suggestion to help balance druid

Eleazar.9478

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:Nobody here is asking for nerfs. We're just not dumb enough to think that's a matter of choice, when the reality is that's it's only a matter of time before we're the target for nerfs.

Always respect your opinion

need I remind you or anyone else here, that it wasn't that long ago when this bit of regen your talking about could not compete with the destruction and overpowered damage we faced...or that as soon as we entered form, we were blown up with condis.

and now what, we deserve a nerf because a few very overpowered classes got tuned?

Cause look, here's what is going to happen, other classes will become stronger again and that will make this cf regen and regen absolutely insignificant.

Also, there are still counters to druid.condi thiefpewpew thiefengineer with all their knockdowns is ridiculousGood burn guards (still a thing)

You forgot about our worst enemy ... MESMER! they said they fixed/nerfed Mesemer ... Is not true .... Mesmer it is still too OP , even we talk about condi or power one. The fact they change some confusion to torment didn't mean nothing ... Mesmer still can do super huge damage and still has 10000 skills for defence + 1000 invisibility/clones/teleportation etc . This is stupid! I want to see all these rangers who are crying to nerf Druid, going on mesmers forum and ask there for nerf the Mesmer.I am tired to see every week a new post on ranger forum about how to nerf Druid. If I was a moderator I deleted every post from Ranger Forum who ask to nerf this class.

The ones you should be wary of are the same ones, you lot seem to hold in high esteem :

-nerf signet of stone-nerf rugged growth-nerf troll unguent

Anybody with even the min understanding of ranger knows that nerfs like that would do less than zero to address druid balance issues, they're completely irrelevant and the non-sense spouted to justify such nerfs, it's absolutely maddening

-Reduce access to CA?-Easier to counter?

What crap is that? I have a freaking staff with an evasion/dash skill on 1200 range, I have stealth on demand with lb or blast in shadow field still,
you can use WHAO and see absolutely zero difference
which makes the troll unguent claim even more absurd.It's ridiculous to suggest that core ranger nerfs would fix druid issue,
yes ofc being druid a ranger elite, you can expect it to be affected somehow if you nerf the ranger....1+1=2
, but the nerfs suggested by these "pro" rangers would do nothing to reduce druid ability to reset fights at will and instead will greatly affect already underperforming and future specs

You exercise your lack of intelligence and understanding of the class, balance, and game design every time you speak.

You talk about intelligence when you have nothing but this self-styled game design certificate to back up your "balance" claims; which triple A MMO did you launch again?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:Nobody here is asking for nerfs. We're just not dumb enough to think that's a matter of choice, when the reality is that's it's only a matter of time before we're the target for nerfs.

need I remind you or anyone else here, that it wasn't that long ago when this bit of regen your talking about could not compete with the destruction and overpowered damage we faced...or that as soon as we entered form, we were blown up with condis.

and now what, we deserve a nerf because a few very overpowered classes got tuned?

Cause look, here's what is going to happen, other classes will become stronger again and that will make this cf regen and regen absolutely insignificant.

Also, there are still counters to druid.condi thiefpewpew thiefengineer with all their knockdowns is ridiculousGood burn guards (still a thing)

You forgot about our worst enemy ... MESMER! they said they fixed/nerfed Mesemer ... Is not true .... Mesmer it is still too OP , even we talk about condi or power one. The fact they change some confusion to torment didn't mean nothing ... Mesmer still can do super huge damage and still has 10000 skills for defence + 1000 invisibility/clones/teleportation etc . This is stupid! I want to see all these rangers who are crying to nerf Druid, going on mesmers forum and ask there for nerf the Mesmer.I am tired to see every week a new post on ranger forum about how to nerf Druid. If I was a moderator I deleted every post from Ranger Forum who ask to nerf this class.

