably think about making it more fun instead.

False. The view you're presenting on this is as narrow one as it can be, intentionally or not. People might not know whether or not they actually like something until they try it. They might not try it for various reasons, one of which might be whatever fearmongering they heard of.  Or, you know, their own imagination about what they could expect from the mode. Every now and then there are threads and posts from people who "didn't realize x could be this fun!", but once they give it a fair chance, they start coming back. But, what if someone "doesn't want to try it and don't want to do it because no!" ? Well, in that case all they won't get that skin. If that's the argument you want to use here, you might as well put every unlock in the gemstore or unlock it by default. But that's rather stupid and leaves little-to-no space for playing the game.

Once again, playing more of the game giving out more of the rewards makes perfect sense and there's nothing wrong with that approach. Don't want to do x? Cool, go replay whatever you want and never try anything new. Apparently you don't need rewards to keep doing it, otherwise it would mean it's work.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

False. The view you're presenting on this is as narrow one as it can be, intentionally or not. People might not know whether or not they actually like something until they try it. They might not try it for various reasons, one of which might be whatever fearmongering they heard of.  Or, you know, their own imagination about what they could expect from the mode. Every now and then there are threads and posts from people who "didn't realize x could be this fun!", but once they give it a fair chance, they start coming back. But, what if someone "doesn't want to try it and don't want to do it because no!" ? Well, in that case all they won't get that skin. If that's the argument you want to use here, you might as well put every unlock in the gemstore or unlock it by default. But that's rather stupid and leaves little-to-no space for playing the game.

Dude, the game has been out for more than 12 years and the gameplay in WvW hasn't exactly evolved over time. I can guarantee you that the vast majority of the playerbase has come to know whether or not they enjoy endlessly rotating around the same 3 maps in a wall attacking boonblob. You wanna know how they know this? Because they're already forced into it by the Gift of Battle grind every time they want to make a legendary. 

This whole line of thinking has such "the beatings will continue until morale improves" vibes. "Oh you think WvW is like pulling teeth? Clearly the issue here is that you need to pull teeth for another 50+ hours!" Nah thanks, I'll just not buy the next expac.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Dude, the game has been out for more than 12 years and the gameplay in WvW hasn't exactly evolved over time. I can guarantee you that the vast majority of the playerbase has come to know whether or not they enjoy endlessly rotating around the same 3 maps in a wall attacking boonblob. You wanna know how they know this? Because they're already forced into it by the Gift of Battle grind every time they want to make a legendary. 

This whole line of thinking has such "the beatings will continue until morale improves" vibes. "Oh you think WvW is like pulling teeth? Clearly the issue here is that you need to pull teeth for another 50+ hours!" Nah thanks, I'll just not buy the next expac.

Let me know when you'll be ready to respond to what you quoted instead of "making guarantees" about things you have no access to. The whole "beatings will continue until...!" shtick is also hilariously irrelevant to anything here. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Let me know when you'll be ready to respond to what you quoted instead of "making guarantees" about things you have no access to. The whole "beatings will continue until...!" shtick is also hilariously irrelevant to anything here. 🤷‍♂️ 

Yeah my bad, clearly the playerbase of a 12+ year old game would generally have no concept as to the gameplay of an unchanging game mode that they've repeatedly been forced into for more than a decade.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Yeah my bad, clearly the playerbase of a 12+ year old game would generally have no concept as to the gameplay of an unchanging game mode that they've repeatedly been forced into for more than a decade.

No one has been forced to participate in WvW. If you have any evidence to the contrary you should contact your local PD. They will know how to proceed from there.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

No one has been forced to participate in WvW. If you have any evidence to the contrary you should contact your local PD. They will know how to proceed from there.

Cool, we're at the point where we're just pretending GoB doesn't exist. Well if I didn't think you had anything remotely resembling an argument before...

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

On 9/1/2024 at 9:28 PM, Sweetbread.3678 said:

I bought the Janthir Wilds expansion to be able to earn Janthir Wilds rewards by actually playing Janthir Wilds content; that's how it's worked for every other expansion, so why would I not have expected that? If the title had been Janthir Wilds + Inexplicable ~60 Hour Forced World vs. Wall Grind I'd understand, but it's not.

You do know you can obtain it in sPvP too, right? 

Takes two-three hours max if you actually win games.  Especially with the events going on--to make it go even faster, I'm running the track in both WvW and sPvP with no boosters and already have 4 of 6 pieces of one weight.  That is, I'm not even trying and its mostly done for a somewhat average looking set.

Regrardless, you have two other PvE exclusive armor sets (from just JW, many more including SoTO) and an entire house to decorate.  But still threaten boycotts...interesting.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You do know you can obtain it in sPvP too, right? 

