Petition for Specific Player/Community Content Patch Updates and Developer Tools

Hello!

I have been doing a survey for most players that I find in game.

Most players have mentioned that they would like to see Miniature Pets & Usable Features. For example, Necromancer summons can be dressed in acceptable ways. Ranger spirits could be pokemon. Mesmer Phantasms could be mini bosses that you have collected. Engineer turrets could have unique skins to them as well.  Elementalist summons could be unique to the player. Revenant could have certain colors and auras for their abilities as well as unique tablets for the visuals.

As the title of this suggestion suggests, to turn this into a usable signable Petition, based on player count and suggestions, I have approximately 100 players approval before posting this, for Specific Player/Community Content Patch Updates and Developer Tools.

Thank you!!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, MagicMix.9167 said:

Hello!

Most players have mentioned that they would like to see Miniature Pets & Usable Features. For example, Necromancer summons can be dressed in acceptable ways. Ranger spirits could be pokemon. Mesmer Phantasms could be mini bosses that you have collected. Engineer turrets could have unique skins to them as well.  Elementalist summons could be unique to the player. Revenant could have certain colors and auras for their abilities as well as unique tablets for the visuals.

As the title of this suggestion suggests, to turn this into a usable signable Petition, based on player count and suggestions, I have approximately 100 players approval before posting this, for Specific Player/Community Content Patch Updates and Developer Tools.

Thank you!!

I don't understand what you are suggesting. Are you just asking for different skins for necromancer minions, ranger spirits and engineer turrets, or is there more to it? If you are asking for alternate skins what does that have to do with mini pets?

Also I assume you're not literally asking for ranger spirits to look like Pokemon, because that would either be a major copyright violation or a very expensive licensing deal. Are you suggesting they should look like the ranger pets? Or something else?

Finally it would be helpful if you could provide a link to where these 100 players said they support your idea, or some other evidence, otherwise it sounds like you're just making it up.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I don't understand what you are suggesting. Are you just asking for different skins for necromancer minions, ranger spirits and engineer turrets, or is there more to it? If you are asking for alternate skins what does that have to do with mini pets?

Also I assume you're not literally asking for ranger spirits to look like Pokemon, because that would either be a major copyright violation or a very expensive licensing deal. Are you suggesting they should look like the ranger pets? Or something else?

Finally it would be helpful if you could provide a link to where these 100 players said they support your idea, or some other evidence, otherwise it sounds like you're just making it up.

You're right, you have 12,900 comments and you cant understand what I'm saying. Oh hello its an Elder Dragon soaking in their own achievements.

My bad I'll just report this game for sexual harrassment and remind you of the CopyRight Violation and Terms of Service.

Thanks for your contribution to our society. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 25
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MagicMix.9167 said:

, you have 12,900 comments and you cant understand what I'm saying

Which says more about the clarity of the original post than about her.

That said, sure it would be nice to have the ability to reskin summons.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MagicMix.9167 said:

You're right, you have 12,900 comments and you cant understand what I'm saying. Oh hello its an Elder Dragon soaking in their own achievements.

My bad I'll just report this game for sexual harrassment and remind you of the CopyRight Violation and Terms of Service.

Thanks for your contribution to our society. 

those were legitimate question, why are you resorting to name-calling?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Which says more about the clarity of the original post than about her.

That said, sure it would be nice to have the ability to reskin summons.

It's literally in the title of the suggestion, those are specific details of ideas that could be usable.

With that being said, I interviewed players in my mail system online in game, so you would have to be an Anet employee to have access to those files concerning who signed to pass this, kind of like the Government using Democracy to Vote on real world issues, however due to hateful conduct I can't legally share that information with you.

Petition for Specific Player/Community Content Patch Updates and Developer Tools

So thats a base version of the game. Similar to how WarCraft 3 had a Map Editor where the players could create their own maps and share them with each other. 

Otherwise, what do we use Miniature pets for anyways? Might as well give them an actual use in the game. This would give those achievement hunters and miniature pet collectors a reason to proud of their work and increase the value of the economy. 

I mean sure we can change the color of our clothes, but If we could change the color of our abilities. for example, I main a Mesmer, but I have a fire elemental atunement and my main character is named Charmander I I 

Does that answer your questions?

• Confused 17
  • Sad 1

On a nother note,

Siege Monsters for WvW would be pretty cool. Imagine watching previous Raid Bosses being able to apply as the Boss of the Castle due to which Guild Claimed the Keep. So that they would roll for which boss is in the Castle.

Siege Monsters.

Thats another idea that is getting some Steam.

Dressing up your Golem with some fashion accessories would be cool too. 