The ones you should be wary of are the same ones, you lot seem to hold in high esteem :

Anybody with even the min understanding of ranger knows that nerfs like that would do less than zero to address druid balance issues, they're completely irrelevant and the non-sense spouted to justify such nerfs, it's absolutely maddening

What crap is that? I have a freaking staff with an evasion/dash skill on 1200 range, I have stealth on demand with lb or blast in shadow field still,
which makes the troll unguent claim even more absurd.It's ridiculous to suggest that core ranger nerfs would fix druid issue,
yes ofc being druid a ranger elite, you can expect it to be affected somehow if you nerf the ranger....1+1=2
, but the nerfs suggested by these "pro" rangers would do nothing to reduce druid ability to reset fights at will and instead will greatly affect already underperforming and future specs

You exercise your lack of intelligence and understanding of the class, balance, and game design every time you speak.

You talk about intelligence when you have nothing but this self-styled game design certificate to back up your "balance" claims; which triple A MMO did you launch again?

They have nothing to do with each other, and you prove my point every time you post something.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

They have nothing to do with each other, and you prove my point every time you post something.

I take it as "NONE"....hmm..the amount of verbal abuse is more and more noticeable.....

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I take it as "NONE".....so from where this game designing knowledge of your come from again?

My degree in Computer Science and Game Development. It's not my career, but it's my education.

How about you, where's your gameplay qualifications or education qualifications? I even posted some video footage for you so that there's some basis of understanding that I know my class and know what I'm talking about.

But other than trolling me and derailing topics, is there anything you can actually contribute to any topic? Or is all you can do dismiss other people and cry very loudly?

I have a question for you : so we assume your suggestions are the actual nerfs ranger get next patch...so why people should opt for a soulbeast over a druid? The first still lack the same levels of disengage of druid and still nobody can explain why a spec designed for team support...has more escape and self-sustain than a dps elite

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@"jcbroe.4329" said:Nobody here is asking for nerfs. We're just not dumb enough to think that's a matter of choice, when the reality is that's it's only a matter of time before we're the target for nerfs.

I understand how you feel, but my reasoning doesn't even really come from the rest of where the balance is for other classes.

Really, my biggest driving point is that one build setup has been vastly out performing all the rest of the options available to us, and that's because, on top of eating nerfs that in retrospect were pointless since they were intended to address exactly what the issue the current metabuild now has, the few buffs we received work with the Druid spec to put that combination WAY over the top compared to any other thing Druid can run.

Now, would I start with the changes I suggested if I was in charge? No. I'd start by removing the PvP shout nerf we received that reduced the Regen down to 4 seconds so that it would be the same as it is in WvW, and then I'd remove Live Vicariously on the Druid line and move Lingering Light to the GM minor and move the GM minor down to replace Live Vicariously.

Then I'd use the new GM slot to throw in this GM: "Fields you blast now remove 1 condition with AoE radius. The detonation from Seed of Light is now a blast finisher." I'd then take the Staff trait and make it activate Lesser Glyph of Equality on weaponswap (not just weaponswap to staff), which would be Glyph of Equality minus the stunbreak.

In list form:

• Unsplit Resounding Timbre, removed the PvP only version.
  • Removed Live Vicariously, replaced with Natural Mender.
  • Moved Lingering Light to GM minor slot.
  • New GM: Fields you blast now remove 1 condition AoE. The detonation for Seed of Light is a blast finisher (this blasts itself).
  • Primal Echoes now drops Lesser Glyph of Equality, and activates on every weaponswap.

I think that this short list would increase build diversity to the point where there wouldn't be an apex predator build anymore.

Now, would it solve people thinking Druid is too strong? Probably not. That's the only reason I keep doing this though, I don't want the class to be nerfed, but I know it's going to be, and I'd much rather the suggestions come from threads like these where people understand the class and would preserve the components of it that make it usable than from people who go "see strong trait, nerf strong trait."

There's nothing wrong with things being strong. Every class has something ridiculously strong, like Adrenal Health or Chronophantasma, that are in line because of how frequently those effects can occur. Druid shouldn't have to have it's whole traitline ripped away from it just because 1 build can abuse access to CA.

@Arheundel.6451 I am apologizing to you and removing my unsavory comment.

I do not know how to make you understand that I have no intention of reducing the power level of core Ranger when you don't understand that my suggestions don't hurt the class.

