Willbender Mesmer DPS output really needs to be taken care of and Necro just needs full class nerfing

Trevor Boyer.6524

Here's the beef I've got with Spear Mesmer:

• Spear is essentially replacing Greatsword. Greatsword was the original power burst weapon, and people already had problems with its burst potential.
    • Spear further makes this easier by it being a single hit versus having to time bounces on Mirror Blade.
    • Spear has built-in recovery; Greatsword does not.
    • Spear has a built-in immobilize and stun; Greatsword does not.
    • Spear has a built-in gap-closer; Greatsword does not.
  • Spear essentially replaces all that Greatsword used to do and does it significantly better.
  • Spear 2 (Mind the Gap) having a 100% crit chance mechanic because you hit someone on the outer ring is pretty insane, on top of it doing 20% more damage. So you're essentially loading up the mechanic on casting the skill while about-facing away.
  • Spear 3 (Imaginary Inversion) being able to heal, cleanse conditions, and deal a hefty amount of damage essentially makes it a better Blurred Frenzy (with only a 5 second cool down difference). Without sacrificing the damage loss of going Sword/X for a brief moment.
  • Spear 4 (Phantasmal Lancer) is really strong, I personally think that's fine. No issues with this skill.
  • Spear 5 (Mental Collapse) is easily one of the strongest spear skills added between all the Spears. It can deal ACTUAL damage while having the ability to stun (assuming you landed the Clarity proc on Spear 2). Not only that, it also resets the the Spear 2 immediately to follow-up with another critical hit/Clarity proc for a different skill.

This is all coming from the dork who enjoys playing GS Mesmer in general. I hate that Spear is outperforming a weapon that sacrifices all its sustain to deal less damage overall. It's kind of wild how unwilling the devs are about giving Mesmer things that would be more reasonable. Mirror Blade dealing the same damage would be seen as busted and unfair. Illusionary Wave (our knockback) dealing damage would be seen as unreasonable.

</rant>

I've got opinions about Willbender, but I'm not capable of articulating what the issues are due to not having enough hands-on experience with the Profession as a whole. I just know Spear is doing the same thing on Guardian as it is on Mesmer, replacing its original burst weapon.

There's one that I feel like you all aren't paying enough attention to just yet, Spear Catalyst (Rivers Relic). It'll eventually sneak up once people get more and more willing to use it. Once Willbender or Mesmer's Spear get nerfed, it'll stand out more. Just keep an eye on it. Trust. 😉

Edited by Vinny.7260
  • Like 2

I think anet should just bump the cooldowns on WB , Mesmer or whatever blow you up spec people think of. Like currently WB/DH , Mesmer of whatever just overwhelm you with hard hitting skills, like you dodge block whatever and since they have the initial strike with some kind of you cant touch me but sure as kitten I can skill or something you are always on the defensive, but even if you play perfectly with your defensives you get over the initial barrage it still continues with more hard hitting skills. 
I say bump the cds here and there let them have their surprise attack, but if it fails they have to be on the ropes. Like give them some reason to think about which skill and when to use them instead of use everything now and get it in 20 seconds max, while everyone else has 1 minute TTK on it.
For example lets take Renewed focus, good skill to have on DH, Core and FB not that Amazing , kinda busted on WB the rest of the elites kinda can't compete for the slot invuln with reset is just way better then the rest, buff /rework the rest of the elites and increase the cd like to 120 s or more till the rest of the skills become valuable. Crashing Courage doesn't need to be 30 second cd, should be more considering that similar skills got the nerf bat long ago. Whirling wrath shouldn't have lost its drawback, and many such little things here and there
For Mesmer did Virtuoso really need to get distortion , I can kitten and moan allot about all of the AoE dazes that Mesmer can chain while also doing damage cause kitten us thats why or there is Continuum Split where you get rewarded even if you kitten up.

Anet should really think on a basis of archetypes and giving strengths and weakness for them instead of making bunker roamer duelist 3000 that can do everything to the power n. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Spear 2 (Mind the Gap) having a 100% crit chance mechanic because you hit someone on the outer ring is pretty insane, on top of it doing 20% more damage. So you're essentially loading up the mechanic on casting the skill while about-facing away.

Spear 2 seems a lil' cracked. It's arguably better than Warrior GS burst skills.

