1 hour ago, Zerin.9834 said:

Guild wars 3 was announced at a share holders meeting by nc soft.

No, it was said that it was in discussion as a possibility for development.   

Probably by the time that happens, you can save enough money to buy a PC.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

No, it was said that it was in discussion as a possibility for development.   

Probably by the time that happens, you can save enough money to buy a PC.  

Or a new concole, as if it is really released for consoles the current models will be rather outdated then

50 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Or a new concole, as if it is really released for consoles the current models will be rather outdated then

Yep 7 years into the future maybe? PS7 pro will be out. 

In all honesty, why consoles for an mmorpg like guildwars 2? A controller can never have all those keybinds? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Yep 7 years into the future maybe? PS7 pro will be out. 

In all honesty, why consoles for an mmorpg like guildwars 2? A controller can never have all those keybinds? 

I mean, FF14 has full controller support, and it's much more of the multiple-hotbars-of-abilities style of game design, similar to WoW.  GW2 should honestly be much more straightforward to design controller support for.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

A controller can never have all those keybinds?

I've seen people play GW2 with a controller on Twitch.

3 hours ago, Zerin.9834 said:

Guild wars 3 was announced at a share holders meeting by nc soft.

No, it wasn't, THE RUMOUR is investors were dissatisfied with GW2 financial performance, so NCsoft mentioned a it's a valuable IP and a potential GW3.

But again, that was all a rumour, we have no idea if it actually went down like that, and if you look at the quarterly earnings of GW2 you'll notice that for many years it has been fairly consistent, so the claim investors were dissatisfied all of a sudden doesn't even make that much sense.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Zerin.9834 said:

I don't get why you guild wars 3 developers don't respond to if guild wars 3 will be for consoles and PC. Not everyone can buy a PC. So can you developers make guild wars 3 for consoles?

The reason is simple: GW3 is not a thing. GW3 has not been officially confirmed at all.

7 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

But again, that was all a rumour, we have no idea if it actually went down like that, and if you look at the quarterly earnings of GW2 you'll notice that for many years it has been fairly consistent, so the claim investors were dissatisfied all of a sudden doesn't even make that much sense.

Yes it's definitely rumor at best. That meeting was purely about increasing profits. One of the things they considered was removing the CFO in favor of someone else who they think will somehow turn the company around and increase profits by a very wide (and probably unrealistic) margin. Investors expect perpetual growth, for some foolish reason. Steady and consistent profits are seen as the harbinger of economic doom, for some stupid reason.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

No, it wasn't, THE RUMOUR is investors were dissatisfied with GW2 financial performance, so NCsoft mentioned a it's a valuable IP and a potential GW3.

NCWest* financial performance plus calling into question whether the NCWest leadership is nepo hire. GW2 has been doing fine. NCWest is and has been a dumpster fire for years. 

39 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

One of the things they considered was removing the CFO in favor of someone else who they think will somehow turn the company around and increase profits by a very wide (and probably unrealistic) margin.

One thing they could do to increase profits was move the gem store away from the FOMO approach, I lost count how many skins I've wanted, they're not available, and by the time they return I can't be bother with them anymore.

• Confused 3

GW3 hasn't been announced. 

Also, even if it is in development, there is abosultely zero chance a GW2 forum (or any forum) is going to get any news, posts or announcements on an official basis. They would do that through official blogs and news pages as they do with GW2. They don't even come here to answer Q's on their active game. Their not going to do it on a game that is a mere rumour and been cancelled at least once already 😉

Also, given the console market is stumbling outside of Nintendo, it might not be much of a priority

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Yeah, the guy who was speaking wasn't the NC Soft CEO (who couldn't be there) and he got flustered when asked about the performance of NC West. Chances are he wasn't in a position to know much about the inner working of ArenaNet and said GW3 instead of SotO or JW or whatever.

It's pretty obvious that the studio is working on something else but it's doubtful that that's GW3 right now. ArenaNet sure aren't giving anything away.

4 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

One thing they could do to increase profits was move the gem store away from the FOMO approach, I lost count how many skins I've wanted, they're not available, and by the time they return I can't be bother with them anymore.

That would likely have the opposite effect, thanks to gold to gem conversion. People would just wait until they get enough gems through conversion, rather than swipe the credit card because they don't have the gold at the moment or have the time to acquire it.