We may not agree, but please understand that I do not want to make any changes that would leave the class worse off that it was, whether it's core, Druid, or Soulbeast, even if because you don't understand the intent of my suggestions, you disagree with me.

I can promise you that you'd be much happier with me making changes to the class than the general public, even if you don't believe that.

What I think would be healthier for discussion between the 2 of us moving forward is to accept our difference of opinions on this topic and look to instead address what we should have been discussing this whole time since in my mind it should be the balance/design teams most pressing issue; the underpowered state of Soulbeast.

Deal?

@"Eleazar.9478" said:Due to condis being nerfed druid is a king of points.

What I think is making druid too sustainy is the the rugged growth change, as right now a druid can have near perma protection and have rugged growth scale past 600 per tic which is our old troll ungent.

This problem is two fold

1 the protection up time negates damage and with the Regen completely negates dps (evade and boom your regening your health)

2 all of the passive regen recharges cele avater with little effort.

My "fix"

1) Increase the base rugged growth to 360 and greatly decrease it's scaleing with healing power, in order for the trait to actually help dps builds while preventing it from scaleing so high with menders

2) Change the values on cele Regen. Make it recharge more for doing damage, outgoing healing (edit*)and recharge less for self healing. This would encourage more active game play forceing the druid to stay in the fight, instead just kiting around while you or your pet takes damage and gives you free celestial form.

1) 360 base healing power on rugged growth with less healing power scaling? Let's say we will get...450hp/s with mender amulet, then. Less 100-150 hp/s is your fix? Good change, but nothing noticeable.

2) I think this will push druid to Staff/WS/NM even more since spamming staff11111111 will be mandatory to get enough astral force within the 15 seconds. Also this change will make Dolyak runes almost useless, which i dunno if it's a good thing.

@kappa.2036 said:

@"Eleazar.9478" said:Due to condis being nerfed druid is a king of points.

What I think is making druid too sustainy is the the rugged growth change, as right now a druid can have near perma protection and have rugged growth scale past 600 per tic which is our old troll ungent.

This problem is two fold

1 the protection up time negates damage and with the Regen completely negates dps (evade and boom your regening your health)

My "fix"

1) Increase the base rugged growth to 360 and greatly decrease it's scaleing with healing power, in order for the trait to actually help dps builds while preventing it from scaleing so high with menders

2) Change the values on cele Regen. Make it recharge more for doing damage, outgoing healing (edit*)and recharge less for self healing. This would encourage more active game play forceing the druid to stay in the fight, instead just kiting around while you or your pet takes damage and gives you free celestial form.

1) 360 base healing power on rugged growth with less healing power scaling? Let's say we will get...450hp/s with mender amulet, then. Less 100-150 hp/s is your fix? Good change, but nothing noticeable.

2) I think this will push druid to Staff/WS/NM even more since spamming staff11111111 will be mandatory to get enough astral force within the 15 seconds. Also this change will make Dolyak runes almost useless, which i dunno if it's a good thing.

Thanks for a solid feedback, and I can see your point I'm trying to think of a way around that with staff, but after thinking about it I have to say that already happens, this would actually be a buff when you use any other ranger weapons though, I'm thinking like it would make warhorn 4 very nice for regening celeform.

Hmmm I'm just trying to think of ways to encourage druids to be more active without destroying the class. Feel free to suggest.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

I understand how you feel, but my reasoning doesn't even really come from the rest of where the balance is for other classes.

Really, my biggest driving point is that one build setup has been vastly out performing all the rest of the options available to us, and that's because, on top of eating nerfs that in retrospect were pointless since they were intended to address exactly what the issue the current metabuild now has, the few buffs we received work with the Druid spec to put that combination WAY over the top compared to any other thing Druid can run.

Now, would I start with the changes I suggested if I was in charge? No. I'd start by removing the PvP shout nerf we received that reduced the Regen down to 4 seconds so that it would be the same as it is in WvW, and then I'd remove Live Vicariously on the Druid line and move Lingering Light to the GM minor and move the GM minor down to replace Live Vicariously.