• Arcing Slice - 150 range, 8s cd, 1.82 coef, fury
  • Arc Divider - 450 range, 5s cd, 1.82 coef
  • Mind the Gap - 300 range, 6s cd, 1.54 coef (+20% outer, so 1.84 actually?), 100% crit on outer, possibly 4 stacks of might, makes a clone, whirl finisher, buffs other spear skills, automatically harvests your garden plots, picks up your Trading Post items

• Haha 5

On 10/13/2024 at 1:25 PM, Provocative.3561 said:

Bro hasn’t seen theif dps? Warriors lockdown kite dps?  Meanwhile necro exists. Scrapper and holo says hello. And rev would like a word.

One of thease is: mele, slow, withaout teleports or a way to bypass wards/verticality, with very telegraphed engage, gets completly shafted by chill and cannot chase down 6 out of 9 classes in this game when they're played correctly and has the lowest burst damage from all the mentioned, which forces it to be a CC bot. - can you guess which it is?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coro.3176 said:

Arc Divider - 450 range, 5s cd, 1.82 coef

450 range stated here is a lie in the tooltip, becouse arena is a very competent company.
the page also states 360 radious - which is the real AoE of the ability.

But Yeah, Mesmer gets Arc Divider, but withaout the need to be in Rage, or to gather Adrenaline, and which can be cast out of stealth.

Warrior OP nerf warrior, i guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coro.3176 said:

Spear 2 seems a lil' cracked. It's arguably better than Warrior GS burst skills.

• Arcing Slice - 150 range, 8s cd, 1.82 coef, fury
  • Arc Divider - 450 range, 5s cd, 1.82 coef
  • Mind the Gap - 300 range, 6s cd, 1.54 coef (+20% outer, so 1.84 actually?), 100% crit on outer, possibly 4 stacks of might, makes a clone, whirl finisher, buffs other spear skills, automatically harvests your garden plots, picks up your Trading Post items

While I get the comparison spears, weirdly, have the same weapon damage spread as 1h weapons so relative to 2h weapons they do ~10% less damage. If you factor that into the coeffs its closer to 1.386/1.66.

2 hours ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

One of thease is: mele, slow, withaout teleports or a way to bypass wards/verticality, with very telegraphed engage, gets completly shafted by chill and cannot chase down 6 out of 9 classes in this game when they're played correctly and has the lowest burst damage from all the mentioned, which forces it to be a CC bot. - can you guess which it is?

You are completely missing the point here about the cherry picking rage bait that is the constant crying about particular classes over others who arguably do equal or more damage than aforementioned. Odd

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Provocative.3561 said:

You are completely missing the point here about the cherry picking rage bait that is the constant crying about particular classes over others who arguably do equal or more damage than aforementioned. Odd

I think he got the point.

I think what he's doing is, also pointing out that in no way is Engi even comparable to Guard/Mes/Necro right now in terms of strength. Pretty sure he did this because someone had made the comment "Scrapper Holo says hello" next to Guard/Mes/Necro, as if they were somehow slightly behind those classes in strength, when the truth is that Engi is straight up obsolete right now when sat next to Guard/Mes/Necro. Keyword there, obsolete. In fact, many classes are showing be entirely unviable the more people are learning how strong Gurd/Mes/Necro is.

These 3 classes really need to be put back into line. It's funking the game up man. Feels bad to play.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 10/14/2024 at 6:32 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Friendly reminder about how botched the dynamic is.

Check out the incredibly diverse listing of meta - PvP Builds - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

Go ahead and add Willbender into that.

Some actual adequate fixing would be great to see.

I think this is mostly because they haven't updated it yet.  Support mes shouldn't really be on that list after the nerfs.  And even necro is suffering because all the WBs and mesmers are keeping it in check.  Which is actually nice for me (ele main) since necros counter me (no more 2-3 necros per team, hurray!).  I think necros will need to be toned down if WBs and mesmers get nerfed.

6 hours ago, Provocative.3561 said:

no, I'm pointing out that cherry picking rage bait, is what you just did.

A class that has to slowly make their way towards you, announce their presence, and brawl with you for 30+ secnds untill you burn all your stunbreaks to have a chance at bursting you down, is not the same as a class that teleports to you trough walls, out of stealth, with no warning or counterplay whatsoever.