Takes two-three hours max if you actually win games.  Especially with the events going on--to make it go even faster, I'm running the track in both WvW and sPvP with no boosters and already have 4 of 6 pieces of one weight.  That is, I'm not even trying and its mostly done for a somewhat average looking set.

Regrardless, you have two other PvE exclusive armor sets (from just JW, many more including SoTO) and an entire house to decorate.  But still threaten boycotts...interesting.

Lol why does it even need to be exclusive at all? How does arbitrarily kittening off PvEers (the only mode with a population large enough to even fund an expansion. Spoilers: WvW hasn't gotten a 3rd borderland in 9 years because it's population is too microscopic to justify it and spvp is even worse) serve anyone? Seriously, why are this game's pvp modes so utterly terrible that they need to have 3/5ths of the armor cosmetics locked behind it to force their failed populations up? Does anyone actually think that's going to work in the long-term; this strategy of just bribing PvEer cannon fodder by holding blatantly cut PvE content hostage behind PvP reward tracks while addressing none of the actual problem points that drove people away from the modes to begin with? Like do yall actually not think that PvE running out of reasons to play the actual Janthir Wilds content 1 week in because it's been artificially excised to force them into a mode that they hate is actually going to be healthy for anyone?

Once the honeymoon phase wears off it becomes rapidly apparent that there is just nothing there. My entire guild was talking about it earlier. How many expacs do you think it takes before that starts adding up? How many PvEers do you think are gonna buy "Rytlock's Great Adventure" or whatever's up next if they already know that there'll be no pve replayability, and that the Charr Legions in the Charr Legion zones of this Charr Legion expansion pack that they just paid for are only going to sell them Spaghetti and Meatballplate (or whatever the hell Titanplate's completely random anthropomorphic Greek column, equivalent is) while every single decent and on theme armor skin is locked exclusively behind game modes that the majority of players despise playing, all so a spiteful minority of pvpers can go "neener neener" because they're deranged enough to actually think that that's an expansion feature? How long do you think that business model is good for exactly? How long before your Spear and Relic additions dry up because the people playing the mode that actually funds the game have stopped thinking it's worth it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

15 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

<lots of stuff>

Look, first of all, the gemstore funds the game and it isn't mode specific.  Diehards are the least important piece of this puzzle, most important is the new player buying all the old content or the fashion wars player that buys cosmetics but might not touch a ton of PvE.  You can shine bright like a diamond in any mode, and give anet money--regardless of if you are hitting bears with spears or throwing siege on people while glowing like the sun.

Anyway, if you nolife the expansions and run out of content in a week--that's on you.  That alone isn't healthy but for reasons beyond the scope of the topic.

Regardless, competitive is a part of the game.  Here, pretend Spirit Watch is Janthir or something and LARP in unranked until you get you rewards, it'll be faster than typing walls of text about how you will boycott a game over some basic kitten looking armor.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Look, first of all, the gemstore funds the game and it isn't mode specific.

Would make sense if the populations between game modes were even remotely close or if PvEers weren't the only mode that actually needed things like bag slots. Wait, did you actually think that the triple digit player count in spvp holds a candle to the at least tens of thousands in pve?

Anyway, if you nolife the expansions and run out of content in a week--that's on you.

It's just the story, a couple scavenger hunts that are largely progressed simultaneously with the mastery grind, and 12 pieces of cheap armor to make. After that it's just bounce around on the smell cat hoping that Heart vendors and Unusual Coins actually have a point some day. Hardly some nolife endeavor.

Regardless, competitive is a part of the game.

Yall can barely fill out your own win-traded leaderboard. PvP literally isn't even worth enough to moderate its insane toxicity and infestation of repeat afk leechers. Mode's a joke.

Edited by Sweetbread.3678
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Would make sense if the populations between game modes were even remotely close or if PvEers weren't the only mode that actually needed things like bag slots.

Wouldn't underestimate fashion wars and selling expansions to get the new specs.  I've spent a lot on both and only really do competitive--just bought some storm gloves a few minutes ago in fact.

We could go round all day, as technically open world PvE is what attracts and potentially keeps players around, not instanced PvE which is just as toxic as competitive is, only you aren't able to PK your fractal/strike/raid group.  

Anyway, let competitive folks have Obsidian armor and you can play salmon hunt and Frogger in PvE for Woad armor.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Cool, we're at the point where we're just pretending GoB doesn't exist. Well if I didn't think you had anything remotely resembling an argument before...

I never pretended anything of the sort.  GoB exists and at no time have you, or anyone else, been forced to get one. If you have any evidence to the contrary you should contact your local PD so they can investigate the crime.

It's funny that you call others, such as those who play pvp, toxic but you are the one falsely claiming to be the victim of a crime in an attempt to get what you want.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/5/2024 at 4:38 AM, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Well, we PvE-only players shouldn't craft our own precursors and legendaries, we should buy them from the WvW'ers.... But there's another topic for that...