Then I'd use the new GM slot to throw in this GM: "Fields you blast now remove 1 condition with AoE radius. The detonation from Seed of Light is now a blast finisher." I'd then take the Staff trait and make it activate Lesser Glyph of Equality on weaponswap (not just weaponswap to staff), which would be Glyph of Equality minus the stunbreak.

In list form:
  • New GM: Fields you blast now remove 1 condition AoE. The detonation for Seed of Light is a blast finisher (this blasts itself).
  • Primal Echoes now drops Lesser Glyph of Equality, and activates on every weaponswap.

I think that this short list would increase build diversity to the point where there wouldn't be an apex predator build anymore.

Now, would it solve people thinking Druid is too strong? Probably not. That's the only reason I keep doing this though, I don't want the class to be nerfed, but I know it's going to be, and I'd much rather the suggestions come from threads like these where people understand the class and would preserve the components of it that make it usable than from people who go "see strong trait, nerf strong trait."

There's nothing wrong with things being strong. Every class has something ridiculously strong, like Adrenal Health or Chronophantasma, that are in line because of how frequently those effects can occur. Druid shouldn't have to have it's whole traitline ripped away from it just because 1 build can abuse access to CA.

As someone who uses Glyphs in every aspect of the game (yes even PvP because i'm a gluten for punishment), I fully support these changes, in addition to the ones you proposed earlier, I feel like it'd open up way more avenues of play, and just taking live vicariously out alone would make it so that our Astral Force regen would get hit in team fights.

I still think them nerfing the shout trait in PvP was one of the dumbest changes they've done, it hurt core ranger waaaaaay more than it hurt druid.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

In list form:

I like you J, you are always one of my top favorite posters on the boards, but when you start bringing up “nerfing this brings build diversity” and “abusing CA”... it kinda bothers me... Why? Because professions and combat for this game were built, and are mostly maintained for PvE. There are tons of profession designs that do not work well with pvp modes, and you have forum posters who cannot look at anything objectively. Most players aren’t even that competitive minded, and just cry to the devs to nerf stuff, instead of fixing themselves and practicing...

And if you want to bring up “abuse”, well I’m sure we could have a healthy debate on major issues this game, profession designs and combat mechanics face... But in the end, this is a pve game with pvp modes shoved in for selling points, and minimal effort goes toward making substantial improvements for pvp modes, or even the game... And most things that we can classify as OP, are because others things are crap by comparison.

And I guarantee most of these players crying about Druid don’t even bother to look up counters, or change their builds, or practice getting better... Also, the build that any player is currently running while in pvp modes will get trumped by another build because there are not any perfect universal builds out there... Edit- Let’s not forget the varying experience and skill levels per individual player.

Part 2- And if we want to break down the original post, I can almost guarantee that (s)he faced off against a tanky Druid built to remove condi, and the OP was running a condi build. And those condi builds do not produce enough power damage to be a threat... So obviously we need to nerf protection and regen because the OP lost to a better player on a tough build, instead of the OP learning from that encounter and making adjustments, learning counters, putting those counters in their build and practicing...

@Durzlla.6295 said:

In list form:

As someone who uses Glyphs in every aspect of the game (yes even PvP because i'm a gluten for punishment), I fully support these changes, in addition to the ones you proposed earlier, I feel like it'd open up way more avenues of play, and just taking live vicariously out alone would make it so that our Astral Force regen would get hit in team fights.

I still think them nerfing the shout trait in PvP was one of the dumbest changes they've done, it hurt core ranger waaaaaay more than it hurt druid.

Glyphs were a blast--I really liked them. I loved knocking people off of points, or interupting a rez/stomp.I was wondering, after this balance patch, if glyphs might work well again for holding points etc.

And it's 'glutton'.Gluten is the protein in wheat many have issues with.

@Swagger.1459 said:

In list form:

I like you J, you are always one of my top favorite posters on the boards, but when you start bringing up “nerfing this brings build diversity” and “abusing CA”... it kinda bothers me... Why? Because professions and combat for this game were built, and are mostly maintained for PvE. There are tons of profession designs that do not work well with pvp modes, and you have forum posters who cannot look at anything objectively. Most players aren’t even that competitive minded, and just cry to the devs to nerf stuff, instead of fixing themselves and practicing...

