Class WvW

Snorkar.9048

42 minutes ago, Snorkar.9048 said:

I understand but i'm between ele or mesmer because they're the classes i most like

Some people don't like dying to those other professions..... and thusly recommend you play the FOTM specs to save you the anguish they feel.

If you enjoy the profession choice, and can put up with the learning curve, it doesn't matter too too much what you take.

I'd suggest you take the profession you enjoy learning the nuances of playstyle more as the more you can invest into being good at the profession, the more you will get out of it (regardless of which prof it is).

The FOTM specs will always change and your preferred Profession could end up floating up the Meta with the next release or update anyway.

To answer your question directly, I had a Tempest build for WvW years ago and have been using it since cause it works for me and I am too lazy to make another character for WvW.  However, if I was starting fresh, I would actually take Mesmer as I far prefer the playstyle options available to it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elementalist is more forgiving and has raw survivability through lots of healing and tanking as well as boons.

Mesmer has more burst but it requires a bit more practice between clones and invisibility.

I would say both perform relatively the same for small skirmishes and roaming. Both can do disgusting damage while having their own way of mitigating damage and fleeing if needed. It mostly depends on your approach. If you dont want to think too much and wants raw power then pick Elementalist. If you like being annoying to fight and sneaking around then pick Mesmer

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 7:54 PM, Snorkar.9048 said:

I'm torn between mesmer and ele for wvw roaming and smallscale, how's each class doing?

People will never suggest the professions they play, subconscious bias you may call it. Meaning the professions/specs to play are the ones you see often used by gank teams, which are:

Necro- reaper of all sorts and ofc  brokenbinger,  dagger or spear mesmer, thief of all sorts,willbender of all sorts.

Followed by spellbreaker rarely. These are like 80% of current GW2 "roaming" ...The rest is the rest for a reason. But the professions I would stay away from is elementalist especially, Good as condi bunker vs below average face huggers  but easy to swipe with a +1 or decent condi clear, also some of the worst mobility only better than revenant if not targets for teleport available 

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Whilst biased I'd suggest ele. 

For roaming there's a pretty decent catalyst and tempest build and for zerging there is the very aggressive aurashare support which may be the most fun thing I've ever zerged with. 

Off hand dagger has great chasing potential with air 4, swap to earth and 4-5 will allow the rest to catch up to finish then. 

When training up and down sm hallways be sure to overload and shout choo choo as you run them over

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

People will never suggest the professions they play, subconscious bias you may call it. Meaning the professions/specs to play are the ones you see often used by gank teams, which are:

[...]

But the professions I would stay away from is elementalist especially,

Talking about bias ...

Cata is right up there with the other cele abusing specs and commony played by various "gank squads". Tempest is a pretty decent small scale spec too and therefore also sees play regulary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2024 at 10:47 AM, Zyreva.1078 said:

Talking about bias ...

Cata is right up there with the other cele abusing specs and commony played by various "gank squads". Tempest is a pretty decent small scale spec too and therefore also sees play regulary.

I talk facts....I mean people in their mind, think that other people not playing their class...will shield them from future changes?! I can't wrap my head about it sorry but whatever you can suggest ele how many times you feel like.......which hasn't got access to stealth or powercrept mobility like willbender, thief.

Ele still has the same mobility since 2012 with ride the lightning and lightning flash, this is not bias is basic logic. I suggest the OP to play something with stealth and/or mobility, seen as wvw these days is just a ganking fest and winning the occasional 1v1 with a condi bunker remains a limited experience

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I talk facts...

No, you don't. Your post does not include a single true fact. Just bias and plain false claims.

I mean people in their mind, think that other people not playing their class...will shield them from future changes?! I can't wrap my head about it sorry but whatever you can suggest ele how many times you feel like

What?

hasn't got access to stealth

Technically ele does have access to stealth in WvW, by comboing it's underwater smoke field. Not the most practical stealth access and normally i wouldn't fault anyone for claiming ele is a stealthless class, because in most situations, that is true. But if you claim you are the only one presenting facts, while everything else is bias, you might as well be more accurate ...

Ele still has the same mobility since 2012 with ride the lightning and lightning flash,

RtL had it's cd reduced (used to be 40s for years, tho in 2012 it was 20, but without cd reduction on hit) and cata can reset the cd for high burst mobility.

In the end this is about mes or ele and mes has better stealth access and ele (cata) has better mobility in most cases (sword mirage is more mobile, but typically a glassy power build and therefore not great in this cele meta).

The main difference is that ele is better at abusing broken cele stats and combining good dmg and good sustain in one build, something i struggle with on mes. Now i'm fairly inexperienced with both classes, but when i try roaming with them, i generally have an easier time on ele compared to mesmer. And i'm also seeing more eles capable of holding their own in even or outnumbered fights compared to mesmers, who usually outnumber or die (or deal no dmg on some useless bunker build). So it's not just me.

This doesn't mean someones shouldn't try try roaming on mesmer. The class still has some strong things going for it (boon stip for example) and certainly offers very unique and interesting gameplay that might be very enjoyable for someone. Just like ele can be.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1