A possible counterplay to condi spam : A change to Soulcleave's Summit/Rebound

Arheundel.6451

Let's set aside all differences and discussions for a moment and allow me to present this idea which would effectively 1.make PvP more fun for everybody , 2.No grievance for anybody and 3.We improve the build diversity of the meta

I have taken inspiration from the Spellbreaker elite which blocks incoming boons for the enemies...now what if we change the Renegade elite Soulcleave's Summit to an area denial that stop all inc conditions for the allies? - Say you as the enemy cannot apply any condis to me as long as I sit inside the renegade elite, pretty neat isn't it?

Now you wouldn't be able to "automatically" win teamfight by double scourge every fight because the enemy would have a chance to sit on the point and power cleave all opposition at melee range

About the tempest elite change : remove the heal and change to 60s CD shout 600 range, 10s duration, allies in range receive -33% condition damage

Good or bad idea? And why?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Would just be original diamond skin 2.0, mostly gimmicky but completely infuriating if it actually becomes viable.

So what to do in this game?If you ask to nerf gimmicks..people jump at your throat..if you ask for gimmicks to combat other gimmicks..people won't agree

Cause your gimmick is unreasonable.Preventing Boon application is one thing but to prevent dmg (at least one form of it) altogether is another thing entirely.If they made a trait where spirits pulse certain boons (like resistance, prot etc.), that would be reasonable for instance.

@BikeIsGone.8675 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Would just be original diamond skin 2.0, mostly gimmicky but completely infuriating if it actually becomes viable.

So what to do in this game?If you ask to nerf gimmicks..people jump at your throat..if you ask for gimmicks to combat other gimmicks..people won't agree

Cause your gimmick is unreasonable.Preventing Boon application is one thing but to prevent dmg (at least one form of it) altogether is another thing entirely.If they made a trait where spirits pulse certain boons (like resistance, prot etc.), that would be reasonable for instance.

Preventing boon application completely kills certain classes/roles which by design are forced to rely on boons to function, if there was a problem with boon..dunno maybe design classes so they don't fart boons to start with?

The devs themselves choose always the easy and lazy way out instead than doing the proper job...then the players pay the price in terms of wasted time and opportunities, yes! my suggestion is unreasonable..but so it's the idea of preventing boon application when they're the ones who created boons reliant classes...quite hypocritical isn't it?

Archived