And if you want to bring up “abuse”, well I’m sure we could have a healthy debate on major issues this game, profession designs and combat mechanics face... But in the end, this is a pve game with pvp modes shoved in for selling points, and minimal effort goes toward making substantial improvements for pvp modes, or even the game... And most things that we can classify as OP, are because others things are crap by comparison.

And I guarantee most of these players crying about Druid don’t even bother to look up counters, or change their builds, or practice getting better... Also, the build that any player is currently running while in pvp modes will get trumped by another build because there are not any perfect universal builds out there... Edit- Let’s not forget the varying experience and skill levels per individual player.

Yeah, true.

And to be fair, my language there was probably not great, thanks for pointing that out.

Let me try something different; I'm going to pinpoint the exact buffs that introduced power creep into a build, or builds, that nobody was complaining about, that now has the community set on nerfing Druid.

Short list:

• Removal of the old passive effect of Signet of Renewal and replacing it with the old passive effect of Signet of the Wild.
  • Removal of Bark Skin and replacing it with Rugged Growth.

I'd list the changes to Soften the Fall and Zephyrs speed just because they contribute highly to the shift away from Shout based builds on top of their nerfs but ultimately I think they're incredibly healthy for Core Ranger and are a good foundation to build future specializations on top of and I don't want to see that synergy removed.

But yeah, those were completely unnecessary changes and Frosty was already popularizing the current meta build setup at that point, so either somebody really wanted to take that specific build and power it up, or whoever at ANet that made the changes is working off a ridiculously long road map for the class or completely lacks the foresight to understand that with those changes in place, it's inevitable we'd end up here.

Regardless, I think @"Eleazar.9478" has it pinpointed in the OP's suggestions, even if we made different suggestions.

The "issue" isn't one specific tool, it's just generally how Astral Force is generated, and how it's completely disproportional in the type of gameplay it promotes. Especially with how it's more effective to stack multiple healing sources and let them passively and almost mindlessly generate Astral Force.

At a completely conceptual level, in EVERY gamemode, active gameplay, as in, actively engaging in combat and mechanics, should be more rewarded/rewarding/effective than running around surviving and letting all the passive effects do the work.

Sidenote: I think Druid is in a PERFECT place in PvE. It has just the right ratio of skill and rotation execution to situational awareness and positioning demand.

But all of this aside, having been around with me as long as you have, you know that even if I come on strong about my opinions and ideas, I'm just looking to have actual constructive conversations and am more than happy to admit when I'm wrong or when there's an idea that's far superior to mine.

I just want to make sure that when, and I mean when, not if, ANet nerfs Druid, they don't just remove the viability of it's traits and tools and dumpster it like a lot of the loud community wants, when it would take just a few miniscule changes, not nerfs, and those alone would drastically change what the one build (Druid is more than just the single build people are complaining about and doesn't deserve nerfs because of a single build).

I also still strongly believe that as long as we're here having these discussions, those of us that know and understand that class and can be reasonable and are compelled to write insanely long textwalls to having the hard and heated discussions, we're the ones that ANet will see having these very good discussions and they will see our analysis and mechanical breakdowns of the class, and that will keep them from making otherwise detrimental changes to us.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

@Eleazar.9478 said:Due to condis being nerfed druid is a king of points.

What I think is making druid to sustainy is the the rugged growth change, as right now a druid can have near perma protection and have rugged growth scale past 600 per tic which is our old troll ungent.

This problem is two fold

My "fix"

2) Change the values on cele Regen. Make it recharge more for doing damage and recharge less for healing. This would encourage more active game play forceing the druid to stay in the fight, instead just kiting around while you or your pet takes damage and gives you free celestial form.

Or players can learn to play better and use available counters in their build? Oh and practice too?

Counters like what? Even if you strip protection it's very easy to reapply it, theres only two "counters" right now spellbreaker and sword thief do to reliable boon rip. what I'm proposing won't hurt rangers and soulbeasts and will give druid a more active play style. The passive bunker is cancer and unhealthy for the game.

