September 10th Nerfs

Kraav.8136

I like the spear a lot but let's be honest harrier toss and spearmarshal's support were 'i win' buttons, saw the nerf coming a mile away.

Edit: They may have overdone it with the nerfs though.. dmg in WvW seems pretty low now.

Edited by sherwinator.7954
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

i dint felt those were win buttons, even if you still need to put TOO much effort than those are worth it, unlike harbringers one stun and bombarding you with condi damage (Wich of course still are untouched/reworked after too f long, Anet Have to see how damaging conditions are overtuned in general because of thier stackable mechanic, and they should change/remove stackable aspect of condi dmg skills and i dont give a damm if it will nerf condi warriors as well but atleast it wont be a dominating factor in every mode, eventualy Anet, give us Stat wich reduce condi damage like armor reducing strike damage (And dont come at me with that 33% resolution boon because it is absolute DOG 4 letters)

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, gyravi.9632 said:

And still willbender is not even touched coz its spear is very balanced instead right.

Classic anet blue child treatment.

I won't value the impact of the nerfs on Warrior, but  Willbender/other Guardian builds did prove nothing in the Conquest map 10 days ago and neither in the 3 v 3 MAT last Saturday. No blue boys in the finalist of the EU/NA tournaments nor in the 3 v 3 finals...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

I won't value the impact of the nerfs on Warrior, but  Willbender/other Guardian builds did prove nothing in the Conquest map 10 days ago and neither in the 3 v 3 MAT last Saturday. No blue boys in the finalist of the EU/NA tournaments nor in the 3 v 3 finals...

Yet every day you saw at least one guardian in your team while climbing the Spvp ladder.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Yet every day you saw at least one guardian in your team while climbing the Spvp ladder.

Dunno. In the 3 v 3 finals the comp was 2 Spellbreakers & support Mesmer and 2 Spellbreakers & support Vindi.  I see lots of DHs, some WB and even FB in ranked but once you enter in games with coordinated teams they seems to perform poorly, most of the time... Roy and his team of 3 stacked DH didn't even made to quarter finals...

Not saying that Guardian historically didn't got benefits from being a support class in a game which favours them; I'm just saying that currently in tourmanents is easy to see 2-3 Warriors x team whereas Guardian is oftenly not present, so nerfs to Warrior and none to Guardian doesn't feel like a bias (at least this time).

I did not even tried pvp, but at pve the axe berserker burst felt extremely low in DMG terms when I logged in after patch.
 the whole class felt a bit awkward now somehow. i dunno if its in my head and its a placebo effect. but yesterday I felt more powerful in PvE with axe+axe / spear.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Dunno. In the 3 v 3 finals the comp was 2 Spellbreakers & support Mesmer and 2 Spellbreakers & support Vindi.  I see lots of DHs, some WB and even FB in ranked but once you enter in games with coordinated teams they seems to perform poorly, most of the time... Roy and his team of 3 stacked DH didn't even made to quarter finals...

Not saying that Guardian historically didn't got benefits from being a support class in a game which favours them; I'm just saying that currently in tourmanents is easy to see 2-3 Warriors x team whereas Guardian is oftenly not present, so nerfs to Warrior and none to Guardian doesn't feel like a bias (at least this time).

Let's talk of WvW then. 
Spear was a pretty strong zerg weapon I guess, and it was nerfed there too.

But it was also a very solid weapon to make warrior finally viable for roaming to kill those pesky celestial bots that are bad at the game and are carried by cele stats.

In the meanwhile willbender is still the top roamer, spear is good in both zergs and so good in roaming even more than warrior spear and wasn't even looked.

They indirectly nerfed roaming warrior too. I was having lot of fun with a full glass core and it wasn't broken at all, but very high risk high reward. Now the change and damage nerf of spear4 is so noticeable and I can't kill those lame cele harbs catas and willbenders even if they random dodge like idiots. Damage is not enough even running full damage traits and stats. Before the nerfs I could.

So again, in pvp it was probably overtuned, but the problem never was the damage, but the bunker style of spell breaker able to hold even 3 people. And that has nothing to do with spear. 
So yeah nerfs were expected, but why willbender is still that broken and it's not touched?

Blue child treatment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, gyravi.9632 said:

Let's talk of WvW then. 
Spear was a pretty strong zerg weapon I guess, and it was nerfed there too.

But it was also a very solid weapon to make warrior finally viable for roaming to kill those pesky celestial bots that are bad at the game and are carried by cele stats.

