People trying to justify scourge as balanced.

Razor.6392

• Because receiving anywhere from 3 to 7 conditions in 0.5 seconds JUST for coming in touch with a shade or trying to melee the necro is fine.
  • Because having to give up the points due to the massive aoe spamfest in a game that relies on capturing them is fine.
  • Because having to give up on any map objective that is in a confined space due to the massive aoe spamfest is fine.
  • Because having 4 instant cast aoe skills (can be used while cc'd) with no telegraph or animation is fine.
  • Because a spec designed to be a support effortlessly outdamaging actual dps specs in the graphs, every game, is fine.
  • Because having a whole type of aoe utility (and an elite) skills that corrupts boons into 2-3 different conditions, on top of the F, trait, and baseline corrupts, is fine.
  • Because having the only soft counters to the damn spec be 1 trick pony ranged builds that aren't viable and lose to almost every other meta spec is fine (also, projectile hate).
  • Because weakness being immeasurably stronger against power builds compared to condi builds is fine.
  • Because having 2 of them on each team every game is certainly not an indicative of anything. Also fine btw.
  • Because having a spec that literally spams stuff off cd giving a hard time to more skilled players is fine.

We're all wrong. Scourge is balanced and we all, including actual top players, SUCK at the game.

You just know that the people defending scourges always do this in any game, they always know better. Wearing shirts with "dont nerf, adapt", they really believe their own bs lol. Because nothing is ever unbalanced, it's always a L2P issue, and they, from the bottom of the leaderboard, have seen the light.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"arenta.2953" said:don't forget "they don't have range or mobility. so just range them to death" as if thats actually possible <.<

Fun Fact, You can shade bomb people at 1200 range with Scourge.

don't remidn me x.x

and whats worse is when a shade hits you, you need to use the condi cleanse immediatly or be downed so fast. no blocking ,evading or any of that once the conditions are on you.

and if you go downed, you don't even get the brief break of "absorbing dmg" while you switch to down state, the condi continues to tick...

really wish they hadn't nerfed thief condi removal to only remove "specific" conditions.

heck even ranger's survival grandmaster trait isn't enough to keep up with the condi cleanses needed

@Razor.6392 said:

@Malafaia.8903 said:Jesus, now i understand why devs don't read the forums.You need another topic for crying? Isn't the 984867574 others enough?L2P dude, L2P...

Behold, the ___est user in this forum!

Yeah yeah, "if you don't agree with me, you're wrong".Typical MMO loser.

The counters are not viable in high tier, and no condi removal or deprivation of boons can keep up with their condi application. What argument have you presented?

As a main Druid i'll have to disagree HARD on this.

@Malafaia.8903 said:

@Malafaia.8903 said:Jesus, now i understand why devs don't read the forums.You need another topic for crying? Isn't the 984867574 others enough?L2P dude, L2P...

The counters are not viable in high tier, and no condi removal or deprivation of boons can keep up with their condi application. What argument have you presented?

One of the few classes that can attempt to keep up with scourge's condi application says they're fine. And before you say it, long bow power druid isn't viable.

@Razor.6392 said:

One of the few classes that can attempt to keep up with scourge's condi application says they're fine. And before you say it, long bow power druid isn't viable.

Hey, suddenly a class that can beat Scourges and are viable in high tiers?

@Malafaia.8903 said:

? It's obvious english isn't your first language so I'll stop now. Nice argument btw.

@Razor.6392 said:

? It's obvious english isn't your first language so I'll stop now. Nice argument btw.

Lol, classic.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

@Malafaia.8903 said:

Lol, classic.

More like this statement:

"Hey, suddenly a class that can beat Scourges and are viable in high tiers?"

Is completely incoherent. The druid build that works in high tiers is not the one that 'counters' scourge. I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying though.

well... yeah longbow druid can fuck up scourges. then again lb druid is viable but sw/w druid is better tbh. druid is probably one of the builds that can kinda deal w scourge since u have cleanse on dodge, passive cleanse, other passive cleanse on signet, cleanse on ur utilities and heal and well... celestial avatar. removes 15 conditions breaks stunn.

are u aware theres other classes that dont have celestal avatar every couple of seconds? haHAA

@Malafaia.8903 Aye remember what razor said "The counters are not viable in high tier" aye high bronze/silver tiers no viable counters! lol he is funny though I gota admit that he literally admitted there are counters to scourge yet they somehow aren't viable because this so called Higher level of play

Scourge drops aoe on the cap point people argue they cant leave or they somehow will lose the match ...instead they die in the circle and still likely lose the match. Scourge can be ranged down from a distance but once again people aren't allowed to leave the circle for a single moment to just idk kill the scourge.