Want to know what is truly unhealthy for the game? Players who do not bother to look up counters, and instead come to the forums uniformed and asking for nerfs.

All Regen and Heals are debuffed by 33% withhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Poison

Boon problems?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Skills_that_remove_boonshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Skills_that_transfer_boonshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Skills_that_transform_boons_into_conditionshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Traits_that_remove_boonshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Traits_that_transfer_boonshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Traits_that_convert_boons_into_conditionshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Upgrade_components_that_transfer_boonshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Upgrade_components_that_remove_boons

Because the devs nerfed condi we need to nerf protection right?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protection

"Protection is a boon that reduces direct damage by 33%. It does not affect Condition Damage dealt by conditions or any other source of health loss such as falling damage""It does not affect Condition Damage dealt by conditions""It does not affect Condition Damage dealt by conditions"oh and ..."It does not affect Condition Damage dealt by conditions"

@Swagger.1459 said:

What I think is making druid to sustainy is the the rugged growth change, as right now a druid can have near perma protection and have rugged growth scale past 600 per tic which is our old troll ungent.

This problem is two fold

My "fix"

2) Change the values on cele Regen. Make it recharge more for doing damage and recharge less for healing. This would encourage more active game play forceing the druid to stay in the fight, instead just kiting around while you or your pet takes damage and gives you free celestial form.

Or players can learn to play better and use available counters in their build? Oh and practice too?

Counters like what? Even if you strip protection it's very easy to reapply it, theres only two "counters" right now spellbreaker and sword thief do to reliable boon rip. what I'm proposing won't hurt rangers and soulbeasts and will give druid a more active play style. The passive bunker is cancer and unhealthy for the game.

Want to know what is truly unhealthy for the game? Players who do not bother to look up counters, and instead come to the forums uniformed and asking for nerfs.

All Regen and Heals are debuffed by 33% with

Boon problems?

Because the devs nerfed condi we need to nerf protection right?

"Protection is a boon that reduces direct damage by 33%. It does not affect Condition Damage dealt by conditions or any other source of health loss such as falling damage""It does not affect Condition Damage dealt by conditions""It does not affect Condition Damage dealt by conditions"oh and ..."It does not affect Condition Damage dealt by conditions"

You know what druid has a crap ton of..Cleanse and on WS/NM build reapplication of protection. Rather than nerfing those witch would destroy core ranger and soulbeast. I'd rather address the other stuff, and jcbroe hit the nail on the head.

A meta menders build should have zero issue with conditions in the current meta. And be able to maintain high protection uptime. So there goes your counters....

Honestly any decent druid should not die unless properly chained cc'ed by 2 or more.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

This problem is two fold

My "fix"

Boon problems?

You know what druid has a crap ton of..Cleanse and on WS/NM build reapplication of protection. Rather than nerfing those witch would destroy core ranger and soulbeast. I'd rather address the other stuff, and jcbroe hit the nail on the head.

A meta menders build should have zero issue with conditions in the current meta. And be able to maintain high protection uptime. So there goes your counters....

Honestly any decent druid should not die unless properly chained cc'ed by 2 or more.

I would suggest stop making excuses on why you lost, and spend more time learning about professions, the combat mechanics and counters.

You obviously had zero clue about what I quoted before I quoted them for you. Druid is not your problem, it’s your lack of knowledge and experience that needs improving way before we talk about nerfing any profession or build or mechanic.

Edit- and you should try posting your build and asking for help first, before asking the devs to change things that are hard for you.

@Eleazar.9478 said:Hmmm I'm just trying to think of ways to encourage druids to be more active without destroying the class. Feel free to suggest.

Maybe tweak your 2nd suggestion to add a Pet on-heal/on-hit value, with any heals applied to Pets and other NPCs to gain that value? For example:Player AF on-heal: 1½%, Pet AF on-heal: ½%, Player AF on-hit: ¾%, Pet AF on-hit: ¼%.