For example with sword 2 thief can port in, and port out whenever he has initiative. and he can port with it trough walls so long he has a target. 
He can kill people on either sidenode on skyhammer by porting in, dealing its damage, and porting out, over the rocky wall surrounding those side objectives. - there's nothing for exampe warrior or ranger can do about it, as port-back works while CC'd and daredevils dodge removes immobilize. - and in higher tier lobbies G3 and above, thief players do that kitten constantly and wherever possible. (while having the same dmg output as power Berserker btw). - this has no counterplay, as even if you can port after them (guard can rev can, undamed can) they simply pop stealth and you lose targeting, and can't port to them anymore.

I reccomend you stop ignoring the bigger picture, and accept the fact that all classes aren't created equall, and that not every fight is a damage check on a target dummy.

• Like 3

I would say a few words for necros: they dont need complete class nerfs 😛 TY...

Btw reapers can use some tone down on elite and thats all they need (maybe 1 second on targets and 2 seconds on melee). They cause some problems with chill, corrupt and unblockable shout, but i can tell you, they are not unkillable and not even a death threat to anyone (just dont hug them in shroud).

Every necro is still allergic to cc (i must run 2 stunbreaks just to even fkng survive), shroud dont protects from condis (scg and harb has no second health bar) and mobility is not that good anyway (we got sword but who runs that?). Any of two teleporting manace (mes, gua, tif, rev) and a little cc can make i melt like iceream. Yeye the big health is nice, but no block, no invuln that could mitigate full bursts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mythras.2091 said:

and not even a death threat to anyone (just dont hug them in shroud).

yes, as you know its easy to kite an enemy who spams chill (66% movespeed reduction, and DCR reduction on top of that), has a dash (reaper shroud 2) a shitload of deacently far reaching CC shroud 5, Elite, Staff 5, pistol 3, Torch 5, spectral ring. - and also it has stab and 66% dmg reduction (reaper shroud 3).

If a reaper is not a death threat to you only when you play PvE.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mythras.2091 said:

Every necro is still allergic to cc (i must run 2 stunbreaks just to even fkng survive), shroud dont protects from condis (scg and harb has no second health bar) and mobility is not that good anyway (we got sword but who runs that?). Any of two teleporting manace (mes, gua, tif, rev) and a little cc can make i melt like iceream. Yeye the big health is nice, but no block, no invuln that could mitigate full bursts.

Every Necro Ive seen in PvP runs Reaper or Harb. 

Reaper has Infusing Terror into a "Chilled to the Bone!", 5 stacks of stab.

Harbringer has Implacable Foe into Elixir of Ambition, 6 stacks of stab.

Nothing protects from condis except cleanse, its overtuned compared to power damage, which shroud reduces in combo with Deaths Carapace.

Every shout is a psudo CC in combo with Relic of the Reaper, chill might be one of the most powerful condis in PvP/WvW.

You have a 600 range engage with Deaths Charge and you can start a fight at 1500 range by edging people with staff. Your right though, without sword its difficult to engage a fight. But Necros are teamfight monsters, they excell at it.

Getting into melee with either a Reaper or a Harb requires you to have at least 3 stunbreaks for "Chilled to the Bone!", Vital Draw, Oppressive Collapse,  Vile Darts and/or Reapers Mark.

You cant out cleanse either a Reaper or a Harb. Believe me, ive tried doing that on support builds specifically made for condi removal, I didnt even come close.

You may not have any direct blocks or "mitigation" tools off the bat, but burning through a 20k health bar and a 20k shroud bar isnt an easy feat either for some professions. 

And this isnt a 1v1 game most times, even a 2v2 situation allows Necros to shine.

• Like 1

I love how people keep complaining about the same two classes all the time

Guess people don't see anything else just Virt and WB 

Really now people, if only these two classes would be busted the state of the game would be much much better

But let me give you some idea of what am talking about,  perma stealth thief with 7-8k backstabs, Necro with ultimate condi spam, Spear herald that strips even your clothes while you are going against it not just your boons, catalists/tempest/core ele with spear having permanent prot/swiftness and being able to lock you down and kill you from range, the new nowdays fancy soulbeasts that evade 20 times in a minute while cleansing and healing everything on their own, defense spellbreakers that are basically not breaking a sweat in any fight unless you go 1v3 against it, untamed with their utility is still insane and ofc core guard and chrono supp is still more than viable, these are all okey? 

