Getting more people into Raids

Tyson.5160

I think it is tricky to come up with a perfect tool.. I see the current tool working since I pug all my raids not ideal not perfect but it works. But that's just for me I guess.I say it's not perfect for me bcos i hv to play at odd hours being oceanic player in EU server..What is a perfect LFG tool we hv in mind .. might hv missed it in the long discussion up there

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The community is more adaptive. When faced with numerous fail attempts & critism, instead of giving up effort is placed. Willing to change builds or meta as reference, change classes w alts etc anything to beat the challenge. LFG is widely accepted in EU because mostly are exp. Numerous fail atempt to learn is not merely 1-5 wipes and call quits, "I have plenty of raid exp already(5 attempts?) and its too hard." Was people dying due to lack of healing or fatal mistake? Will the Dps make it within the timer? If what went wrong isn't noted to be corrected, nothing is learned. Instead of trying to change the encounter to your favor, why not otherwise? Same effort :smile:.

@avey.4201 said:I'll do raids when I can walk in with a longbow/sword/warhorn or dagger on ranger, but at this point necros are throwing more damage than ranger traps at longbow ranges.

Unrelated (referring to me),ranger can do short burst but when the dmg is put into constant/long encounters, sad to say nothing makes it stand out. There are other classe/specialization that can perform the same and better by providing boons at the same time (makes a difference in raid with Bosses having millions in HP). Not a good choice for comparison using a zerker ranger's trap dmg with a condi necro (longbow is 1200-1500 yrds vs necro 600-900 yrds btw). I do enjoy using my soulbeast to burst things down especially in wvw (sometimes w dual longbow-rapid fire with quick draw for lol).

@Tyson.5160 said:

@CptAurellian.9537 said:The reason is simple, but I'll gladly repeat it: Not everyone is interested in everything. And that's fine. Like everything else in this game with the exception of open world content, raids are niche content designed for a certain demographic. For that group, they look pretty successful. Other niches like sPvP or PvD have virtually no barrier to entry at all and yet the available statistics don't look as if even a third of the playerbase participates regularly.

I’m very interested in the content and love the fights, it just not fun with all the waiting. Generally it’s not the actually fights that take up the time but the down time in between and people leaving.

Everything fun has downtime

@zealex.9410 said:

@CptAurellian.9537 said:The reason is simple, but I'll gladly repeat it: Not everyone is interested in everything. And that's fine. Like everything else in this game with the exception of open world content, raids are niche content designed for a certain demographic. For that group, they look pretty successful. Other niches like sPvP or PvD have virtually no barrier to entry at all and yet the available statistics don't look as if even a third of the playerbase participates regularly.

I’m very interested in the content and love the fights, it just not fun with all the waiting. Generally it’s not the actually fights that take up the time but the down time in between and people leaving.

Everything fun has downtime

While that quote is very funny (and true), I don't think it should apply to things where the downtime can be as much as 50% or even more of the time you spend trying to play something instead of playing it, and this is what some people reportedly are waiting around for groups.

@zealex.9410 said:

Everything fun has downtimeIn case of games, that downtime should fall on times when you don't play them.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Everything fun has downtimeIn case of games, that downtime should fall on times when you don't play them.

Nah not really. Downtime is part of the experience, its a build up to the main thing ppl are w8ing for.

Not to throw some dirt in LordOtto's face but the 150g he paid to us, and we are indeed a raid selling guild. The fact that he stayed alive is irrelevant (although to be fair he didn't kill us with bombs). Yes it was cheap, we were doing it for the memes since LordOtto was complaining about our guild in a now deleted thread on these forums :open_mouth:

And yes, it's very possible to carry players on dhuum, as long as the people who carry have the essential jobs. You can 7 man dhuum, and probably lower, so you can carry 3+ people.