Values can be debated, but it introduces pet damage being able to contribute AF, while slowing down AF if healing NPCs instead of players. Doesn't touch core since it changes only the Druid adept minor, and leaves heals-over-time that just affect the player (ie: Dolyak runes) intact.

Just tossing that out there. Interesting discussion, even though I don't have much invested.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

In list form:

Glyphs were a blast--I really liked them. I loved knocking people off of points, or interupting a rez/stomp.I was wondering, after this balance patch, if glyphs might work well again for holding points etc.

I mean, i still use Glyphs, i've been using them to great effect in PvP for a while now, but i have always played a much glassier Druid in PvP than everyone else, whose focused more on team fighting and winning those fights than 1v1 skirmishes.

And I am a sylvari, i very well could be gluten xD

@Durzlla.6295 said:

In list form:

I mean, i still use Glyphs, i've been using them to great effect in PvP for a while now, but i have always played a much glassier Druid in PvP than everyone else, whose focused more on team fighting and winning those fights than 1v1 skirmishes.

And I am a sylvari, i very well could be gluten xDhaha

mid fights, glassier build. /smh

You're not actually getting in the mix then are you?

The only way I see glassier build + fighting at mid = you are playing off point and you run at the first sign of trouble.Is that pretty close?

@Swagger.1459 said:

This problem is two fold

My "fix"

Boon problems?

I would suggest stop making excuses on why you lost, and spend more time learning about professions, the combat mechanics and counters.

You obviously had zero clue about what I quoted before I quoted them for you. Druid is not your problem, it’s your lack of knowledge and experience that needs improving way before we talk about nerfing any profession or build or mechanic.

Edit- and you should try posting your build and asking for help first, before asking the devs to change things that are hard for you.

What? This has nothing to do with loosing to druids (literally what usually ends of up happening is I pressure them off point and they just run around in circles just stalling (I've played menders druid too when pre balance patch I would run it against double necros), wvw it's worse as there's no point to cap and tougness + healing power = unkillable one of the many reasons why there's not toughness/healing power amulets sides for a nerfed celestial amulet. This is me looking at the health of the game and saying ya that's too strong.

The next thing your going to say is well then what's your problem m8? That kind of passive game play makes for some lame ass fights. It's why adrenal health is nerfed in PVP, why mmr is nerfed, why firebrands got nerfed, why old cele amulet got nerfed. Why season 1 of PVP was the lamest shit ever. Too strong of bunkers drags fights out and creates lame ass match ups.

And just add your counter suggestion yet again I forgot to mention do you know how to counter the counter? Dodge rolling again (cleanses conditions and applies protection.) Instead of qqing why don't you try adding to the discussion

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

In list form:

And I am a sylvari, i very well could be gluten xDhaha

mid fights, glassier build. /smh

You're not actually getting in the mix then are you?

The only way I see glassier build + fighting at mid = you are playing off point and you run at the first sign of trouble.Is that pretty close?

I mean, i'm glassier as in i don't run sig of stone or renewal.

I typically dart in and out of the thick of the fight, i'm a druid, so i'm tanky, just not AS tanky as the others.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:All this chatter about balancing Druid when I'm still waiting for sword's auto to fully cleave and Polar Bear's F2 cooldown to be lowered.... Still reaching for that low-hanging fruit!! :expressionless:

You forgot to mention the horrible poisonmaster trait or Porcines finally use a similar mechanic to steal.But yeah you are talking my alley.

Gluten is the protein in wheat many have issues with.

Offtopic FYI: Its actually a dimeric polymer that is produce through the interaction between flour/wheat and water.And the "many" ppl have issues with is not quiet true. Its about 0.0075 of human population and most ppl saying they are Coeliac (Cant handle gluten) are most of the time just special snowflakes.

Sooo back on topic:

Fir druid i wish more distinct traits.

One line for CC.One for support.One for Utility (Stealth, cleanses etc.)

As i said above, i actually like the idea of tweaking druid via the healing contribution of AF. It pressures druids to dmg more instead of just perma heal. They shouldnt touch core ranger though. And they should improve soulbeast in general, especially with condis SB takes the short straw in competitive modes and many traits dont offer much.

Archived