Aurene Mount When, Arenanet?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess (and hope) is that we'll get a Aurene Griffon Skin at some point in the upcoming LS chapters, I'm sure we'll get to ride her during the story at some point and we'll probably get her as a Mount skin at the same time, hopefully through an achievement or a collection and if that'll be the case we'll likely get some variants of that Skin in the Cash Shop (like they did with the Aurene mini too, we could get the original mini through a Collection and they released special variants in the Cash Shop).

That would be the most satisfying and immersive way to release a Aurene skin.

@Shirlias.8104 said:At the end of S4 aurene will probably be the new Kralkatorrik, and since she's a named ( and a dragon, which exists in limited number ) there's no way you are going to mount an npc.

I shouln't happend.

I don't think that's a problem, we aren't multiple commanders anyway. Every one of us is the only Commander of our kind in our playthrough, think of our characters as different possibilitys throughout different timelines and through some sort of Ley Anomaly we happen to be able to walk among each other. That would also explain why we can sometimes be on the same map as someone else but not see him/her (different instance) ;)Also, we already have cases of items which should be unique but are available on the Cash Shop, like Belinda's Greatsword, although we never got the version with her Ghost in it.

I see 2 inconsistencies there

• Aurene is not a dragon with a griffon shape anymore.
  • We will be able to see infinite guys mounting aurene, which will make aurene not unique.

Minis do exist per every single characters, but mounts are pretty different.

They should give us more options to disable other players effects, skins, dyes, weapon kinds, etc... before implementing new things.This will fix everything.

Aurene mount will never happen because she’s a character. She’s not only an extremely unique creature, she’s also Aurene.Hence it would be impossible to have her as a mount.It would also be unlikely we’ll get a neutral dragon mount as the amount of dragons in the world that aren’t corrupted can be counted on an asuras hand (after a lab accident).That said we might get to ride her in a story instance, which is actually pretty probable, but we’ll never see her as an open world mount.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Aurene mount will never happen because she’s a character. She’s not only an extremely unique creature, she’s also Aurene.Hence it would be impossible to have her as a mount.

She's a whole series of minis, so why not a mount?

I want to ride Aurene in a LS event, but I really don't want to see Aurene as an all the time mount. The Aurene mini's are bad enough.I would like to see Aurene show up in the personal instance like the snow leopard cub, so she follows you around the whole time you're there.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Aurene mount will
never
happen because she’s a character. She’s not only an extremely unique creature, she’s also
Aurene
.Hence it would be impossible to have her as a mount.

I want to ride Aurene in a LS event, but I really don't want to see Aurene as an all the time mount. The Aurene mini's are bad enough.I would like to see Aurene show up in the personal instance like the snow leopard cub, so she follows you around the whole time you're there.

If you pay attention you will note that every character or monster is a mini.Mounts are different.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

never
happen because she’s a character. She’s not only an extremely unique creature, she’s also
Aurene

Because minis aren’t ‘real’ creatures.I believe they’re just dolls or something made to look like famous characters in the world.Maybe its a leftover of the Polymock system that anet never finished.But mini aurene isn’t a sentient creature. Its justa doll, puppet, mechination, however you want to call it.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

never
Aurene

If you pay attention you will note that every character or monster is a mini.Mounts are different.

Are they? Is it actually reasonable to say something that has existed for such a short time works in some particular way? They can do as they please and if they please they could easily put Aurene all over the place, because it would sell like no other mount ever will.

Also, on the subject of minis. There are the miniature versions of normal sized NPCs, and then the life sized version of things that are already small, like all the baby animal minis. Baby animals, like Aurene. There is a miniature version of teenage Aurene, which is properly mini, but the original Aurene was life sized to her already miniature stature.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

never
Aurene

Because minis aren’t ‘real’ creatures.I believe they’re just dolls or something made to look like famous characters in the world.Maybe its a leftover of the Polymock system that anet never finished.But mini aurene isn’t a sentient creature. Its justa doll, puppet, mechination, however you want to call it.

Is there some sort of in game canon that can corroborate that? I've never seen anything to actually explain the mini functionality.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

never
Aurene

Is there some sort of in game canon that can corroborate that? I've never seen anything to actually explain the mini functionality.

There is no lore regarding the minis.They’re just nonexistent creatures. They exist for no more purpose than being ‘collectibles’.We had them in GW1 and then they were specifically called Miniatures, and polymock pieces.Hence there is there no reason to believe the minipets are in any way living creatures

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

never
Aurene

Are they? Is it actually reasonable to say something that has existed for such a short time works in some particular way? They can do as they please and if they please they could easily put Aurene all over the place, because it would sell like no other mount ever will.

Also, on the subject of minis. There are the miniature versions of normal sized NPCs, and then the life sized version of things that are already small, like all the baby animal minis. Baby animals, like Aurene. There is a miniature version of teenage Aurene, which is properly mini, but the original Aurene was life sized to her already miniature stature.

They definitely can do whatever they want, but I do hope that before they do this they give players more options to disable other players stuff, because some of us don't like to see minis, people riding meteorites, people mounting aurene, flashy colors, aurafeasts.

I'll be extremely surprised if we don't ever get to ride Aurene in a story instance. But I also don't think we'll ever get to use her as a mount in the open-world. Not only because it would look silly if everyone was riding her, but also because she's a dragon and in GW2 dragons are pretty powerful creatures. She was able to give us special abilities even before she was born so it'd be extremely strange if we didn't get any special abilities while riding her, but if we did it'd be pretty game-breaking.

@Alga.6498 said:Screw Aurene, I wanna rid on the big guys, the real elder dragons! Out of my way or I'll run you over! :naughty:

You dismount and just fall to the ground and die if you don't start gliding or use your griffon? Depending on which dragon you use, leave a differently colored wake of death and destruction behind you? Sounds good to me!

1) Yeah most likely we'll mount Aurene. If inside or outside the story, that's the question.2) The masteries for LS4 do seem to concern Aurene, as the first one clearly states we get that ability due to our link with Aurene.3) Aurene is already empatically linked to us, there's nothing that would prevent her from allowing us to mount her in-game or out.

Most likely, she'll be available on the open world, but only in a specific map or set of LS4 maps, just like all the other LS-related masteries. Which also makes sense for story progression, since all maps are frozen in time at the time the story progresses in them, so it would always make sense that we can ride Aurene in those maps, even if in the story she's now a gigantic Elder Dragon, or even the new antagonist (hey, can happen, you don't know!).

Lets be honest here: a whole lot of us are looking to Anet to compensate for the total absence of a decent Pern game.

They've been taunting us with it ever since she hatched, formed an empathic bond with the player character and we immediately knew her name. That sounds almost exactly like Impression to me. She'll be 2 years old soon and is already about the size of a horse, so she could be capable of carrying a rider.

(And is it me or is that one random red star in Tyria's sky bigger when viewed from PoF maps?)

Archived