@Dzjudz.9142 said:Not to throw some dirt in LordOtto's face but the 150g he paid to us, and we are indeed a raid selling guild. The fact that he stayed alive is irrelevant (although to be fair he didn't kill us with bombs). Yes it was cheap, we were doing it for the memes since LordOtto was complaining about our guild in a now deleted thread on these forums :open_mouth:

And yes, it's very possible to carry players on dhuum, as long as the people who carry have the essential jobs. You can 7 man dhuum, and probably lower, so you can carry 3+ people.

So all people have to do to get cheaper raid clears is complain about your guild on the forum?

Challenge accepted =)

Same for any other games, it depends on the company and community to find joy. (It's enjoyable with friends, guildies, people you trust, making new friends etc.but difficult when either or both side is being skeptical.

@"Opal.9324" said:Only reason I don't raid in this game is because the options for what's considered "meta" seem too limited here from what I've been told. If I can't play the characters I enjoy playing, I simply won't bother.

Nothing is fixed, I feel "meta" is giving a different impression in meaning nowadays. META (Most Effective Tactic Avail), other builds/ method works, just not as effective. There is leniency as long as it's within margin (players can be carried, overlapping classes etc). Personally I find it fun thinkering builds, finding 'cheese' strategy & ways to improve.

@"Opal.9324" said:Only reason I don't raid in this game is because the options for what's considered "meta" seem too limited here from what I've been told. If I can't play the characters I enjoy playing, I simply won't bother.

I suggest to you to try them at least once or better a few times. People love to exaggerate a little how limited the META is and how terrible all community members are. Usually based on nothing but something they heard second hand or after a bad exerience they in no small way caused themselves.That said, there are certainly build limitation you have to deal with when it comes to more competitive PvE content. There are non-META builds and there are non-META builds. Depends on what we are talking about here and how narrow your view on "fun builds" is. Content which requires you to be efficient and flexible to a degree might not be suited for everyone in the end.

Well, my real problem is that in other MMOs, I always have the most fun raiding when I'm the tank. This game seems to have only 1 option for tanking in raids, and it's a class that I don't care much for. There's not really anything I can do about that, and I'm not gonna inconvenience the rest of the team just so I can play what I want to play. I don't do that whole getting carried thing.

@"Opal.9324" said:Only reason I don't raid in this game is because the options for what's considered "meta" seem too limited here from what I've been told.

Well, my real problem is that in other MMOs, I always have the most fun raiding when I'm the tank. This game seems to have only 1 option for tanking in raids, and it's a class that I don't care much for. There's not really anything I can do about that, and I'm not gonna inconvenience the rest of the team just so I can play what I want to play. I don't do that whole getting carried thing.

Correct me if im wrong. You're interested to play as a tank, but someone told you that your class is not optimal/meta class to be one (tank)?

Just a term, depends on how one interprets. It is possible to kill some bosses with lesser than 10 members. (Eg. Some groups can get the kill done with just 7 members. Therefore they can fill the 3 vacant spots w players and still get it done even if they do not perform.thus 'carried' their share of work). Some might view them as a burden etc. but the fight will go easier with the addition.

imo, everyone contributed to the fight altho some might have contributed less compared to others for the kill. Depending on the situation, not fair to compare dpser's dmg with tank and utility healer/support or someone which died middle of the encounter. As long as its killed within the timer, everyone contributes to the kill no matter what the dps shows. Sorry, for straying off the post topic as we go.

I'd say what Raids need at this point is a junction between P.V.E. content and Raid content. A lobby similar to P.VP. might do, or perhaps something a bit more 'Raid mechanisms': content focused on the dos-and-don'ts, and/or a display of cause and effects that a player will encounter if they decide to invest in Raiding.

Honestly, I'd pay for a new 'Living Story' type of instance where my character could 'enroll' in a Trade School like setting, replete with an N.P.C. instructor(Drill Sergeant?), training grounds(gauntlets), and dialog tutorials -- maybe even an exam or two would be appropriate. Should my character complete said training program, I would receive a nice 'shiny' and a title like 'Raid Certified' or some such.

Archived