Black Lion Chest Common Tier Rework

Shirlias.8104

@Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 said:I don't like that the Wardrobe unlock is split three ways now. Armor, Weapon, and Skins it was better bundled all together under same item.

If that means I don't have to worry about unlocking mini's or dyes (which I do not want) then this change suits me, although I can imagine for anyone with an almost maxed out wardrobe this change is for the worse.

@Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 said:I don't like that the Wardrobe unlock is split three ways now. Armor, Weapon, and Skins it was better bundled all together under same item.

Personally I love this because it means no more Dyes on unlocks. I'd rather have the ability to choose which type of knowing what type of item I will unlock. Previously I would see over 1/2 of my wardrobe unlocks give dyes.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:Are those wardrobe unlocks in the common drop section now?

Yes. You can see them in the picture in the OP. :)

Yea, I just couldn't believe the picture haha I was sure it was shopped.

Out of the 4 Keys I've used, so far, 2 of the Keys gave Guaranteed Weapon Unlocks. So....pretty common.

Luck needs to go. Drops with absolutely zero value/utility to the player (i.e. anyone with max luck) shouldn't be possible from BL chests. Even worse, it is the legendary luck. At least the exotic ones can be used to craft a couple of things or buy red lantern decorations.

The t5 mat bags are also pretty junky, but they are something.

I've noticed a dramatic improvement. Used to be I always regretted bothering with keys. I NEVER got anything worth more than a few silver. The other day I bought 10 keys and received about 300g worth of rewards that I sold, plus a few minis, some skins, probably 80g worth of mats that I kept, and miscellaneous. If I'd spent the 900 gems on gold conversion, I'd have received less than 200g. To me, this seems fair. But maybe I was just lucky.

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:Thank you for spamming me with more trash lion salvage kits. I have 20+ of them and at this point i just throw them away. I never use them since all it does is litter my inventory with more useless sigils and runes...also essence of luck? REALLY?

If you find you have so many that you might just destroy them, may I suggest ecto salvaging instead? With a BLSK you will get enough crystalline dust to make a profit, and then just trash the luck if you're maxed.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Biff.5312 said:But maybe I was just lucky.

Definitely.

I tried another 5 keys and got mostly crap. However, at least there's always some trash that can be sold for gold. I had 30g worth of vendor items in my wintersday box. I also got a couple of rare dyes. Ultimately these 5 keys paid about 70 g, so not worth it vs trading gems for gold, but not too far off.

Archived