--Coming from a Plastic Surgeon as a profession. <-- thats me

• Confused 12
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Well u can prob find 100 unique posters in forums that suggested the skins for sieges, minions, turrets and smlr stuff. It would be additional income for anet that's for sure. 

Not talking about the OP's here pokemon idea and details suggested, but the general "individualization" and skin play topic is heavily supported by absolute majority of player base, as is simply no reason not to (unless it's particle noise making visual cluster worse) and was mentioned and talked about hundreds of times.

Was heavily discussed in wvw parts, as way to monetize wvw players, siege as example already know who is it's owner(as its placer can always dismount the user and operate it) so u could fetch textures from owner wardrobe or whatever u won't even need to do it from scratch as code base to support that already there, like it's duable. Some guild decals/reskins for objectives and so on. 

I mean it's same kitten as character skins, a money printer for mmo.  Every tiny detail u offer for individualization, will be baught. Siege, minions, objectives, Gadget variations, u can even offer stuff like enginner kit(the thing it holds in hand when kit active) being slightly different and people will buy it lol. 

I don't think gw2 spaghetti could handle even more personalization that there already is tho. Topic pointless. Game too old and code too wobbly.

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

100 players out of 86k+ reported active players just this month is not a lot. I know you spoke to more people but the support you need for an effective petition would need to be much higher to get any traction.

Now if it is the case that you're posting on the forums to get more support then why are you insulting people who have legit questions or are making comments on your post?

The ideas you presented are not necessarily bad  (though I doubt anet would implement them unless there was enough uproar about it since it would take time, resources and money they may not have to spare) your attitude towards people trying to understand what you're trying to achieve will not help you or your goals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2024 at 7:44 AM, MagicMix.9167 said:

Hello!

Most players have mentioned that they would like to(...)

Hi, if you're able to conclude that "most people said x" then I think it's reasonable to assume you have their responses aggregated somewhere. Please share the file with responses you got, which would also help with understanding the sample size of your personally conducted survey. Thank you!

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 4

17 hours ago, MagicMix.9167 said:

With that being said, I interviewed players in my mail system online in game, so you would have to be an Anet employee to have access to those files concerning who signed to pass this, kind of like the Government using Democracy to Vote on real world issues, however due to hateful conduct I can't legally share that information with you.

This is an impressive level of "trust me bro"

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

There is something about this click bait that is very unpleasant on a hot day.   

Work on clarity, don't be cryptic and mysterious as it makes others doubt any sincerity in your petition, and please be polite to others asking questions.  

I shall NOT be signing your alleged petition.  Also who opens mail from randos?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

Source?

I used MMO-population.com but looking into it further looks like the website is not as accurate for daily numbers (the daily estimate players online each day this month has changed to 71k+ now). Parasite.5389's source is probably more reliable.

My point still stands that the active playerbase way exceeds the number op has supplied for their petition.

3 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

I used MMO-population.com but looking into it further looks like the website is not as accurate for daily numbers (the daily estimate players online each day this month has changed to 71k+ now). Parasite.5389's source is probably more reliable.

My point still stands that the active playerbase way exceeds the number op has supplied for their petition.

It's not accurate at all, which they admit on their 'about' page. They track activity on a game's reddit then use their best guess at how many players in any given game will be using reddit and use that to estimate how many players there are in total.

There's a few websites like that around which do a good job of looking authoritive, but without access to actual data all they can do is publish best guesses.

8 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

not sure where their statistic is coming from, but GW2Efficiency reports that nearly 80k regisitered efficiency users have started Janthir wilds, so 86k isn't an unreasonable figure (source: https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.category=427)

I wonder if that includes people like me who have shared their API code but haven't created an annount on GW2 Efficiency?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I wonder if that includes people like me who have shared their API code but haven't created an annount on GW2 Efficiency?

i assume registered accounts, but i suppose it just needs look at unique accounts associated with API keys, like if i created 5 keys and plugged them into 5 different browser sessions, it's still only going to counts as one account for the statistics.

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 2:18 PM, Isopod.4156 said:

This is an impressive level of "trust me bro"

well i mean from the challenge point of view all I had to do was get 100 people to agree that my suggestions are improvements to the quality of the game.

with 86,000 players and 80,000 players just starting Janthir Wilds, getting 100 people to agree on my suggestions, Siege Monsters with G-Claim, Styling the color of abilities, using Miniature Pets for cool looks, and releasing the Map Creator Editor to players would be worth the $110 I just spent on GW2.

To everyone saying "share who said they like your ideas." I have already mentioned due to client confidentiality that I cannot legally tell you who is supporting these ideas.

To the Arena.net employee actually checking stats, I purchased my Gift Mail Courier and texted everyone to comment on my post so that we could do a survey.

Survey says.... 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1