What's the purpose of the Bearkin War Helm?

2 hours ago, corwin.3495 said:

Maybe legendary Aquatic Headgear? 😃 or just a fancy skin you'll be able to get, like the new spear license from the vault. 

Well this is what I was hoping/thinking!! Just didn't want to put my head above the parapet and get it shot off 😁

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Jong.5937 said:

Well this is what I was hoping/thinking!! Just didn't want to put my head above the parapet and get it shot off 😁

It's nothing to do with an aquatic headgear. We know what legendary stuff is coming this expansion and we know two of the items required in the collections - both from doing the map meta achievement. There's every chance we are getting a mini story collection like the early HoT legs and these will be required parts of those collections for the precursors

If they make legendary headgear for underwater, they will tell us in advance to drive sales and it will tie in with the expansion

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

Since it says "Additional copies can be purchased in the near future." I'm thinking that you need both for each of the Spear and the Backpack.

Possible!  My interpretation was that they've learned their lesson about people salvaging items that then turn out to be needed for later content and are preemptively saying that's not a concern (though who knows how expensive it'll be, I'm not salvaging my two meta rewards).

• Like 1

if the new legendaries are anything like aurora and vision, you simply need alot of different and seemingly unrelated precursors. given that one of them is a backpiece, then its very likely the collection will be similar to the other trinkets and existing backpieces.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2

Probably the Gift of Janthir will require the helm, backpack and the items you get for exploring Lowland Shore and Janthir Syntri. 

As for a helm making sense when crafting a Legendary, when did that ever matter? It's just an item that's acquired in the new expansion that's a tiny part of the new Legendaries. The Aurene legendary weapons need a tea set as one of the dozens of items thrown into the mystic toilet after all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Probably the Gift of Janthir will require the helm, backpack and the items you get for exploring Lowland Shore and Janthir Syntri. 

As for a helm making sense when crafting a Legendary, when did that ever matter? It's just an item that's acquired in the new expansion that's a tiny part of the new Legendaries. The Aurene legendary weapons need a tea set as one of the dozens of items thrown into the mystic toilet after all.

That would make sense, possibly also making it that you can trade the Gift of [Map] for an extra helm or backpack? Means you'd need 3 characters minimum to unlock both the Spear and Backpack, or 1 character to unlock just one of the JW Leggies.

Keeps players engaging with the content (similar design as SotO with Obsidian Armour) instead of just buying their way to the end, and creates a longer-term sink for the map gifts since they would be pointless afterwards (Gharr Leadclaw notwithstanding)

I'm reasonably sure that the Precursor weapon or the "themed poem" will need (or both) will need Sweet-treated planks & neutralized Titan Alloy, so make sure you stockpile those along with ectos. As well as Ursus Oblige (at least 3500)

Agreed that it doesn't need to make sense. Consider the slurry we make out of bones, scales, blood, dust, totems, venom, etc., and we then mash it together with plants created ectoplasm and obsidian, and then smeared onto coins, lodestones, or more ectoplasm to create a "Tribute" that's just an oddly coloured lump or statue shaped like a dragon.

Or the fact that I somehow need nearly a dozen books/tales, a bunch of badges, and a literal chunk of a weapon forged from some of the toughest material that exists in-universe to be able to write a poem onto some cheap premium paper.

Edited by Geoff Fey.1035

Yep.... this could be one of those Achievement Mastery Collectibles you need to have completed as part of the Janthir Legendary crafting; 

Remember that Prismatic Champions Regalia? Perhaps its the same idea.  The Lowlands Mastery item(runic stones backpiece) is an element of the legendary backpack crafting though.

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

That would make sense, possibly also making it that you can trade the Gift of [Map] for an extra helm or backpack? Means you'd need 3 characters minimum to unlock both the Spear and Backpack, or 1 character to unlock just one of the JW Leggies.

I'd guess they'll just add them to a vendor for map currency when they're adding the backpack (it's coming in the last content patch so maybe they'll just add a new tab to Gharr Leadclaw). 

But yeah the moment I saw that it takes three logs to make one plank I knew the creating was nonsensical.

Edited by Pifil.5193
Meant map currency not Mario currency, but power stars would be a good currency

It's purpose is probably proving you completed the JS Mastery achievement. Put it into mystic forge with a bunch of other prove you completed jw content stuff and finally include the resulting "jw mastery gift" in the final mystic forge legendary recipe.

Even if its an armor piece, it will be part of a recipe for a component needed in the spear and the backpack. Think this as an example:

Gift of Gavril (Mystic Forge): 250 curious mursaat currencies, 250 charged titan ore, 250 rotted titan amber, 1 bearkin war helm

Since there will be 4 maps total you can imagine:

Gift of Janthir Mastery (Mystic Forge): 1 Gift of Gavril, 1 Gift of Harvest Den (same recipe but with honeycombs, honey flowers etc), 1 Gift of Saul's Hope (same recipe but third map), 1 Gift of Manikaz (same recipe but 4th map)

Edited by GeraldBC.4927