So yea, the funny thing is that all I see on the forums is WB and Mes all the time, sprinkled with some warriors, but I never see people actually bringing up any other classes, are we actually sure we don't simply just have a bias against certain classes? And see things like Thief being able to port in and out fights while hitting for 8k each time is actually okey?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nepster.4275 said:

I love how people keep complaining about the same two classes all the time

They are also complaining about Necromancer.

Guess people don't see anything else just Virt and WB

Nah it's Willbenders and all Mesmers in general. This tends to happen when something is demonstrating clear overperformance.

Really now people, if only these two classes would be busted the state of the game would be much much better

They are busted which pushes other specs out of viability. This is boring zzz, and it is why people are complaining about it.

But let me give you some idea of what am talking about,  perma stealth thief with 7-8k backstabs, Necro with ultimate condi spam, Spear herald that strips even your clothes while you are going against it not just your boons, catalists/tempest/core ele with spear having permanent prot/swiftness and being able to lock you down and kill you from range, the new nowdays fancy soulbeasts that evade 20 times in a minute while cleansing and healing everything on their own, defense spellbreakers that are basically not breaking a sweat in any fight unless you go 1v3 against it, untamed with their utility is still insane and ofc core guard and chrono supp is still more than viable, these are all okey?

• Thief is fine. It's arguably a bit strong right now, but it's not running the meta and shutting out classes like WBer/Mes/Necro are.
  • Necro is overperforming to such a degree, that you could randomly roll a Necro's traits, utilities, and weapons used, and it will actually be viable.
  • Herald has some new annoying builds popping up, but I'm not feeling anything OP.
  • Ele is fine for once. Still annoying and I hate that class, but it's fine.
  • Soulbeast has received nothing but hard nerfs for the past 2 years. Both power and condi variants are weak in this current meta. When you see people playing & killing as a Soulbeast and actually keeping up in plat+ matches, you better recognize & respect, because those are master or near-master ranger players.
  • Spellbreaker is fine now. It's annoying yeah, but you shouldn't be trying to 1v1 a side node spec. That's just how it is. What's important is that it is now just a side node duelist again, instead of being a side node duelist that is also a roamer and one of the best team fighters.
  • Untamed is straight mediocre in this meta, any variant. Even in the absence of all the complained about OP stuff, Untamed will still lose to Ele on a side, and it brings nothing special to a team fight or roaming either.
  • Guard Support is the epitome of mediocre right now.
  • Chrono Support's only problem is that it has too much damage for the level of support it has. It's like if a Guard Support was dealing damage like it had on marauder or demolisher, but in fact still had avatar and full support traits/utilities.

So yea, the funny thing is that all I see on the forums is WB and Mes all the time, sprinkled with some warriors

And Necro. People are complaining about the top offenders for sure. But people should lay off Spellbreaker now.

are we actually sure we don't simply just have a bias against certain classes?

Nah, people are pretty spot on to be complaining about WBer/Mes/Necro.

And see things like Thief being able to port in and out fights while hitting for 8k each time is actually okey?

I agree that Thief damage is arguably too high on certain builds, but it is not in the same ballpark of overperformance as current WBer/Mes/Necro.

• Confused 5

57 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

They are also complaining about Necromancer.

Nah it's Willbenders and all Mesmers in general. This tends to happen when something is demonstrating clear overperformance.

They are busted which pushes other specs out of viability. This is boring zzz, and it is why people are complaining about it.

• Thief is fine. It's arguably a bit strong right now, but it's not running the meta and shutting out classes like WBer/Mes/Necro are.
  • Necro is overperforming to such a degree, that you could randomly roll a Necro's traits, utilities, and weapons used, and it will actually be viable.
  • Herald has some new annoying builds popping up, but I'm not feeling anything OP.
  • Ele is fine for once. Still annoying and I hate that class, but it's fine.
  • Soulbeast has received nothing but hard nerfs for the past 2 years. Both power and condi variants are weak in this current meta. When you see people playing & killing as a Soulbeast and actually keeping up in plat+ matches, you better recognize & respect, because those are master or near-master ranger players.
  • Spellbreaker is fine now. It's annoying yeah, but you shouldn't be trying to 1v1 a side node spec. That's just how it is. What's important is that it is now just a side node duelist again, instead of being a side node duelist that is also a roamer and one of the best team fighters.
  • Untamed is straight mediocre in this meta, any variant. Even in the absence of all the complained about OP stuff, Untamed will still lose to Ele on a side, and it brings nothing special to a team fight or roaming either.
  • Guard Support is the epitome of mediocre right now.
  • Chrono Support's only problem is that it has too much damage for the level of support it has. It's like if a Guard Support was dealing damage like it had on marauder or demolisher, but in fact still had avatar and full support traits/utilities.