About the Woad armor, I'll get it using the private arena's, it'll take a bit more time, but at least I won't be bothered by others, preventing me from getting what I want to get. I want to play with people, not against them. (I'm absolutely not competitive, not in games and not in real life)

• Confused 4

On 8/22/2024 at 6:52 PM, Zoid.2568 said:

Like 99% of players PvE though, only a minority WvW. should ArenaNet cater to a minority? which is like 1% of the playerbase or less.

better tell Anet to drop the idea for the raid they had for Janthir then. only a tiny tiny % of players raid, so oh dear, that better go.

• Confused 1

Lets implant Woad armor in OW (like gen2 Obi armor to keep the map alive) , when the next expansion hit , so the previous xpack stay alive (no need to creeat an meta event and we can create once more a "happy-jewel first map" ... But I guess in the end of the expack "things don't get much attention " and simply "general meta map will siffise"😛

And whoever has at least 1x piece from WvW , get 15%discount from the Set in Ow and PvP and the next armor in WvW .

Whileb in  pvp ,  in the next expansion ,if you have the armror regardless of mode of aquisition you get 20% chance per piece ,  to find a dye you don't own (most won't miss anything)

Edit: "play 10 games and hope the the box with 20% , has the dye in" , type of thingspan widgetspan widget

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

Okay I tried really hard to wade through this but kitten y'all's chatty. This is hardly the first thing that's ever been locked behind another thing. What happened to the "If you want the thing do the thing" answer that I see in all of those other threads? What makes this so special that it deserves fourteen pages . . ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

Okay I tried really hard to wade through this but kitten y'all's chatty. This is hardly the first thing that's ever been locked behind another thing. What happened to the "If you want the thing do the thing" answer that I see in all of those other threads? What makes this so special that it deserves fourteen pages . . ?

It’s the usual open world player temper tantrum when others get something nice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Mistforged weapons are nice. I never got the Mist Lord weapons but I'd imagine some ppls like those. The Mistforged armor skins are very nice. Did we get all this about all of those and I'm just forgetting . . ?

• Like 2

On 9/3/2024 at 12:10 PM, LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

because people seem intent on attacking me when I was downed, instead of finishing

we normally don't use finishing skill in WvW, takes long enough to channel that we'll often get killed during the animation.

It would be nice tho to have a skill that finishes yourself if you're quite sure you're not getting back up

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 12:10 PM, LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

WvW (or rather AvA apparently, as people from my guild (but the same world) are against me so I can't even play with guildies anymore)

I'm not sure what AvA is, but if you want to play with your guild, open your guild panel and find that guild. Select the guild and look slightly below for a button "Set as WvW guild". This will take effect next matchmaking (about once every month).

If your guild is in an alliance or has multiple chapters (or both), check with them what to set.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 11:26 PM, DivineDreaming.7206 said:

lol "6 hours" i've completed the entire med, light, heavy woad collection, it takes hardly any time to complete reward tracks in wvw or spvp ranked. they give so much reward track progress it goes by so quick. Now I understand if you dislike those game modes, the whole point is to incentivize people to play lesser populated game  modes..

It'd probably help to remember that you get a different amount of stuffs depending on your overall amount of play. 

Edited by willow.8209
edit for tone
  • Confused 1

I keep saying I am not against Pvp/wvw getting their exclusive armor Im just completly against  using the armor whose skin its linked to the OW to be the only one not obtainable in OW, while the 2 armors that loook nothing alike whats happening in the expansion are the ones you can buy on ow (and craft)... still feel that the titan armor  should be the competitive one, as I feel it represents more a competitive  mind than the woad. the Olympic games,  the Trojan wars, Hercules, it feels more fitting for wvw/pvp than  the "armor the bear people you meet during the story  wear"

• Confused 3

I totally get that it's reasonable to think the NPC armor should be available in PvE. But I don't get why some want to shove the "traditional soldier" skin on WvW.  WvW players like to look pretty same as anyone else. And might want to look more casual or whimsical or sexy, just like in PvE. And I see as many soldier looks in PvE as in WvW (which is not a lot either way). If you don't like it much, chances are some WvW players don't like it much. 

The other bit of my opinion on Woad in WvW is here: 

On 8/30/2024 at 12:32 AM, willow.8209 said:

Of all the updates, at least since HoT, Janthir Wilds is the one most closely tied to WvW. .

... [for reasons]

Is it so weird they also decided to bring some of the flavor of Janthir into WvW with the Woad armor? No, it's not weird at all. Given the link between the Janthir update and the WvW update, and given the relative scarcity of new things designed for WvW, it makes perfect sense.

WvW players deserve pretty things and varied choices just like everyone else. 

• Like 3