Frostfang on necro

Subli.8217

It really bugs me that Frostfang + Ghastly Claws (axe#2 skill) doesn't produce special trail effect the Frostfang makes while autoattacking. I suggest to the person working on legendary weapons to enable the icy trail for the duration of the skill, it would make it look very epic and legendary like. Right now the fractal axe skin produces awesome effect in combination with Ghastly Claws, why not Frostfang which is much harder to get.

Quick gif i glued together:click

@Pimsley.3681 said:Frostfang design is indeed inferior. I thought the glacial axe had a more detailed design.

Indeed it does. A lot of relatively newer axe skins puts it to shame.

Which is extremely sad because thematically it is one of my favourite Legendaries.

It is just so... poor in terms of quality. I regret crafting it soooo much! It should have the snowfall effect from Winter's Presence as an aura or something like that. It really does not compare to most other Legendaries.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:I don’t think Frostfang has ever been updated like the other Legendaries. So it’s definitely time. I was considering crafting it but was disheartened when I saw your Gif.

I've been trying to get Anet's attention to it by making threads about it from time to time.

Nothing has ever come from out; neither other forum-goers nor Anet seem particularly interested in it...

• 3 weeks later...

I tried it out on my Mirage and hilariously/tragically it makes all their fancy Axe skills look way, waaay worse with all the Mesmery purple effects being removed and a simple copy-paste of Frostfang’s model being used instead (without any sfx).

I ended up transmoging it into the Veilrender Mirage collection axe instead.

If I could salvage Frostfang and get everything back, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

If I could salvage Frostfang and get everything back, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Oh this!!! Yes, please! I am so sorry I made this weapon and would love the opportunity to get my mats back so that I could forge something else.I also have a necro and this axe is so disappointing.There has to be a way to do this.....maybe a one time thing so that ppl just don't keep rolling new legendaries??

You hit a nerve here .... my necro mains Frostfang. :'(
I don't do it for anything other than I like axes as weapons in this game. I use them with every character that has the ability unlocked. If I liked daggers as much, I would have a legendary dagger.I don't know how much work it would take to upgrade, but it would be much appreciated.

@The Angle of Deth.2985 said:Oh, and another thing...with the new elite specialization opened up allowing the necro to use a greatsword the axe becomes obsolete.It would be nice to be able to upgrade our legendary axes to a legendary greatsword to follow us as we embrace the new specializations.

power reaper meta build utilizes axe as well as greatsword.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@The Angle of Deth.2985 said:Oh, and another thing...with the new elite specialization opened up allowing the necro to use a greatsword the axe becomes obsolete.It would be nice to be able to upgrade our legendary axes to a legendary greatsword to follow us as we embrace the new specializations.

power reaper meta build utilizes axe as well as greatsword.

I was going to say, Reaper made Dagger obsolete, not Axe.

I only made Frostfang because I got the precursor as a gift, but I was pleasantly surprised and regretted not making it sooner. But I use it on warrior, so I guess the skills make the difference? Oh, and on an Asura, and the Iceps are awesome on an Asura, much like Rodgort's Fireceps (both of which are crappy on Norn and Charr).

@Thelgar.7214 said:I only made Frostfang because I got the precursor as a gift, but I was pleasantly surprised and regretted not making it sooner. But I use it on warrior, so I guess the skills make the difference? Oh, and on an Asura, and the Iceps are awesome on an Asura, much like Rodgort's Fireceps (both of which are crappy on Norn and Charr).

It is still a low-quality Legendary regardless.

Take a look at someone wielding another Legendary and compare.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Thelgar.7214 said:I only made Frostfang because I got the precursor as a gift, but I was pleasantly surprised and regretted not making it sooner. But I use it on warrior, so I guess the skills make the difference? Oh, and on an Asura, and the Iceps are awesome on an Asura, much like Rodgort's Fireceps (both of which are crappy on Norn and Charr).

Matter of opinion. I don't have to look at someone else. I have 17 legendaries and it is one of my favorites. :)

@Thelgar.7214 said:

Matter of opinion. I don't have to look at someone else. I have 17 legendaries and it is one of my favorites. :)

No, it is not a matter of opinion.

It objectively has way less special effects than most other legendaries.

Just compare.

Especially skills where you use the model as a projectile: it literally just copy-pastes the Frostfang there without any special effects. Put Twilight or Sunrise on your Warrior and throw it with 4. Then put on Frostfang and use Throw Axe. Pathetic in comparison. As mentioned, with Mirage it actually downgrades all Axe skills!

And the little ice thing on your arm is nothing in comparison to the auras and draw effects of most other legendaries, too.

Look, I'm not trying to tell you that you cannot enjoy it or lessen your enjoyment of it but let's be real when talking about it.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

No, it is not a matter of opinion.

It objectively has way less special effects than most other legendaries.

Just compare.

Especially skills where you use the model as a projectile: it literally just copy-pastes the Frostfang there without any special effects. Put Twilight or Sunrise on your Warrior and throw it with 4. Then put on Frostfang and use Throw Axe. Pathetic in comparison. As mentioned, with Mirage it actually downgrades all Axe skills!

And the little ice thing on your arm is nothing in comparison to the auras and draw effects of most other legendaries, too.

Look, I'm not trying to tell you that you cannot enjoy it or lessen your enjoyment of it but let's be real when talking about it.

I'm not telling you you can't dislike it, but your perception of it isn't necessarily the reality of it to someone else. You don't like it, that's fine. But objectively it is a good legendary. On a warrior, the axe trails look awesome and the impact effect is also great. Objectively, it is a premium one-handed legendary, just not as flashy as you seem to want. But everything doesn't have to be a Dreamer (which I also have and like).

Archived