And Necro. People are complaining about the top offenders for sure. But people should lay off Spellbreaker now.

Nah, people are pretty spot on to be complaining about WBer/Mes/Necro.

I agree that Thief damage is arguably too high on certain builds, but it is not in the same ballpark of overperformance as current WBer/Mes/Necro.

First off, there is difference between Mesmer and Mesmer players too, don't treat that class as if it would be faceroll like Necro or WB, you are free to go on Mesmer and try it yourself, you will get beaten by most people/classes depending on what rank game we are talking about

Mesmer always was a "newbie punisher" that's why you see a lot of it in unranked matches/lower rankeds because as you go up a bit, you see less and less of it due to it rather being good against newer players but falling short when it comes to matchups against more decent players, with the introduction of Spear the skillcap fell but it's still there, idk maybe it's just me but I never have a problem beating a mesmer 1v1 on Reaper or Spb

Not sure from where you other arguments are coming from, but 

Rev is not just annoying, it's a really strong build, really high condition output with a lot of sustain and boon generation and CC

Thief indeed does and can kill any class, depending on the player, currently thief is a really good choice and not just because of the damage it can do, but due to the fact that it has a lot of stealth/ability to decap nodes faster than most other builds in the game right now

Necro, again, it comes down to that against who you are playing, if you are aware of the skills a necro has and you are playing a somewhat decent build, you are able to kill it, tho in the same time I agree with Necro overperforming BUT only if we take into considertation it's low skillcap, otherwise if you match up a decent Necro player into a good rev, the rev most likely is gonna win most of the time due to it having condi transfers, and more CC than necro has stabs, or well, this is what I think, it's not scientifically proven...

If ele is part of the fine category then Mesmer is also fine, because both of them actually requires you to somewhat know what you are doing, or otherwise you are gonna get punished really hard for the mistakes you do, in mesmer's case it's condies, in Ele's case it's CC

Soulbeast or ranger in general, not sure where you are coming from rangers being in the underperforming category again, I mean ofc it's not the most OP thing in the game rn, but it's not Engi, the massive amounts of evades you get, with all the natural sustain of the class combined with the stealthy bursty playstyle of the class I think is more than fine, I actually see a lot of rangers in Plat and they are not really classes you want to go against if you don't know what you doing

Spellbreaker, again, fine? You literally need atleast 3 people against a good Spb, where is that fine? And yes, I actually talking from experience, if a warr knows how their class works, there is no kitten way that you can beat it 1v1(maybe DH or WB), even in 1v2 it's hard to do anything against it and again, if they know what they are doing they kite away from point, essentially splitting the 1v2 into a 1v1, kill the one who's following them, and then go back on point and sit there

As for the supports yeah okey, I need to agree since I get low to none play on supports so I need to take your word for it

But in the same time, you can't measure classes and decide what is OP just from their damage numbers, it's not that easy you need to take into consideration that what else classes have, thief is not OP in my opinion because it can hit you for 8k or something, but due to the fact that it can port in and out of fights, leave a fight when it wishes to, stealth and wait for enemies to go away, and basically go from close to far in less than 20 seconds

Spb is not OP because even on a defense build it can hit you for 6k, but because you have no chance against it even if you evade all it's attacks, Spb has more ways to CC you than you have evades, and even if you evade all attacks it has the sustain to wait for it's CDs, and the fact that it can hold points comfortably and in the same time hold 1v2s comfortably, basically making the other team to fight with two people less, since those two are trying to kill an SPB on close or something... If you get what I mean

I mean yes okey, my initial argument was not about that if Mesmer/WB is broken or not, WB definetly is and mesmer is also too good in punishing people who make mistakes, BUT my argument was that all people talk about are these two(and necro even tho I rarely see threads with necros being called OP in them) and for some reason things that I see dumb or unfair are somewhat never talked about, like Riffle Deadeye someone? Condi Mirage? Trapper DH? None of these... And that was what I was talking about, I get the WB and Mesmer are in a "too good" state, but we should not act like if there are no other classes that can come close to them, the difference is that WB requires low skillcap, mesmer a bit more so the entry level to them is much lower than for something like Spear ele, or Condi Herald so in general the low skill cap builds seem much better than something like Condi Herald where you are required to plan and actually use skills, but I see no problem with a Condi herald killing a mesmer