In the meanwhile willbender is still the top roamer, spear is good in both zergs and so good in roaming even more than warrior spear and wasn't even looked.

They indirectly nerfed roaming warrior too. I was having lot of fun with a full glass core and it wasn't broken at all, but very high risk high reward. Now the change and damage nerf of spear4 is so noticeable and I can't kill those lame cele harbs catas and willbenders even if they random dodge like idiots. Damage is not enough even running full damage traits and stats. Before the nerfs I could.

So again, in pvp it was probably overtuned, but the problem never was the damage, but the bunker style of spell breaker able to hold even 3 people. And that has nothing to do with spear. 
So yeah nerfs were expected, but why willbender is still that broken and it's not touched?

Blue child treatment.

Yeah, even greatsword mirage wasn't touched and that kitten can do absurd burst from stealth... oh well. I guess what people can't see, they can't complain about. 🤷‍♂️

The more I play spear in WvW after the nerf, the more I think it was overnerfed (including changes to skills)... sad day. 😞 ...and I am almost certain they are not done with the nerfs for warrior and spear because that is obviously what history of anet has taught us.

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

the nerfs for spear in WvW were not needed at all. and especially spear 4 got nerfed far too hard and is now a rather useless skill. Maybe decrease the cooldown by 20% now too if the dmg stays like it is now? or simply revert at least the dmg nerf in wvw. What was the idea behind those nerfs anyway? was warrior too strong as a dps in zergs?

spearmarshalls support was a really balanced skill because it did nothing else other than dmg  and had a huge telegraph. All it did was force a dodge or a block. How was that enough for a hard nerf like that? Like maybe shave of 10% dmg but don't just delete it like that. And the nerf that it is enough to dodge/block/invul/blind the initial hit and the skill doesn't go off at all is just ridiculous. This or the extreme dmg nerf alone would have been overkill already but both at the same time???

why would you destroy one of the main selling points for the expac for warrior players like that...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Ridiculous Anet Balance team as always. Especially after 2020 they keep messing things up. Spearmarshal support was the selling point of warrior spear and now is dead .one random evade and the attack goes to waste. Even if it hits it does so little dmg now it is laughable. The a2 is weak so the cooldown reduction does nothing, it was merely a bone for us dog warrior players. Also, they should keep the unblockable 5 and remove the reflect projectiles. Seriously, these guys make no sense. Also, they nerf staff f1range for some reason. A couple of weeks ago they nerfed the stealth on thief too. Whatever i play they nerf, kitten this kitten. i go back to other weapons like its 2015 all over again. yay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

As expected they nerf Spear instead of Spellbreaker. What is wrong with the balance team really.

All this can be avoided if they balanced Full Counter in PvP and maybe do a balance pass to buff up some underused weapons like idk MAKE RIFLE NOT A JOKE TO USE.

Edited by Jobber.6348
  • Thanks 1

Second time on the bait and switch, first was bladesworn that actually did damage comparable to other classes then hard nerf.  Now the same thing with spear, the damage in WVW is so weak now and spear does nothing else, no boons, no condis, nothing, and spear 5 reflects are awesome.  Spearmarshal impossible to land now as well, so much fun. I didn't believe the class bias until now but my goodness is it evident.  Second time you've gotten my money based on warrior hope,  shame on me right?.......

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I can't wait for all the *Warrior is still giga OP and needs more massiv nerfs* posts. 

Some clickbait titles for you: 

Spear nerf is a great start! Please nerf these other things as well...

Anet please nerf Defense traitline, the sustain is too much still...

Why is Berserker still hitting me for 40k damage in a single hit? Please nerf Berserker

Dragon Slash did 4000 damage to me, it's too much damage! 

Spellbreaker is fine, please nerf Core warrior 
(yo if you need me to explain how much of a joke this is, you don't belong on Warrior sub) 

Edited by Jobber.6348
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That's what they do. They listen to streamers, and several streamers sit in the upper brackets for various reasons.

I've never heard top players say "nerf warrior spear", though I have heard many say "nerf spellbreaker". They did not nerf spellbreaker. They nerfed warrior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And the sad thing, at least in solo roaming WvW you are still forced to run spear.

Because what else I could run? 
Being only melee in this meta is suicide.

Rifle is so garbage and it's a 2012 weapon never revamped, longbow is just a melee condi weapon, you have no other options, but keep using spear for the CCs and evades.

While willbender is laughing hard and its spear4 does more damage then warrior's pre nerf and it's aoe for full damage always.

Nice job anet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1