So what we have learned here today is ....lets stand on the capture point that the scourge is going to AoE we know it is going to happen we are going to do it anyways but we are going to make some casual level excuses for our casual level of play to justify our not wanting to leave that fantastic circle people will die in it instead Still lose the match then proceed to get on the forums and make another forum thread saying scourge OP!

Noob scourge killed me while I was standing in this circle! I couldn't leave the circle or I might have lost the match! he put his aoes in the circle and I stood there! after enough lines the closing bit looks like ....Idk why I lost my match! ....I stood in the circle everytime! I also died in that circle when a scourge dropped his aoes on it and refused to move.

So I wonder what is worse for a team in terms of losing? refusing to simply get off point for a moment to kill a spec that is rather glassy or die repeatedly on point thinking because I'm pretty sure stepping off point for 15 seconds to kill a scourge is one thing as you can simply get back on point ....Or you can respawn which might possibly be at the other end of the map ...Hrmm

@Egorum.9506 said:Why then were there only a handful of scourge in the top 100 last season?

Because Scourge is actually terrible...alone. With a Firebrand, it's godly. Without support, a Scourge can be focused enough to make it almost balanced! The issue with Scourge is partly due to the excessive AoE spam and lack of telegraphed skills, but it's also due to how OP Firebrand support is. If Firebrand gets nerfed, Scourge will be more easily manageable at higher tiers, but it'll still be OP. There were only a handful of Scourges because there isn't always a Firebrand on every team, and there isn't always one that knows how to support properly. If ranked were more organized, I am certain there would be more Scourges in the top 100.

@Luciferior.4802 said:@Malafaia.8903 Aye remember what razor said "The counters are not viable in high tier" aye high bronze/silver tiers no viable counters! lol he is funny though I gota admit that he literally admitted there are counters to scourge yet they somehow aren't viable because this so called Higher level of play

Scourge drops aoe on the cap point people argue they cant leave or they somehow will lose the match ...instead they die in the circle and still likely lose the match. Scourge can be ranged down from a distance but once again people aren't allowed to leave the circle for a single moment to just idk kill the scourge.

So what we have learned here today is ....lets stand on the capture point that the scourge is going to AoE we know it is going to happen we are going to do it anyways but we are going to make some casual level excuses for our casual level of play to justify our not wanting to leave that fantastic circle people will die in it instead Still lose the match then proceed to get on the forums and make another forum thread saying scourge OP!

Noob scourge killed me while I was standing in this circle! I couldn't leave the circle or I might have lost the match! he put his aoes in the circle and I stood there! after enough lines the closing bit looks like ....Idk why I lost my match! ....I stood in the circle everytime! I also died in that circle when a scourge dropped his aoes on it and refused to move.

So I wonder what is worse for a team in terms of losing? refusing to simply get off point for a moment to kill a spec that is rather glassy or die repeatedly on point thinking because I'm pretty sure stepping off point for 15 seconds to kill a scourge is one thing as you can simply get back on point ....Or you can respawn which might possibly be at the other end of the map ...Hrmm

Not every single class has a range arsenal at his disposal, some classes do good only at melee range, so what they do during mid fight? They stay outside the shades watching the fight?

If they go to another point they leave mid outnumbered and you lose as soon the enemy team starts rotate properly.

If there is a duo firebrand plus scourge it's almost impossible getting him down before you get downed instead.

And the F1 skill has a 1200 range and it is so wide, and can be placed under your feet and a single tick give you 6 condis, cripple weakness torment.

90% of the cases if you get caught like that even condi cleanses are useless to escape, because you get condi bombed 1 second later again, and with cripple torment and all it is too hard to escape.

You step back the point and he places the shades on you anyway.

@Luciferior.4802 said:@Malafaia.8903 Aye remember what razor said "The counters are not viable in high tier" aye high bronze/silver tiers no viable counters! lol he is funny though I gota admit that he literally admitted there are counters to scourge yet they somehow aren't viable because this so called Higher level of play

So the counter is to just range the scourge (it's 5v1 after all, he has no teammates) until he dies, then capture the point. OH EM GEE, SO SIMPLE, WE'RE FUCKING RETARDED FOR NOT REALIZING THIS SOONER!

Archived