Again, no disrespect or anything, this is how I see it

In my opinion, the balance of the game is broken not because certain classes, but certain mechanics that classes abuse in most of the times this is the aspect of condition damage and how condi builds work, and the boon system, both of these would need to be adjusted, but that's not something we will anytime soon, so till then the meta will always be broken and there will be classes abusing broken mechanics

Edited by Nepster.4275
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Mythras.2091 said:

I would say a few words for necros: they dont need complete class nerfs 😛 TY...

Tbh, I think necros in general are in a good place, against a single necro condi/corruption fart is manageable if you know your kitten and theirs, issue comes in hand when enemy team stacked 2+ and it becomes a shitshow and there's no easy way to balance that

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nepster.4275 said:

But in the same time, you can't measure classes and decide what is OP just from their damage numbers, it's not that easy you need to take into consideration that what else classes have

I judge what's OP and give analysis of balance trends based on being a day 1 join 12 year old player with 32,000 games played in GW2 pvp.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

15 hours ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Tbh, I think necros in general are in a good place, against a single necro condi/corruption fart is manageable if you know your kitten and theirs, issue comes in hand when enemy team stacked 2+ and it becomes a shitshow and there's no easy way to balance that

Almost every class stacking becomes a shitshow nowadays.

19 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Necro is overperforming to such a degree, that you could randomly roll a Necro's traits, utilities, and weapons used, and it will actually be viable.

Not really. If i want to be alive, i must roll at least one defensive line (mostly death magic), or in harb i have seen ppl with death and blood magic too. If i try old procmancer, im dead in seconds. With that setup i cant run soul reaping, so no undending shroud and carapace also need to be build

On 10/16/2024 at 9:13 AM, WingSwipe.3084 said:

You have a 600 range engage with Deaths Charge and you can start a fight at 1500 range by edging people with staff. Your right though, without sword its difficult to engage a fight. But Necros are teamfight monsters, they excell at it.

I can agree with that, carapace builds fast in teamfight, though 1v1 is a little hard. Positioning still also the key, because once im in, its hard to get out. A little CC chain on a necro can shut it down fast.

I know im not the best necro, but for now i feel like im not kitten, nor the killing god of the field, that i would call it somehow balanced 😛

On 10/16/2024 at 8:13 AM, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Every Necro Ive seen in PvP runs Reaper or Harb. 

Reaper has Infusing Terror into a "Chilled to the Bone!", 5 stacks of stab.

Harbringer has Implacable Foe into Elixir of Ambition, 6 stacks of stab.

Nothing protects from condis except cleanse, its overtuned compared to power damage, which shroud reduces in combo with Deaths Carapace.

Every shout is a psudo CC in combo with Relic of the Reaper, chill might be one of the most powerful condis in PvP/WvW.

Getting into melee with either a Reaper or a Harb requires you to have at least 3 stunbreaks for "Chilled to the Bone!", Vital Draw, Oppressive Collapse,  Vile Darts and/or Reapers Mark.

You cant out cleanse either a Reaper or a Harb. Believe me, ive tried doing that on support builds specifically made for condi removal, I didnt even come close.

You may not have any direct blocks or "mitigation" tools off the bat, but burning through a 20k health bar and a 20k shroud bar isnt an easy feat either for some professions. 

And this isnt a 1v1 game most times, even a 2v2 situation allows Necros to shine.

With an average of 4 necros per game.. I just can't play power rev at all. If you get past all the CC/condi, they face tank 30k burst likes its nothing. There is no outrotating either, since games are full of virt/WB/axe thieves, specs that will punish you hard just for missing 1 measly dodge, a favour you can only return if you last long enough for them to blow all their durational crutches/stealth spam. Not that axe thief ever runs out of stealth.. so much fun cleaving thin air, becuase the only time you get too see him is during a fking 3 evade.

It really is a kitten shame they nerfed ventari so badly, it actually gave reapers a hard time in group fights. Why not?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1